Universal Love The Drugs Are Bad Mackay? approved Australian cricketers are cheats Discussion Thread

Who will win the Ashes?

• England

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Australia

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • The 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Cricket will be the real winner

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No point thinking strategies anymore. We've lost this one good!
Kind of like a mirror image of the first match, regarding the bowling dominance of one team over the other.

100 to defend. When was the last time anyone ever defended a second innings of 100 or less and won a Test Match?
Been a while.

Saffies have too many decent batsmen to collapse under 100.

100 to defend. When was the last time anyone ever defended a second innings of 100 or less and won a Test Match?

Only twice apparently:

1999 West Indies successfully defended 99 against Zimbabwe
1882 England defended 85 against Australia.

There might be more, I just went through some clickbait s**t to find this out for you.

Only twice apparently:

1999 West Indies successfully defended 99 against Zimbabwe
1882 England defended 85 against Australia.

There might be more, I just went through some clickbait s**t to find this out for you.
I'm sure there's more. Would be ace if it could happen again by tonight! Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally dismissed de nemesis (by a bowler).
Oddly, 7 out of ten of the highest scoring batsmen this series are Aussies.
Starc (10 wickets) and Hazlewood (7) lag behind Rabada (15) and Maharaj (11), so ...
There is another difference and that is they bowled much better. Constantly at the batsmen with very little loose deliveries.
De Villiers and better bowling yields 1-1.

Breaking news:
Rabada out for next 2 Tests!
https://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Proteas/suspended-icc-hit-rabada-with-series-ban-20180312
"Jeff Crowe of the Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees said: "I found that there was contact between Rabada and Smith, and in my judgement the contact by Rabada was inappropriate, and deliberate. He had the opportunity to avoid the contact, and I could not see any evidence to support the argument that the contact was accidental."
Yep.
Could re-define the series --- no doubt a few Aussie batsmen will be happy. SA might have to serve up Tuna Morne in the Third Test ..?

Breaking news:
Rabada out for next 2 Tests!
https://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Proteas/suspended-icc-hit-rabada-with-series-ban-20180312
"Jeff Crowe of the Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees said: "I found that there was contact between Rabada and Smith, and in my judgement the contact by Rabada was inappropriate, and deliberate. He had the opportunity to avoid the contact, and I could not see any evidence to support the argument that the contact was accidental."
Yep.
Could re-define the series --- no doubt a few Aussie batsmen will be happy. SA might have to serve up Tuna Morne in the Third Test ..?
Huge loss for South Africans as easily their most dangerous bowler with the extra pace.

Reckon they will look to rush back Steyn if he is any chance over Morkel.

Crowe had no choice given the vision, which was stupid particularly given he was sitting on points.

Crowe had no choice given the vision, which was stupid particularly given he was sitting on points.
Yes, stupid, reckless and will hurt his team who need him playing, not rubbing shoulders.
There's no external controlling panel (eg CA, ICC, SAC) with greater influence than self-control.
I read several articles online last night about Rabada and the ban.
He was further cited for his send-off of Warner in the second dig, even with the verdict hanging over his head from the Smith incident. Rabada is only 22, hot-headed, with a rare talent. Rabada himself knows and admits he has a problem, Faf as well, with the latter saying Rabada will have to "pull his head in". I am biased. I don't care about Rabada and am happy he'll most likely be out for the next 2 games. Similarly, I was stokesed when Stokes missed the Ashes.

Apparently, Marsh gave Rabada an expletive-laden serve after he was bowled in the first over of Day 4 --- I'd much prefer if he kept his mouth shut and saved his energy for preserving his wicket when we needed him the most. In fact, I'd like to see more of the Aussies show some self-control and do the same, pull their heads in, and let their cricket do the shouting.

Not sure what Philander is smoking, but he's copping a huge bake on Twitter.

Should probably concentrate on taking wickets.

Philander claims it's Smith's fault
Seriously?? o_O
Smith didn't deviate from the line he was walking. If Rabada had stayed where he was after the dismissal, they would've been at least 2 metres apart.
Rabada walked diagonally at Smith, doing his best Meg-Ryan "Yes! .... YES!! .... YEEEESSSS!!!" impersonation.

Rabada a dick but think one-match game would suffice. Have sympathy for saffers when question his grade of punishment being the same as Warner's. Obviously blaming Smith stupid.

Wait ...
VDP has explained it all. He was HACKED. Yes, a hacker got into his system, just to post that one comment.
"Good morning all my tweeps. Waking up this morning to alot of twitter craziness as my acc got hacked and someone posted a nice little article on my behalf. Sorry for all the drama or entertainment caused by the looks of it. Have a great day all."
What a steaming pile of bulldung <== (if I get sanctioned for my scorn, it wasn't me, I didn't post this.
I was hacked :rolleyes:).

Back