The diving thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah absolutely agree. He always does it and sometimes it irks a few of my fellow Lions mates that he has to resort to it as he's a god damn good footballer without having to do it. And now he's developed a reputation that will forever shadow his career. Hopefully he can reduce some of it as he gets older.

He is a ducker. That is what he will be remembered for, if anything.

Sicily is a well known diver but I reckon he and Toby Greene take it to a whole new level by also dummy spitting whenever a decision doesn't go his way. Has to be the biggest tool in the AFL. Exhibit A his reaction and spray to the umpire, teammate Duryea, his captain and anyone else around about not getting a free after the ball hit him in the face...

Sicily is a well known diver but I reckon he and Toby Greene take it to a whole new level by also dummy spitting whenever a decision doesn't go his way. Has to be the biggest tool in the AFL. Exhibit A his reaction and spray to the umpire, teammate Duryea, his captain and anyone else around about not getting a free after the ball hit him in the face...
how do you know this? they are future captains and I am terrified of turning them off the work load for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew it would be predictable but I still can't believe it. They were getting into Oliver for his dive all game and after on the boards and then the second one of their players does it it was a 'karate chop to the throat'

Gutless to call someone a diver then do a complete 180 when the tables are turned. Pathetic

Got a view on Oliver you would like the share?
You've replied to the same comment of mine twice.
Reckon the Oliver one has been done to death and he copped his whack at the time for what I said at the time was a s**t dive.
Now it's your turn so instead of standing up for your player, put him away for the weak act he did like everyone did Oliver.

I knew it would be predictable but I still can't believe it. They were getting into Oliver for his dive all game and after on the boards and then the second one of their players does it it was a 'karate chop to the throat'

Gutless to call someone a diver then do a complete 180 when the tables are turned. Pathetic

Your bloke has form. Lets see if this ever happens again with SPS. Money on ot will with Oliver...

No no no. You've got it back the front. SPS is/will be a much better player (he is in his first year). Oliver is a much better diver (held his mouth, stayed on the ground that long, police were looking for the shooter on the grassy knoll).
Is or will be? Which one is it? I'll make a bet with you: Oliver will finish above SPS on every single award for the year, by a comfortable margin. Want to take me up on it?

I get it, you want to stick up for your guy, but if you measure Oliver by the fact that you didn't like a dive he took one day against West Coast, you're not even interested in football. Have you even seen Oliver play?

No no no. You've got it back the front. SPS is/will be a much better player (he is in his first year). Oliver is a much better diver (held his mouth, stayed on the ground that long, police were looking for the shooter on the grassy knoll).

Waste of time talking to you. If you close an eye you'll be blind. Olivers first year was better than SPS and will be for every other year. Only thing they have in common is diving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back