Welcome The Dotti Memorial BigFooty Saints Dog Lovers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

One of our family reserved seats is still in the name of my mother’s beloved Maltese Shih Tzu.

He’s been gone for nearly 10 years.

One of our family reserved seats is still in the name of my mother’s beloved Maltese Shih Tzu.

He’s been gone for nearly 10 years.
The club actually thinks my first name is Scooter. I love it when they call me.

Had a Newfie-cross as a kid. 6’3 and 100kg, dumb as a brick, sweetest boi on Earth; the tiny cat used to boss him around because he thought he was the same size as her.

Could clear the house when he dropped his guts.

I still miss the gigantic moron 20 years later.
This current Berner is as dumb as a box of hammers, has a learning disability and couldn't be trained on the lead, pulls my arms out of their sockets every time we go for a walk. Good thing they last only 15-20 minutes as he gets exhausted.
Like your Newfoundland he was bossed by the little dog at the back, followed her about the back yard and learnt how to be a dog from her.
These are the two who were put down within 5 months of each other Screenshot_20220102-190517_Photos.jpg

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
This current Berner is as dumb as a box of hammers, has a learning disability and couldn't be trained on the lead, pulls my arms out of their sockets every time we go for a walk. Food thing they last only 15-20 minutes as he gets exhausted.
Like your Newfoundland he was bossed by the little dog at the back, followed her about the back yard and learnt how to be a dog from her.
These are the two who were put down within 5 months of each other View attachment 1598462

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just on that, we had 2 Dachshunds that were a year apart. Our lady was put down 2 months before her 20th birthday. Her best mate gave up and passed away 10 days later at 18 & 1/2 years old. Heartbreaking. :sadv1:

Here were my two. Gone 3 or 4 years ago within a year of each other both aged 18. Basenjis - Milo (top) and Fifi. (my daughter named them)

Mad and untrainable but very loving and protective of our kids. Loved to play and run. Escapologists if they were bored. Good climbers and jumpers.

They were about to have sex in this pic. I had just got Milo that day. I think I had him home for an hour before he did the deed.

P1030513.jpeg

Last edited:
Went to the pub for a few cold lemonades last night. When I got home flopped back on the couch due to the effects of the lemonade and Scooter 🛴 jumped up and sat on my lap. The little prick left a massive skid mark on my good bone 🦴 coloured shorts. 😝

IN THE INTERESTS OF INCLUSIVENESS AND DIVERSITY

I have always loved dogs and indeed all animals.

First dog was a greyhound back in the late 60s who wasn’t fast enough to race (way before Greyhound adoption programs)

Next two were also retired greyhounds that I raced in the 90s.

Since then circumstances have changed and having a dog hasn’t really been an option. However we got a cat in 2000 and another in 2001. Old age saw them leave us in 2019 and 2020. In late 2020 we decided to give an older (12 year old) rescue cat a forever home and it’s the best thing we’ve ever done. George has just been wonderful for us and we hope he’s around for many years to come (3 x pet member this year )

CEpPU1X.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely a Saints therapy dog thread is more appropriate than getting lost in the thread of randomness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy to create a standalone dog thread, I moved 87 posts so will be a pain in the arse.

I've not had a dog since 2005 when we had to put down our miniature fox terrier.

I have looked after my best mates dogs though. One is a mix of Pomeranian and something else and the other is a mix of a chihuahua and something else.
Two dogs with very different personalities. One has a wise head. The other is a hyper dog.

Haven't had a dog since 2008 when my Rottie (Zeus) passed away after 13 years. We got him when I was 5 and so spent my childhood with him. Very protective of me, when my parents would discipline me he used to stand infront of them and growl. Very loving dog that I am glad was part of my life. We had a big backyard in our old place and he would sit under the fig tree in summer chewing on bones my old man would pick up from the butcher. Used to chew the s**t out of everything else before that. Ripped up my trampoline when I was a kid, tore through incredible amounts of brooms and plastic pots aswell. We had to have him put down in 2008 and we took him back home from the vet to bury him under the fig tree.

j30IhGr.jpg

Hard to see myself getting another dog but have felt like I have wanted another for a little while now. We'll see.

Here were my two dogs. Mother and son. Son died first….cancer. Mother a few years later of old age. Both losses upset me that much that I won’t have dogs again. So I understand completely how their loss affects people. Still hurts me now to think about it.

1ADF1D68-F4F3-463F-9F77-9958C6F84123.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back