Opinion The Dons 8 Chances Broken Down

What will happen in the final games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I just did the ladder predictor:

Essendon will beat North, Carlton and Richmond. The momentum will build and injuries will cease to occur. Collingwood are begining to splutter and we'll run over the top of them.

Essendon will then play West Coast at MCG for elimination final. Easy kill.

Then we'll have Adelaide, over there, after Hawthorn knock them off in week one. After yesterday's game and with the players we'll have back I'm confident about that game.

Then we'll have Sydney in Sydney and we've traditionally fared well up there. Win!

Grandfinal!! Geelong will beat Hawthorn in other prelim but that crazy bash and crash game that will have got them over the line against Hawthorn, and Collingwood the week prior, wont be able to be sustained for a third week and Essendon will run away from them in the last half delivering Hird, Thompson and the Weapon a flag 2 years earlier than planned.

Get around me.
dremin'

I just did the ladder predictor:

Essendon will beat North, Carlton and Richmond. The momentum will build and injuries will cease to occur. Collingwood are begining to splutter and we'll run over the top of them.

Essendon will then play West Coast at MCG for elimination final. Easy kill.

Then we'll have Adelaide, over there, after Hawthorn knock them off in week one. After yesterday's game and with the players we'll have back I'm confident about that game.

Then we'll have Sydney in Sydney and we've traditionally fared well up there. Win!

Grandfinal!! Geelong will beat Hawthorn in other prelim but that crazy bash and crash game that will have got them over the line against Hawthorn, and Collingwood the week prior, wont be able to be sustained for a third week and Essendon will run away from them in the last half delivering Hird, Thompson and the Weapon a flag 2 years earlier than planned.

Get around me.
We hope your right.

I just can't see us bringing that kind of intensity this week, would love to be proved wrong.

You need to try my new glasses

PINK-Rose-Colored-Glasses.jpg

Not really a prediction but we are in a position where if we are good enough we will make it. I like finals runs like these as if you win each week then you are really a contender to win a final.
We have 4 games that should be good contests, 2 against finals contenders and 2 against sides that will be happy to stick it to us.

I think it is too hard to call, so many possibilities. I wouldn't write off the Eagles, lost 7% against Freo and play Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood to come and play Port in their first home game since the Primus sacking so those easy 4 points could get a lot harder.

I think for both our sakes we need Adelaide to sink Freo this week.

I think it is too hard to call, so many possibilities. I wouldn't write off the Eagles, lost 7% against Freo and play Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood to come and play Port in their first home game since the Primus sacking so those easy 4 points could get a lot harder.

I think for both our sakes we need Adelaide to sink Freo this week.

Yeah, West Coast's finish to the year suddenly looks pretty nasty. They could easily win only one of their last four.

If Freo beat Adelaide next week, then our game is huge. Could be virtually lights out for the loser.

Yeah, West Coast's finish to the year suddenly looks pretty nasty. They could easily win only one of their last four.

If Freo beat Adelaide next week, then our game is huge. Could be virtually lights out for the loser.

Even then it is too hard to call. They play Richmond at home the week after and Richmond isn't putting the cue in the rack, they have the kind of midfield that can give thereabouts teams problems, like they did us. We then play them the week after and have pulled their pants down twice the last two years at Docklands. They aren't the greatest team on the road.

I think it will be a bit harder if you guys drop this weeks game because you don't a spanker in the last month. Freo get demons in the last round and we have gws. Carlton and Richmond are very winnable and it is hard to say about Collingwood, the variance in their footy between when they are on and not is far more severe than it was last couple of years.

We could have the comic scenario where we have Eagles, Geelong, North, Essendon, Fremantle and St Kilda on 13 wins and percentage deciding all positions between 5th to 8th. That would be hilarious.

Adelaide has a particularly soft draw into finals. Good for making finals but I think they'll be the worse for it. They'll get stitched up first week of finals as a consequence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completed the Baileys Ladder Predictor and I had us finishing 8th, one game clear of Norf (Norf will have higher %)...assuming we beat Norf, Carltank and Richmond.

Sydney
Adelaide
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Geelong
West Coast
Fremantle
Essendon
----------------------
North

If North beat us this week we are out, this week is huge!!!!! There are a few Norf supporter around that say their form is sliding and haven't been at their best the last couple of weeks...they have 3 huge games coming up and they are all losable (Dons, Freo, Pies).

There are some incredible games in the last 4 weeks that will determine not only top 4 but top 8!

Bring on Sunday!

Completed the Baileys Ladder Predictor and I had us finishing 8th, one game clear of Norf (Norf will have higher %)...assuming we beat Norf, Carltank and Richmond.

Sydney
Adelaide
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Geelong
West Coast
Fremantle
Essendon
----------------------
North

If North beat us this week we are out, this week is huge!!!!! There are a few Norf supporter around that say their form is sliding and haven't been at their best the last couple of weeks...they have 3 huge games coming up and they are all losable (Dons, Freo, Pies).

There are some incredible games in the last 4 weeks that will determine not only top 4 but top 8!

Bring on Sunday!

If we beat Nth this week with an out of form & injured side, it would be a big psychological blow to them & it wouldn't surprise me if they're only win is the GWS game, two wins for us could still get it done.

Back