Universal Love The Drugs Are Bad Mackay? approved Australian cricketers are cheats Discussion Thread

Who will win the Ashes?

• England

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Australia

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • The 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Cricket will be the real winner

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If anything, though - it's like Warner has been poking, prodding and antagonising a giant hornets nest and when they've come out and inevitably bitten back, he's had a good old sook about it
Not really. I have never heard Warner come out in the media and have a whinge, let alone a sook. And to be fair he has generally always owned his *-ups.

SA with a lead of 20 with 3 wickets.

Must keep them under 100

Must keep them under 100
While the Umps fought a running battle with the band in the crowd, Oz struggled with the one-man band that is De Villiers who's batting like Smith did in the Ashes --- doesn't look like getting out. 74 off 81 balls is nearly twice his team's SR and he looks formidable. They gotta get him quickly.

Last edited:
De Villiers is looking like he means business. He's a great player and a great unassuming captain. Gets his runs maximally with a minimal amount of fuss.

First session today will be pivotal. Time for a few batsman to stand up.

While the Umps fought a running battle with the band in the crowd, Oz struggled with the one-man band that is De Villiers who's batting like Smith did in the Ashes --- doesn't look like getting out. 74 off 81 balls is nearly twice his team's SR and he looks formidable. They gotta get him quickly.
Or bowl out the other batsmen like we did in the first test & leave him stranded.

I don't think we would want to concede a lead too much over 50. Certainty not beyond 100.

Very important first session tonight, including a solid opening partnership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rabada might not be playing the next Test with another send off

We have a long tail. Tim Payne... why do we have an obsession with old guys who have never done much? Reminds me of the crows over the journey. Worth remembering our most successful era was a pretty young team unburdened by past failures.

Anyway /rant... Carey should be playing.

We have a long tail. Tim Payne... why do we have an obsession with old guys who have never done much? Reminds me of the crows over the journey. Worth remembering our most successful era was a pretty young team unburdened by past failures.

Anyway /rant... Carey should be playing.
Wayne? :D

A good fighting innings by both may well consolidate their spots for the rest of the SA series.
Bancroft was stiff the way he played on. Bat ==> body ==> boot ==> dribble-dribble onto stumps.
To my happy astonishment Khawaja is showing some grit! I'd say the penny dropped that this was his last chance.

Back