The dumbest idea in the history of ideas.

Remove this Banner Ad

India is a smart move. Fits with a large chunk of our demographic. But remember... Richmond have been wanting a game in India for longer than we've been in existence. It's their push.

And if it's their push, it should be their home game. It's like Port moving into china and then demanding it be a home game for someone else.

Well we already give up three games to Canberra.

It's a Richmond home game or it doesn't happen!!!!!

If ever you want to see how the Victorians have NEVER thought this game was a national one. In their Viccentric Victard way it is this quote from the article

The Tigers-Giants clash on Indian soil will be fixtured as a GWS home game to ensure Richmond’s army of supporters are not robbed of a match in Melbourne.

How many games do they get in Melbourne? How many are at their own home ground?

Robbed of a match in Melbourne? - oh the poor f#*king snowflakes.

How many do we get in Sydney?

Absolute f#*king rubbish.

If ever you want to see how the Victorians have NEVER thought this game was a national one. In their Viccentric Victard way it is this quote from the article

How many games do they get in Melbourne? How many are at their own home ground?

Robbed of a match in Melbourne - oh the poor f#*king snowflakes.

How many do we get in Sydney?

Absolute f#*king rubbish.

Well said mate, agree 100%

India is a smart move. Fits with a large chunk of our demographic. But remember... Richmond have been wanting a game in India for longer than we've been in existence. It's their push.

And if it's their push, it should be their home game. It's like Port moving into china and then demanding it be a home game for someone else.

Well we already give up three games to Canberra.

It's a Richmond home game or it doesn't happen!!!!!
Totally agree. Got to be a tigers home game! India is ripe. Have just few oval grounds around the place, a population being encouraged to get more active and into sport etc. one interesting thing to consider is where and when to play a game. The oppressive conditions in much of the country in the summer months will make it hard. Maybe need to go north into the high country?

Someone needs to point out the issues (1 in 8 or 9 games gone as opposed to 1 in 11 or 15) on the club's FB or Twitter page. Hopefully enough people will kick up a stink that it's shelved or done properly - as a Richmond home game.

Someone needs to point out the issues (1 in 8 or 9 games gone as opposed to 1 in 11 or 15) on the club's FB or Twitter page. Hopefully enough people will kick up a stink that it's shelved or done properly - as a Richmond home game.
Twitter feed is getting a hammering

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The oppressive conditions in much of the country in the summer months will make it hard. Maybe need to go north into the high country?
As an Australian born Indian giants supporter I'd hope they would play it in Shimla or Dehradoon or Dharmshala. They play international cricket there and they are all in the mountains so the weather shouldn't be an issue. Dehradoon would be my preference as it's where my family is from and is the biggest city which wont be furnace level hot during the bye period.

As an Australian born Indian giants supporter I'd hope they would play it in Shimla or Dehradoon or Dharmshala. They play international cricket there and they are all in the mountains so the weather shouldn't be an issue. Dehradoon would be my preference as it's where my family is from and is the biggest city which wont be furnace level hot during the bye period.
Do you see any benefit in us moving a home game to India?

If it was an away game i would be fine with it and would be interested in how it went.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Has to be an away game. 3 games in Canberra (which I love as a Canberra based fan) means we need to preserve all the home games at showgrounds. Wouldn't support any scheme that takes away home games.
Fair enough.
Clearly we cant afford to lose one of three in Canberra either. I honestly dont get why a game was played in China at all, or any game overseas. An exhibition/pre season game as a culltural export maybe, if the destination country is intetested. I dont see any reason for them to be though, except possibly as a novelty.

This is what I thought. A mate of mine is from the north west, around Jammu IIRC. Spectacular country from the photos I have seen. Really want to go there.

If they get more than 15,000 people attending (not entourage; actual spectators) only then can you argue it was worth us giving a home game for the gate.

It's a good deal for the AFL; for fans that have to travel like we do, notsomuch.
Even then.

We are a new club growing the game specifically in WS and ACT. Not a good look that before the job is done your already taking away home games and giving it to another nation.

Should be a a tigers home game. Give their members an away game to attend in payment.
They have 15 of the bloody things down there.

if the afl want it to happen, it will be our home game. They pay the bills.

That sounds like the logic that would've seen us handing over our first and second draft picks last year as part of the Whitfield debacle (IIRC).

I think the club has shown that they're willing to stand up to head office. However I think it's also possible the club could see it as the right thing to do, even though I disagree.

Make a sale to an Indian network of say a few matches per round and a highlights package. The viewing audience could be massive.
But does every houshold have a tv?

Im most probably wrong but was under the impression there wasnt much of a middle class in India.

More either very rich or very poor with hardly any middle ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back