The Donny Pyke Farewell Tour

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who would we bring in or hire if we got rid of Pyke though? I can't really think of anyone better at the moment. IMO, and I could be wrong, it's more the assistants and Burton that is the issue.

Can't wait for the two men who got us into this mess, Brett Burton and Mark Ricciuto, to be the ones to pick our next coach.
This is the most concerning thing. We are literally going nowhere. We can sack as many coaches as we want while the same pelicans that got us into this mess are the ones tasked with getting us out.

Roo to Burton:
Ku_bFkdE-Q-t4wLkg7La2Mg-qtA=.gif

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's got to be the most stupid comment I've read here (and that's include many posts from Sanders), do you only hangout with anti-Crows supporters? We are a long way from having a Carlton-ist era or even Primus-ist era, a very long way.
Like I've previously said, we've been as successful as West Coast on and off the field since both of us entered the AFL but they took their chance when they had the chance to win the premiership and we didn't.....and pity our state didn't get adventurist and built a new multi-purpose stadium to rival the MCG but instead revamp an old AO stadium at the cost of $550M.
Your comment makes no sense in regards to west coast. You state "we've been as successful as West Coast on and off the field". We either have or we haven't. Trust me 4 flags to 2 is poles apart. You lost the argument with that idiotic comment. Ridiculous in fact. Love supporters like you that defend the indefensible. Are you sure you don't work for the club? If you don't, you should apply.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Football tax doubles it. He's on $750,000 for two more years, tax takes it to $3 million.
Great move by Chapman. Correct me if i am wrong but Chapman signs Pyke up in Jan 2018 after a disastrous camp with 1 year left on a contract. Why wouldnt the club have waited until the end of 2018? Surely Pyke was not going to be poached by another club. In hindsight this is one more reason in a long list why Chapman is a cancer at our club. If Pyke was putting pressure on the club he should have been told that it will be reassessed towards the end of 2018 based on performance.

Last edited:

Minor Threat

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pyke’s departing presser:
“I had some good patches, all in all I just didn’t have the continuity to get it done. I’ll go back, have a look at it, have some discussions and work on the areas I need to improve on. I’m proud of the effort, I just didn’t sustain it long enough when my career on was on the edge. I back the program, I’ll do my recovery, review and get ready for my next job.”

...or something

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great move by Chapman. Correct me if i am wrong but Chapman signs Pyke up in Jan 2018 after a disastrous camp with 1 year left on a contract. Why wouldnt the club have waited until the end of 2018? Surely Pyke was not going to be poached by another club. In hindsight this is one more reason in a long list why Chapman is a cancer at our club. If Pyke was putting pressure on the club he should have been told that it will be reassessed towards the end of 2018 based on performance.

Pyke was extended to keep him mouth shut about the camp. It's the Trigg situation all over again, untouchable because of the dirt he has on incompetent management.

Mark my words, we'll give him another extension after this one regardless of performance. He has that job as long as he wants it.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
two different threads on the rumour board and and an article from Caro suggesting Pyke gone and Teague to come back to Adelaide as coach??

The boys club continues if so, but I doubt it. As I said I suspect he is now untouchable.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's got to be the most stupid comment I've read here (and that's include many posts from Sanders), do you only hangout with anti-Crows supporters? We are a long way from having a Carlton-ist era or even Primus-ist era, a very long way.
Like I've previously said, we've been as successful as West Coast on and off the field since both of us entered the AFL but they took their chance when they had the chance to win the premiership and we didn't.....and pity our state didn't get adventurist and built a new multi-purpose stadium to rival the MCG but instead revamp an old AO stadium at the cost of $550M.
Are you still peddling this nonsense?

It truly to has to be the most bizarre opinion on this board and we’ve had some doozies so that’s saying something.

Sure we are as successful if you count less premierships, less members and a weaker financial position as being as successful.

* me drunk, stop being idiotic.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He would be mad to coach the Crows after Pyke - it would be a career killer. Whoever coaches the Crows next will not survive until the end of the 6 to 7 year rebuild.
It'll be 2 or 3 years tops..... if we do it right.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
What make you think we will buck the trend?

1997, 2005, 2012, 2017
There's more options now with pick trading, free agency and live draft night trading.

We showed signs last draft night that we were willing to take a calculated risk to move up. It'll land us pick 3 or 4 which isn't bad at all.

If we get a coaching group in who are prepared to back in what Reid and Hamish are doing at the back end then we will be alright. We've got talented kids stuck in the 2s, ****ing play them.

Back