The Donny Pyke Farewell Tour

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We’ve plugged the dam now by announcing the review.

Can’t do anything until the review findings. Must respect the process.

That will stonewall everything from now for 3-4 weeks. By then things should have died down a bit.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
We’ve plugged the dam now by announcing the review.

Can’t do anything until the review findings. Must respect the process.

That will stonewall everything from now for 3-4 weeks. By then things should have died down a bit.
I can already tell this review will be completely meaningless anyway. Everybody at the club is in 'save your own ass' mode. They only care about keeping their jobs. They don't give a s**t about the long term well being of the footy club.

May 31, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
hinkley will be coaching the power next year and i see no reason pyke will not be coach at adelaide. The wheels fell off this year but under pyke have been ok. The ankst towards him is comparable to that at power, pathetic.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seeing mixed opinions from the supporters some want a full review and long term success for others if Pyke does continue and doesn't make the 8 in 2020 he's gone?

If that's his pass then move him on now because if we want to set up an era of success an immediate top 8 finish won't be likely, pushing for that will probably see us again sacrifice our long term development for a short term, unrealistic shot at a premiership.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
summarising - Ralph says the crows are fully prepared to cut Pyke if the reviews show he needs to go. They have plenty pf money to pay him out
Based on nothing but speculation I'd bet. You wouldn't need to be Einstein to read the tea leaves and the noise from the club to work that out.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Based on nothing but speculation I'd bet. You wouldn't need to be Einstein to read the tea leaves and the noise from the club to work that out.
A question for you as you have a very good knowledge of the top end of this years draft crop. If GC get a PP (I thought there was no chance they would with the damage it will do to their live pick trading concept), but alas, it seems like they probably will. Does us dropping from pick 3 to pick 4 make a big difference to us on who the club would likely target or is it really the case that after Rowell and Anderson, the next 3-4 kids are all very similar in ability? I also have a feeling that we might not have pick 3 (or 4) come draft night as it will be traded. Just interested in your perspective on how much impact a pick 1 PP will have on us in reality

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
A question for you as you have a very good knowledge of the top end of this years draft crop. If GC get a PP (I thought there was no chance they would with the damage it will do to their live pick trading concept), but alas, it seems like they probably will. Does us dropping from pick 3 to pick 4 make a big difference to us on who the club would likely target or is it really the case that after Rowell and Anderson, the next 3-4 kids are all very similar in ability? I also have a feeling that we might not have pick 3 (or 4) come draft night as it will be traded. Just interested in your perspective on how much impact a pick 1 PP will have on us in reality
Just posted my thoughts on the draft thread.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Roo has been too critical of the game plan and coaching for Pyke to survive

‘Game plan’, sounds like the head of strategy’s responsibility. Do we have one of those. Seriously, if it was a genuine role, then Roo’s basically inferring that Campo must go.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't even look at his face at the moment without wanting to throw something through my computer screen.

I haven’t listened to a word for well over 12 months. But, I do enjoy looking at his blank look while we’re getting torched. Watching your team lose is not good, but seeing the coach’s, ‘I don’t understand how this could possibly be happening when we’ve trained our way all preseason’ is somewhat comforting. What they fail to comprehend is that witches hats don’t move at all and the guys with the orange vests very rarely move the way your opponents will when the game is on for premiership points.

In short, FFS Don, having an understanding and devising a method to beat specific opponents is a neccesity. You can only get so far in a season before even the newest game plan is counteracted and the opponents only get better as October nears. You can get through a couple given certain advantages, but there’s precious few advantages afforded an interstate team on GF day.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I had given up on Pyke being cut but have seen a glimmer of hope in the last 24 hours listening to some of the interviews.

Unlikely now but there is a small window mid review where their would be time to still replace him but also the club could claim it was obvious from the early stage of the review that he had to go.

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I had given up on Pyke being cut but have seen a glimmer of hope in the last 24 hours listening to some of the interviews.

Unlikely now but there is a small window mid review where their would be time to still replace him but also the club could claim it was obvious from the early stage of the review that he had to go.
As long as Burton and Campo also go.

Sadly, the rhetoric from Roo over the past month has clearly been setting Pyke up to be the scapegoat. Pyke may not be the answer, but he sure as hell isn't the major problem.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Roo has been too critical of the game plan and coaching for Pyke to survive
Gameplan. There is no gameplan other than kick it sideways by a backline who can't kick. Turn it over. Get scored against. Then it returns to a midfield who all setup on the attacking side, all get sucked in to a contest and then get smashed on the spread. When we do get it forward our key forwards are Betts and Murphy who we generally bomb it on their head.
Review. You don't need a bloody review to know that Pyke and Campo are ******* useless coaches. Worst combo ever to grace an afl team. Out both along with Birdbrain. Whilst we're at it the only thing we are succeeding in is the worst category. Worst CEO in the league. Worst fitness director in the league. Worst Football Operations manager in the league. Worst head coach in the league. Worst Assistants in the league. Worst Chairman in the league. We are all-stars in the worst category. Chapman, Roo, Fagan, Hass also need to go along with Pyke, Campo, Hart and Burton. If your gonna clean out the club at least do something for once in an "elite" manner.

Last edited:

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
As long as Burton and Campo also go.

Sadly, the rhetoric from Roo over the past month has clearly been setting Pyke up to be the scapegoat. Pyke may not be the answer, but he sure as hell isn't the major problem.

I think Campo is gone, I am fairly certain of that.

As I said in another thread I think we will keep Burton but move him sideways. We will bassically make up a role for him not dissimilar to what we did with Phil Harper and Nigel Smart.

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I think Campo is gone, I am fairly certain of that.

As I said in another thread I think we will keep Burton but move him sideways. We will bassically make up a role for him not dissimilar to what we did with Phil Harper and Nigel Smart.
How many oranges do we need to cut? Could the club ever just terminate someone?!

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Blight Goes Bang. Legend. Summarises our miserable last 10 years beautifully.
Great comments by Blight. Mind you, prior to the start of this year, there were alot of supporters on here who would argue we have been one of the ţop clubs in the last 20 years.

Back