The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Listened to them bang on during Dees/Lions game last week at half time - it was pretty obvious to all that the Lions had steadied the ship during the 2nd qrt and it was an arm wrestle but you would have thought that the Lions had played the worst half of footy in a long time listening to them. And Bucks was shouting - like he was in a nightclub trying to make himself heard! Was a bit weird.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Accidently switch on pre-game - hear them waffling on about pressure acts and/or statistcal comparatives regarding scores from turnovers and/or intercept marks and/or other related overanalysis nonsense - switch off..!

Champion Data have a lot to answer for. When will Fox realise the average viewer doesn't give a s***?

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Accidently switch on pre-game - hear them waffling on about pressure acts and/or statistcal comparatives regarding scores from turnovers and/or intercept marks and/or other related overanalysis nonsense - switch off..!
If you want fluff, watch ch7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you want fluff, watch ch7.

Exactly! I'd rather watch talk on Football and tactics, even if it is overanylised. Best Seven can come up with is if there should be a a pre grand final bye and that was in the middle of play!

Vivy

Premium Platinum
Jul 31, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Maybe it's different on Foxtel but at the moment I'm getting some aflw drivel instead of Collingwood v Sydney pre game on Kayo

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
It's either a massive green screen with outstanding re-creation from the Control Room, or FoxFooty has actually spent some $$$ and sent people to the SCG.

Well I'll be.....

But to what end ultimately? 50 mins pre-game, a bit at half-time and by the time we were heading out the door, they'd already switched to Best on Ground.

And flicking through the guide for next week it seems like they're doing the replay right after the game.

I actually give 7 and the free-to-airs some slack when they cut to news etc. cause they are servicing everyone but for a dedicated footy channel to have bugger all 'analysis' post-game during the biggest games of the year is ****ed.

BEST ON GROUND!
Best ooon ground!
BEST ON GROUND!
Best ooon ground!
BEST ON GROUND!
Best ooon ground!
BEST ON GROUND!
Best ooon ground!
BEST ON GROUND!
Best ooon ground!
BEST ON GROUND!
Best ooon ground!

barney GIF

Section226

All Australian
May 21, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
But to what end ultimately? 50 mins pre-game, a bit at half-time and by the time we were heading out the door, they'd already switched to Best on Ground.
I agree with everything you've said there, Warsaw.

Still think their coverage and programming overall stinks.

I'm just surprised they were at the ground.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United

And flicking through the guide for next week it seems like they're doing the replay right after the game.

I actually give 7 and the free-to-airs some slack when they cut to news etc. cause they are servicing everyone but for a dedicated footy channel to have bugger all 'analysis' post-game during the biggest games of the year is *ed.
Very ordinary. I can remember at least up to the mid-2010s their post-match Grand Final coverage on the Saturday night would go on and on and on, and it was superb.

No GF marathon. What are they showing? Replays of the parade and Best on Ground. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

We crap on Ch7 but at least they are showing footy in the early hours of the morning. Replay of Geelong-Collingwood GF from 2011, and last weeks Geelong-Brisbane PF. Get the feeling they wanted a Geelong-Collingwood GF, or at the very least are pro-Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back