The Donny Pyke Farewell Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
There are people roaming around that organization who have survived the sackings of both Neil Craig and Brenton Sanderson.

Are you esteemed people of Big Footy really going to let them off the hook again by calling for Pyke’s head?

Really. Think about it.
Agree. They have to go first

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
There are people roaming around that organization who have survived the sackings of both Neil Craig and Brenton Sanderson.

Are you esteemed people of Big Footy really going to let them off the hook again by calling for Pyke’s head?

Really. Think about it.
I want them all gone. But remember one thing. They hired Pyke. Chapman, Fagan and Riccuito. I would confidentially talk to the players about all aspects of the club. Fitness, coaching, list management, strategy. I have said on many occasions that Pyke is not right for this club. He may be right for another club but not ours. We need another Blight, Clarko, Walsh imo. A strong willed coach with some personality and street smarts. Someone who instinctively knows the game and can make match day moves without thinking about it. They are out there.

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, he has final say. Im not saying he isn't responsible.

But, he also takes advice from the assistants.
This part of his role would be a massive workload, he has to trust them.

Im saying give him some talent to work with.
We did make a GF.

Backing these clowns in does need to stop.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, he has final say. Im not saying he isn't responsible.

But, he also takes advice from the assistants.
This part of his role would be a massive workload, he has to trust them.

Im saying give him some talent to work with.
We did make a GF.

Backing these clowns in does need to stop.

How long does he keep trusting them when they keep making obviously bad choices?

If I made bad recommendations to my boss week in week out, don't think he'd be listening to me before too long.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sacking the head coach after missing finals two seasons in a row hasnt worked since Blight, unless we got Clarkson why will it work this time? Keep Pyke and Mattner and get rid of the rest.
Normally I would agree with you but I don't believe he is capable of developing young talent given his horrendous decisions at the selection table this year. I also don't think he has the strength of character to not be more than just another lap dog for the boys club. He has to pay the ultimate price for some of the horrendous decisions made over the last few years.

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
How long does he keep trusting them when they keep making obviously bad choices?

If I made bad recommendations to my boss week in week out, don't think he'd be listening to me before too long.
Okay, just for devils advocate sake.
What if say Chayce Jones isn't meeting a structure at training, could that impact his call up?

I want Mackay, Douglas, Atkins, Otten, Sauce to never play for us again.
What are they seeing we aren't?

rightly or wrongly i'm blaming the assistants.

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
How big a 'workload' is it though, to realise Jacobs, Otten, Douglas and Mackay should not be in the team?
Don't know.
None of us have coached AFL im guessing.

There needs to be more trust in developing and having them fail at the highest level to learn faster.

I would rather that then backing in, knowing what you will get and expecting more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Okay, just for devils advocate sake.
What if say Chayce Jones isn't meeting a structure at training, could that impact his call up?

I want Mackay, Douglas, Atkins, Otten, Sauce to never play for us again.
What are they seeing we aren't?

rightly or wrongly i'm blaming the assistants.

I think the assistants are a huge part of the issue, on that we 100% agree.

But I think if Pyke was the strong, intelligent leader you need to have any chance at a premiership he'd have told them to piss off and picked the players he actually needed out there.

So for me Pyke either agrees with the assistants or is too weak to stand up to them, either is a fatal weakness.

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the assistants are a huge part of the issue, on that we 100% agree.

But I think if Pyke was the strong, intelligent leader you need to have any chance at a premiership he'd have told them to p**s off and picked the players he actually needed out there.

So for me Pyke either agrees with the assistants or is too weak to stand up to them, either is a fatal weakness.
Yeah, there is a number of ways to look at it.

Yes, coach is 100% accountable.

Dumping Pyke won't fix the issue, well not straight away.

We need a clean out and I reckon he can coach.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you still peddling this nonsense?

It truly to has to be the most bizarre opinion on this board and we’ve had some doozies so that’s saying something.

Sure we are as successful if you count less premierships, less members and a weaker financial position as being as successful.

fu** me drunk, stop being idiotic.
I've told you already numerous time, in terms of premiership they've took their chance and we didn't (only if we had pinch one when we had the chance like they did and we actually haven't bottom out compared to them). Their state decided to be for-front and built a 60-65K new stadium which boosted their membership numbers and our state decided to revamp ours to 50-55K, if you look at the financials we actually get more than revenue from membership than them....explain that? And they somehow have listed their assets at $40M compared to $6M......I still don't know why.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your comment makes no sense in regards to west coast. You state "we've been as successful as West Coast on and off the field". We either have or we haven't. Trust me 4 flags to 2 is poles apart. You lost the argument with that idiotic comment. Ridiculous in fact. Love supporters like you that defend the indefensible. Are you sure you don't work for the club? If you don't, you should apply.
Like I said, they took their chance and we didn't and we should have pinched one of them. But despite that, we are and always have been viewed as one of the most successfully club in the AFL so your initial comment saying "we are now the laughing stock of the AFL" made no sense at all and is the most stupid comment I've read here.....by a country mile.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've told you already numerous time, in terms of premiership they've took their chance and we didn't (only if we had pinch one when we had the chance like they did and we actually haven't bottom out compared to them). Their state decided to be for-front and built a 60-65K new stadium which boosted their membership numbers and our state decided to revamp ours to 50-55K, if you look at the financials we actually get more than revenue from membership than them....explain that? And they somehow have listed their assets at $40M compared to $6M......I still don't know why.
You can explain it all you want, it’s still stupid.

You can not say we are as successful but they just took their chances. I’ll dumb it down for you, the fact they took their chances and have won more flags means they are more successful. There is no denying it, it’s not even open for debate.

They have 90k, up from 80k. We have 64k. A new stadium holding 10k more doesn’t equate to 26k more members.

How do we compare for profitability?

You’ve already acknowledged their assets are nearly 7 times ours.

Question for you, have you had one person agree with you? Either on Big Footy or outside of it?

Like I said, they took their chance and we didn't and we should have pinched one of them. But despite that, we are and always have been viewed as one of the most successfully club in the AFL so your initial comment saying "we are now the laughing stock of the AFL" made no sense at all and is the most stupid comment I've read here.....by a country mile.

We haven't been viewed as successful since the mid 2000's. We're just a middle of the road club that is hard to beat at home and occasionally goes deep into finals.

No one envies us, except maybe Port fans.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
wait, don't AFL teams use Virgin??

The players and coaching staff do.

I’m pretty sure the admin staff are not obliged to fly Virgin as those flights are paid by the club not AFL.

Seriously, do you honestly expect the likes of Chapman to actually fly with the team? Not a chance.

An interesting observation upon arrival Adelaide, I would have expected Chapman to wait for Fagan and then both depart terminal together. Not so.

PS: I didn’t realise Chapman was short, I’m 1.74m and I’m even taller than Chapman.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
You can explain it all you want, it’s still stupid.

You can not say we are as successful but they just took their chances. I’ll dumb it down for you, the fact they took their chances and have won more flags means they are more successful. There is no denying it, it’s not even open for debate.

They have 90k, up from 80k. We have 64k. A new stadium holding 10k more doesn’t equate to 26k more members.

How do we compare for profitability?

You’ve already acknowledged their assets are nearly 7 times ours.

Question for you, have you had one person agree with you? Either on Big Footy or outside of it?
Membership revenue are the life blood of any club and the Crow's membership revenue is much higher which means West Coast have a high number of those 1-3 games memberships due to a "shiny" new stadium boosting their numbers. And yes they have, and that include from the Victorian media that we are one of the most successful club in the AFL. I've never heard we are one of the laughing stock of the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back