The door just opened for T Duryea

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agreed on the class factor. Proved himself at VFL level last year, so hopefully he can keep stepping it up

So we've given up hope on sucklings injury already? Definate acl?
Even if it's a lesser injury, I reckon that's the first 6 weeks at least without him...

We still have Lake, Schoe, Gibson, Guerra, Birch, Stratton, Burgoyne, so I wouldn't say that there's definitely a spot open for a defender just yet assuming the worst with Suckers

However from what I've seen of the kid he should get a chance to prove himself sometime throughout the year

I think he has the attributes to succeed at the AFL level, I would say more so than Cheney who I like as a player.

Apart from his kicking skill, I like Duryea's athleticism, and hopefully it will hold him in good stead for spoiling nd the one-on-ones.

Incidently, was he playnig on Jake King when he cut loose and kicked a couple?

Hill & Simpkin are ready and Simpkin MUST play round 1 vs Geelong. Hard body which the Cats have more of & will be chomping at the bit to prove his old mob wrong given they delisted him. Dureya is a good chance to play also has he was close last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't see Cheney getting games this year. Too one dimensional. No upside I'm sorry.

If playing the normal game of sucklings, surely you can't look past the spang
For whatever reason, Spangler isn't being rated purely on his defensive abilities, but suckling isn't much better in a physical contest

If we're looking for a player to replace Suckling as a designated kicker then this Hodge kid could be alright at it when he is fit. We probably don't need Hodge through the middle if we're trying to inject some speed.

It has improved his chance but let's face it back line
Guerra Lake Stratton schoenmaker Gibson birchall are probably your 1st back 6 picked,
then you have hodge, Burgoyne, Cheney, Spangher, puopolo even simpkin plays forward & back. Certainly ahead
of Litherland & Langford at this stage.
Personally don't think hodge will play rd 1, prefer Burgoyne middle & forward, mind you a real attribute regardless of where he plays, obviously Duryea & Spangher play very different roles. To say the very least selection is going to be very interesting! Depth has been questioned but the upside from the nab cup is that we have shown we do have it & they will be even better when they come into the seniors as it will be in a more stable side.

It has improved his chance but let's face it back line
Guerra Lake Stratton schoenmaker Gibson birchall are probably your 1st back 6 picked

IMO we would be courting disaster if we play all 4 of Lake, Gibbo, Schoey and Stratton in the same side. I feel Stratton might be the unlucky one.

Dureya is ready and he must take his opportunity when presented.

Thought Cheney was a good pick up when we got him, thought he could be a solid 22 contributor we got on the cheap. Unfortunately it has not really worked out and I think he will be just a depth player.

Rather see Duryea get a chance at senior level, some players grow into the role and he deserves a chance this year.

Thought Cheney was a good pick up when we got him, thought he could be a solid 22 contributor we got on the cheap. Unfortunately it has not really worked out and I think he will be just a depth player.

Rather see Duryea get a chance at senior level, some players grow into the role and he deserves a chance this year.

Agree that Cheney's scope for further development is relatively limited and we are better off giving Duryea a run to see what he can produce in the seniors.

Jed Anderson really impressed me yesterday. Good skills and a penetrating kick i thought. (No Suckling on that front but to be fair no-one in the league can match Suckling for his foot skills) I don't see Anderson as a like for like replacement but I just get the feeling that with Suckling going down (and I'm shattered about that personally, when he does those kicks only he can it always brings a smile) Anderson may get more games this year than I anticipated. Am I getting carried away from a couple of NAB cup games? Probably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back