the drones on rage...

Remove this Banner Ad

tarky

Premiership Player
May 14, 2007
st kilda
AFL Club
Geelong
just put on rage and it's non stop drones atm...i can't get over how bad they are. Who let these guys guest program tonight? :eek:

just my opinion of course...no offense to anyone who likes them

mansize rooster

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2004
Here There and Everywhere
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangas
oh yeah..who would let them:confused:
just one of the most powerfull australian rock bands of this decade:thumbsu:

seriously.. give them a go

they picked some killer tunes to and showed a great sense of humour. I love these guys. they are who they are,take it or leave it. just a pity i crashed out before all the live drones goodies

tarky

Premiership Player
May 14, 2007
st kilda
AFL Club
Geelong
hi mansize, might just be one of those....'bands that alot of people like that i just don't get' type things. I really couldn't find anything to like about them and the live gig material they showed was terrible i thought. There was a point where he was just moaning into the mic every few seconds with no music at all looking all drugged out.

Gridlock'd

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2002
Tassie
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Leeds, Renault
hi mansize, might just be one of those....'bands that alot of people like that i just don't get' type things. I really couldn't find anything to like about them and the live gig material they showed was terrible i thought. There was a point where he was just moaning into the mic every few seconds with no music at all looking all drugged out.

Im with you mate. Others seem to love them, so ive tried to get into their stuff, but just cant. Does nothing for me.

Each to their own though.

chickawah

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Ham, Celtics, Jack Collison
It was strange, I had just gotten back from seeing Gareth at the Theatre Royal in Castlemaine (which was incredible, bawled my eyes out for the entire show) and I chuck on rage, there they are.

They picked a lot of good stuff, but there was also a few odd choices chucked in there, and a few just plain bad songs.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
bugger, i can't believe i didn't know this was on!

love the drones... great band, great live act. i saw them twice late last year, i'll be seeing them 2 more times between now and may, and i can't wait. one of them is a drones show, as opposed to a festival set, so i'm friggen excited about that.

u-hookin-me

Team Captain
Dec 1, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
They picked a song from Russell Crowes band. Wtf.

Anyway pretty solid band, might check them out on coming tour.

Chops_a_must

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Apr 20, 2008
The Terrortory!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Uni Rats! Believeburgh
didnt see this show, but the drones are a ****ing good australian band.
I don't know.

I saw them a couple of times a few years back before they won that comp that got them massive.

And they were pretty ****ing bad.

The Drones seemed a pretty appropriate name. All it was just droney, boring guitary feedback stuff with pretentious faux rock star front man bollocks, with nothing at all attention grabbing or interesting.

Have not bothered to listen to them since.

XFactor1979

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2008
Lurkville
AFL Club
West Coast
just put on rage and it's non stop drones atm...i can't get over how bad they are. Who let these guys guest program tonight? :eek:

just my opinion of course...no offense to anyone who likes them

we need the option of being able to like or dislike music

in my opinion british india is one of the worst australian bands to come out of australia for quite some time

They picked a song from Russell Crowes band. Wtf.

Anyway pretty solid band, might check them out on coming tour.

How about you put that in a bit of context - it followed Billy Bob Thornton doing a song called Angelina - yes the RC song was crap but it did fit in well with another Hollywood heavyweight singing... I have a feeling some Drones tongues were planted firmly in cheek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ize_

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Best band in the world.

In my opinion of course. It's droney and confronting, so I get why people don't like it. If you learn to love Gareth's voice and his raw guitar style then you will love everything the band does. Never put a foot wrong from where I sit. But I love a raw sound in general.

Chops_a_must

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Apr 20, 2008
The Terrortory!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Uni Rats! Believeburgh
Best band in the world.

In my opinion of course. It's droney and confronting, so I get why people don't like it. If you learn to love Gareth's voice and his raw guitar style then you will love everything the band does. Never put a foot wrong from where I sit. But I love a raw sound in general.
It's not why I don't like it.

When you listen and see Tucker b's as you grow up musically, these guys just seem sub par and lame. Going for the same thing, same image, but they aren't actually good enough musicians to pull it off.

And it's "directionless". Which is what will give it the love/ hate relationship and why it annoys so many people, in much the same way as say Dave Mathews Band, which is also very directionless.

tarky

Premiership Player
May 14, 2007
st kilda
AFL Club
Geelong
Best band in the world.

big call :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back