The Eagles are a HUGE wildcard going into the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

No Gaff and shuey love?

Gaff is solid (nothing special). Shuey is a liability as an inside mid. If he was used as an outside link play I could see his value, but he isn't. Mostly, Shuey just gets in the road of Priddis (who actually extracts the ball very effectively into space). Very limited player is Shuey, I've never understood the love. Probably has good stats, but people need to actually watch the game more closely.

I'd say a very slim that the Eagles beat Syd, Haw or Geel away in the 2nd week of finals. More of a shot against Adelaide or GWS if that's the way it falls.

Almost no chance that they fly East one week to win, then come back again the next week to beat a better side fresh from a week off.

Down to about 0 the chance of them winning 3 weeks in a row on the East Coast/Adelaide.

Eagles fans will cheer like crazy for Collingwood and North to win and ideally for Melbourne to beat Geelong by 10 goals + and sink their percentage or Richmond to at least knock Sydney below the Crows in some miracle.

Top 4 and then the Eagles become a wildcard. So far all they've done is salvage respectability for the season and something to build upon for next year.

They've now won away in Sydney against the Giants and away in Adelaide against the Crows. It's not beyond them to win in Melbourne.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Gaff is solid (nothing special). Shuey is a liability as an inside mid. If he was used as an outside link play I could see his value, but he isn't. Mostly, Shuey just gets in the road of Priddis (who actually extracts the ball very effectively into space). Very limited player is Shuey, I've never understood the love. Probably has good stats, but people need to actually watch the game more closely.
Are we watching the same Shuey?

Problem is Eagles have given no real indication they can win in Melbourne still - it wasn't that long ago they lost to Collingwood. If they can somehow avoid traveling there long enough they could make the grand final still. In any case their victory has thrown a massive spanner in the works.

They beat Adelaide the same way Geelong beat them, setting up well defensively and putting enough pressure on their mids for them to have to kick it to a contest. Adelaide are a great side but they do have a number of glaring weaknesses that teams good enough can exploit.

Personally though I would love for Eagles to somehow win it - feel like they have been somewhat unfairly criticised

Probably? It is.

Bulldogs are likely gonna finish 16-6. And be 7th on the ladder. SEVENTH.

A 16-6 record in most seasons gets you top 2, if not top 4. And yet the top 7 teams are gonna have this record or better. 7th usually has 12-13 wins.

The bottom 10 have been seriously terrible this year.
ahem. 12-10 and missing finals by percentage is 'terrible'? according to you we should be 7th.

Shuey is a much better midfielder than any mid on St Kilda's list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is Eagles have given no real indication they can win in Melbourne still - it wasn't that long ago they lost to Collingwood. If they can somehow avoid traveling there long enough they could make the grand final still. In any case their victory has thrown a massive spanner in the works.

They beat Adelaide the same way Geelong beat them, setting up well defensively and putting enough pressure on their mids for them to have to kick it to a contest. Adelaide are a great side but they do have a number of glaring weaknesses that teams good enough can exploit.

Personally though I would love for Eagles to somehow win it - feel like they have been somewhat unfairly criticised

I think we're a different team to the team that played Collingwood. If we had been playing like we are now, we would've smashed them, MCG or not. I mean, we barely hobbled across the line against a valiant Demons outfit at home.

OP beat me to it ;)...

I'm surprised, but I hadn't given up hope completely. Yes the Crows were flat, but we were amazing today...the marking, awareness, connection, mid-field run, backline, forwards...everything just clicked, it was like the Eagles of last year. Something has clicked in a way it hasn't all year. The GWS win certainly was a surprise, but I feel it did kinda shake the side up, it was what we needed, to believe we're still in it...I hope this isn't an aberration, but a real sign of things to come. Do we dare to hope, that we could have another crack at the flag in '16?

Eagles fans very chirpy for a side that will most likely finish outside the top 4. History isn't doing you any favours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back