Votes: 62 51.7%
  • Neither, spend money on our own list

Votes: 16 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just say.
Its about a 40% chance that we get both Dusty and Josh.

If we do get both, James Hird is goinna have to give me some advice cause Im gonna have a permanent erection until round 1.

So, a few days out from Rd 23 and this thread is still 'viable'. Cool.

:D I remember learned scribes writing around April like it was yesterday that every day that went by without a signature it was more and more likely they were ours.

Still waiting...:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

By the way, has anyone else heard a rumour about North Melbourne replacing Carlton in the opening game of the 2018 season? Wonder why they would make that change...

We are the front runners for both guys by a long way. When players don't re-sign by this time they always leave.

Bugger 40%.

It's happening.

619-counting-chickens-COLOR-w-e1412015014146.jpg

40%

Can i please have the confidence interval of that?
Kelly 50/50
Dusty 30/70

However Phillyroo would have you believe it's more 50/50 and 100/100

(My math may or may not be completely wrong here)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an unequivocally optimistic viewpoint

Josh is doing exactly what he should be.
His young team is gearing up for a tilt at the Premiership, and with trade rumours hanging off him like a Royal Blue and White albatross, is doing everything he can to diminish the ripple effect this underlying doubt can have on his squad. He's leading their midfield, and chucking up 40 disposal games while he's at it.

Maybe we've had him at a handshake agreement for months already, and the rumours just leaked as all information does.
Maybe his decision is still up in the air.

I'll tell you what..
Josh leaving the STACKED list that is currently GWS and joining NMFC, essentially putting the club on his shoulders for the next decade, would've been a somewhat daunting proposition I'm sure.

But now it's looking very likely that we've secured another Brownlow-talent midfielder in Dusty (Josh's handshake could've had any manner of influence on this too for all we know).
Suddenly, the entire dynamic of our club - AND THIS DECISION - has changed.
Now it's not just about his old man's team, the grass roots of his love for football, the colours he's always dreamed of wearing, and the $10million on offer.
North are suddenly ******* dangerous again.

The NMFC list is always underrated, either by the media or the general AFL fan. I guarantee you, our next Premiership will be regarded as the "Least talented Premiership side EVER".
Every time we win a match it's a giant friggin shock to somebody.

Players know better.

A Kelly, Cunnington, Martin, Ziebell, Dumont, Ahern (Swallow to cover injuries) with cameos from McDonald and Mountford, is absolute caviar.
Brown is a build-your-entire-team-around forward talent, and he's young, and LOYAL.
Tarrant and his Defenders - Nielsen, Williams, Thompson, EVW, JMac, Wright - whenever our midfield has been anything other than an absolute disgrace, have DISMANTLED the opposition.
Waite, Simpkin, Wood, Turner, McKay, Durdin, Zurhaar - I'm forgetting all sorts of blokes here but you add Dustin Martin and Josh Kelly to our list, and we will beat just about anyone into submission.

Bringing the fire back to the NMFC supporter base, playing under the roof, blockbusting Good Friday, reclaiming Friday Nights, backs against the wall - us against them - middle fingers to the League, we're not going ANYWHERE... you couldn't script it any better for the introverted badass Dusty, or the poster boy prodigal son/club saviour JKelly.

I believe.

His young team is gearing up for a tilt at the Premiership, and with trade rumours hanging off him like a Royal Blue and White albatross, is doing everything he can to diminish the ripple effect this underlying doubt can have on his squad. He's leading their midfield, and chucking up 40 disposal games while he's at it.

Maybe we've had him at a handshake agreement for months already, and the rumours just leaked as all information does.

I'll tell you what..
Josh leaving the STACKED list that is currently GWS and joining NMFC, essentially putting the club on his shoulders for the next decade, would've been a somewhat daunting proposition I'm sure.

But now it's looking very likely that we've secured another Brownlow-talent midfielder in Dusty (Josh's handshake could've had any manner of influence on this too for all we know).
Now it's not just about his old man's team, the grass roots of his love for football, the colours he's always dreamed of wearing, and the $10million on offer.

The NMFC list is always underrated, either by the media or the general AFL fan. I guarantee you, our next Premiership will be regarded as the "Least talented Premiership side EVER".

Players know better.

A Kelly, Cunnington, Martin, Ziebell, Dumont, Ahern (Swallow to cover injuries) with cameos from McDonald and Mountford, is absolute caviar.
Brown is a build-your-entire-team-around forward talent, and he's young, and LOYAL.
Tarrant and his Defenders - Nielsen, Williams, Thompson, EVW, JMac, Wright - whenever our midfield has been anything other than an absolute disgrace, have DISMANTLED the opposition.
Waite, Simpkin, Wood, Turner, McKay, Durdin, Zurhaar - I'm forgetting all sorts of blokes here but you add Dustin Martin and Josh Kelly to our list, and we will beat just about anyone into submission.

Bringing the fire back to the NMFC supporter base, playing under the roof, blockbusting Good Friday, reclaiming Friday Nights, backs against the wall - us against them - middle fingers to the League, we're not going ANYWHERE... you couldn't script it any better for the introverted badass Dusty, or the poster boy prodigal son/club saviour JKelly.

I believe.

s-7fb2c46e89e1fccfd6c7f7434b7e6768150e1b5c.gif

I'll tell you what..

Players know better.

I believe.
Dare I say it ,

Josh Kelly - the prince who was promised

So was in the car picking my dad to drive him home from darts.

Said to me "you can have Dusty, we'll have Kelly" and I said "umm no, we'll have both"

So went into a you won't get both argument.....anyway I said he's not going to the Saints, he's a North boy through and through and at least he will be at North next year if not at GWS.

These arguments could escalate further. Hurry up and tell us already Josh.

v1.bTsxMTE3NjE2ODtqOzE3NDk5OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

I don't think so. There are a couple of star players' whose old men's influence may be important this year...

inb4 the double deal happens and to thank us the AFL gives us the second hardest draw, 90% Sundays and no good friday.

Well the AFL has gone and shafted themselves on that by "evening" the draw with maximum numbers from each part of the ladder. It would take an extreme effort of foresight to do this and actually get it right.

Is it strange that saints are putting off extending contracts until the trade period?

Are they actually in the hunt for Kelly?

I would say a lot of clubs would be looking to swoop on whatever is knocked loose. These kinds of large deals will trigger all sorts of movement and might push other players through the system that would otherwise be safely contracted with their own clubs. Just look at the talk about some of our veterans. If GWS somehow manage to offload a couple of contracted players to find more money for Kelly for example other teams may want to be in a position to pounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back