The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why in the off season they don't devote a day to each club (random selection of that clubs best wins/biggest matches)- add in Fitzroy and South Melbourne too if enough footage exists and there's almost three weeks of content.
Why just only add in Fitzroy and South Melbourne, what if I wanna watch the old classic games in the past of possibly the greatest ever team ever formed in the history of the VFL/AFL, University :love:

Don't forget AFL X.
1660793175161.jpeg

Klem

Team Captain
Dec 4, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
360+ with Kath, Riewoldt and guest is soooo much better than Whately and Robbo. I also rate First Crack, and their commentary shits all over Channel 7. Yes, On The Couch has gotten stale and Best on Ground and Bounce are not required, but it's still good coverage overall.
Only shows worth watching are on the couch and bounce. And 360 plus. Game day stuff is good but 360 is just pathetic first crack is like hey hey it’s Saturday. Good background noise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm gonna throw in another thing that is probably going to annoy you all now, so I apologise in advance.

The amount of times they put the headshot up of a commentator is taking the piss.

Yesterday I marked it down for the Bulldogs v Freo game that with 19:10 left in the first quarter, the mugs of Russell, Dunstall, Lyon and Mooney were shown. Fair enough, first time for the game, makes sense.

At 18:49 left in the first quarter, a singular mug shot of Garry Lyon - complete with subtitle telling us he was in the Team of the Century for Melbourne was shown.

At 17:18, Dunstall got his one.

The producers clearly think that the commentators are the talent, and why people watch, not for the actual action on field. It is straight out of the Brad McNamara school of thinking.

It annoys us having to put them up too, don’t worry.

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Tonight is the perfect night for AFL360 to just focus on discussions without interviews. I'll admit Clarkson might be an interesting interview this week but hopefully he is on tomorrow or Wednesday. Pointless having him tonight given the amount of on field topics following the weekend.

Vivy

Premium Platinum
Jul 31, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
How did we get half of On the Couch dedicated to a teams coach who doesn't play another game...?

We have to hear about all the terrible teams all year. From here on it should be finals related only basically.

Review yesterday's game and Friday night's game and that's it. Then onto the 4 finals.

360 is no better. Most of the show was taken up with more ad nauseum Essendon crap and coach interviews. I can't imagine being a supporter of clubs other than Geelong& Collingwood and giving even the slightest care to the same old drivel coaches blurt out for every interview.

There's a reason they get 2 standalone press conferences a week. It's so the fans and media get to hear what they have to say. There's no need to hear the same crap regurgitated again on Fox footy midweek.

/Rant

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Am pretty much done with Fox Footy now.

There is no programming that goes into detail of every game watch both couch and 360 last night and im pretty sure there were only 2 games played on the weekend. Half a show to the new coach of the 18th placed team is laughable. Stop with the faux comedy shows which are shite and not funny and bring in more first crack ones where people actually get informed on the game and they go into detail in all games not just the ones with the big teams. Carlton aren't in the 8 because we also won on Sunday yet we didn't even get a mention on either show its embarrassing and a key reason why they're almost cooked because most people can't be arsed paying the extra money per month for foxtel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back