Mr_Moogle

Brownlow Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
What was the context of this quote? Because the baby boomers kind of f’ed a lot of stuff up for most of the planet.
It was something along the lines of "as you know, I'm from a generation of realists". I can't remember the exact context. I think he was mostly just talking about our form and how it's being perceived internally. It just stuck out to me when I was listening to him. Do boomers really see themselves as generation of realists? That's a scary thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrettJames11

Draftee
Jun 19, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was something along the lines of "as you know, I'm from a generation of realists". I can't remember the exact context. I think he was mostly just talking about our form and how it's being perceived internally. It just stuck out to me when I was listening to him. Do boomers really see themselves as generation of realists? That's a scary thought.
Is Pyke technically a boomer?

Firewalker

-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
I implore anyone to watch this week’s press conference with Pyke and not be anymore confused or disillusioned with his messaging at this club...

He’s starting to lose it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mitchyboy23

Rookie
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah very confusing... So Pyke says he hasn't had conversations with individuals about retiring or playing next year, but then at another time he says it was difficult to have that conversation with Dougie... Which is it Don?
Dougie basically says the club told him they are going in a different direction and he's not required...

MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Love to see us get whoever doesn't get the Freo gig out of Sumich/Longmuir and offer them Campo's job.

Given Pyke will likely get the sack by end of next year they would be in the box seat for a senior gig if they've been impressive.
Collingwood won't let Longmuir go to another club for anything other than the head job.

Slippery Pete

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah very confusing... So Pyke says he hasn't had conversations with individuals about retiring or playing next year, but then at another time he says it was difficult to have that conversation with Dougie... Which is it Don?
Dougie basically says the club told him they are going in a different direction and he's not required...
Players took wonderful things from the camp.

Keath will be back next week.

Tippett was a clerical error.

We lost field position today.

Burton will be an elite football manager.

He was a clear choice. But he is also learning on the job.

We had no choice but to sack Rendell.

Every club loses players.

We are not a boys club.

We were steamrolled by a powerful team.

He has hamstring awareness.

Board tenures of 9-11 years are perfect.

Lynch will miss 1 week.

We use just 5% of our mind’s capacity.

There are no lingering issues.

We are holding this media conference because we have a bye, not because you have questions.

He hasn’t banged the door down for selection yet.

In: Otten, Douglas, Mackay

DJ75

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Players took wonderful things from the camp.

Keath will be back next week.

Tippett was a clerical error.

We lost field position today.

Burton will be an elite football manager.

He was a clear choice. But he is also learning on the job.

We had no choice but to sack Rendell.

Every club loses players.

We are not a boys club.

We were steamrolled by a powerful team.

He has hamstring awareness.

Board tenures of 9-11 years are perfect.

Lynch will miss 1 week.

We use just 5% of our mind’s capacity.

There are no lingering issues.

We are holding this media conference because we have a bye, not because you have questions.

He hasn’t banged the door down for selection yet.

In: Otten, Douglas, Mackay
Pretty much a prefect summary of Chapman's reign. Should be printed on a full page in the Tiser.

King Elvis

Hall of Famer
Day Off
Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bit like our on field performances. Funny that. I reckon Pyke is a s**t communicator. You can see it in his body language and he doesnt like making eye contact. fu** him off for gods sake!!!!
The Press Conference with Douglas was an eye opener for me - very stunted and disjointed.

Top Bottom