Multiplat The Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
It is confirmed that there will be a The Division 2 by the same developer, Massive. The full reveal will be at this year’s E3.

The current state of The Division is actually quite good. Lots has changed since launch and through subsequent expansions and updates the community’s criticisms were taken on board unlike a certain other developer of a similar style of game.

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/an-announcement-from-massive-entertainment-on-the-division-2

http://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/tom-clancys-the-division-2-confirmed-updates-comin/1100-6457246/

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
extremley excited about this.

a few of us have been anticipating this might happen for some time now.

we have just gotten back into the original and started from scratch, still just as fun as it was when it first come out.

The latest (and free) update was great, but probably too little too late. West Side Piers is fantastic for people who play mostly solo or don't like the Dark Zone. I was surprised though how many people came back for it and last Global Event it was really pumping, I had no issues finding good farm groups. Still unable to get a full classified set though :straining:. I just rock between pretty decent reclaimer and striker sets, depending on the group.

Given Ubisoft's recent presentation to investors, I'm just a little worried how much they are going to try and copy Destiny while cutting themselves a bigger slice of this 'games as a live service' thing. They're obviously going to try and milk it but I'm worried they're going to release the MVP (minimum viable product), just like Bungie, and keep players engaged by the promise of regular (and paid) updates. Massive and Ubisoft spent years fixing The Division to the point where it is a complete game, and by complete I don't just mean all the expansions, but the game itself is complete where the the systems are deep enough and there is always something to do.

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
Pretty hyped, also left the first before most of the updates but still had a shitload of fun

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
I left the game before the massive 'fix'.

But my criticism of the first can be applied to Wildlands aswell. For a shooter looter, there was no sense of progression. Yeah the damage numbers went up, but the guns played the same throughout. So did the nades. I could do another playthrough of Borderlands right now because if I keep playing, I will get a clear sense of progression. The guns change, do different and better things. It's hamstrung by the fact that it's 3rd person (so that personalised relationship to your weapons arent there) and the world s realistic. Well, for a game.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I left the game before the massive 'fix'.

But my criticism of the first can be applied to Wildlands aswell. For a shooter looter, there was no sense of progression. Yeah the damage numbers went up, but the guns played the same throughout. So did the nades. I could do another playthrough of Borderlands right now because if I keep playing, I will get a clear sense of progression. The guns change, do different and better things. It's hamstrung by the fact that it's 3rd person (so that personalised relationship to your weapons arent there) and the world s realistic. Well, for a game.

The first expansion introduced sets and was expanded on. The sets basically determined classes and game styles: crowd control, healing, DPS, tech buff, solo, DZ and rogue farming etc. Since the sets (as well as everything else) has random affixes and the current state of the game is more similar to Diablo 3 than anything and like in D3 your gear choice drastically changes your play style. The lure to grind is the same carrot on the stick of D3, that you’re always hunting for a better rolled version of something you have so you can tackle harder content. I think when The Division first released it was trying to be more like Destiny or an MMO with a story, raids and all that jazz, but once the game sorted it out its identity crisis and focused on pretty much being a dungeon looter it was easier understand what you were working for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Enjoyed the first one till the grind became too boring in the end game around the first incursion. Hopefully this one has fixed some of the mistakes.

Ill try the BETA whenever that is.

Current state of the game is fantastic. Unfortunately by the time they fixed it up most people had left. Hopefully it's a lesson learned and they get it right first time.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Current state of the game is fantastic. Unfortunately by the time they fixed it up most people had left. Hopefully it's a lesson learned and they get it right first time.
I tried going back a couple of times, but dont have the DLC and had some fun but was too underpowered.

Survival looked good, but could never be bothered to buy the DLC. Would love them to have that in this one but free.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I tried going back a couple of times, but dont have the DLC and had some fun but was too underpowered.

Survival looked good, but could never be bothered to buy the DLC. Would love them to have that in this one but free.

Survival is fun. I guess you could say it's another battle royal rip off but it was a really fun take on the style. Due to low population it's hard to find games for these days unfortunately. The best thing they added which was a free addition was West Side Piers. Basically a single player Dark Zone and gear would drop depending on the world tier you set. While the 'raids' were still the best way to farm sets, if you were a solo player you could get everything from WSP. Also with the monthly World Events you could just farm missions with groups of randoms and had a high chance of classified set items to drop. A massive upgrade to the base game, it's just a shame it took them years to fix it.

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
I liked the first one up until the endgame. Prior to that I actually had fun so will be interesting to see how they handle the endgame from the get go.

They really need to heed Destiny's lesson and expand on the first game, they've fixed with continual patches and content updates, and not wipe it and try to create something different.

why on earth is this on page 7!!

The official trailer has dropped for this today

likley to get a heap more info in the coming days.

Beta is available from 7th - 10th of Feb, if you pre order you are locked in to getting access.

The Alpha testing has been done and all the reports were positive, can't wait for this to come out.

Article link below for some info on the game.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/13/1...ames-store-gameplay-platforms-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Excellent. Hopefully they have learned their lessons from the first game. At launch it was great but end game content was so weak that everyone moved on. However since 1.4 I think it was the game was in a great state but unfortunately the damage was done. As they say, first impressions last!

I’ll be getting it on both PS4 and PC I think. PS4 to play with friends then PC when they lose interest.

heap of stuff out today about the darkzone!

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/01/17/the-division-2-dark-zones-and-pvp-detailed

Main points:

-3 seperate Dark Zones, smaller scaled
-12 players in each DZ instead of 24, but with the smaller sized Zones it will still be hectic and just as much interaction
-Turrets are at each DZ checkpoint and will fire at Rogues and NCP's, so Rogues can't camp at checkpoints and keep picking you off
-Different levels of Rogue now, you can pick / steal loot boxes which puts you at a Grey Rogue
-Specific special Rogue Safehouse can be found if you're a grey rogue. you can buy stuff and it wipes youor rogue status
-Only very rare items will need to be extracted from the DZ. All other items collected will just go straight to your stash and you can use straight away

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back