Official Team Thread The East Side Hawks S23 Spectacular Team Thread - Congrats EJW and TFW dual BFF's.

Remove this Banner Ad

PLEASE WELCOME GUEST MATCH REPORTER Elton Johns Wig

RAIN HELPS HAWKS EXTINGUISH DRAGONS FLAMES

DRAGON ISLAND: In shitty wet conditions at Dragon Island, the East Side Hawks moved into the top 4 with a commanding performance, running out victors by 5 goals, or 30 points, whatever floats your boat. And with the moisture about, thats what the Dragons needed to stand any chance.

The super sopper was deployed before play got underway in an effort to remove some of the moisture, but it was conditions the Hawks relished. They were the team that came out breathing fire, and a 6 goal to 2 first term set up the day.

The second quarter was an even affair, and the distance between the two teams was pretty much maintained at the half.

There were loud and strange noises heard in the Home sheds, as the Dragons tried to rev themselves up for a big second half. They did come out strong, surprising the Hawks with a more physical style of play after the break. At one point, they had whittled the lead back to little more than one straight kick.

East Side had had enough, and put the foot down once again, it was evident early in the last term that the game was in safe keeping, the Hawks kicking away to a comfortable victory.

Some Dragons were heard to sook about equal amount of scoring shots, yada, yada, yada. Where I learned my craft, my coach told me bad kicking is bad football. In fact, our very own The Filth Wizard has hit us between the eyes with these words this season.

The Filth Wizard was an absolute stand out, a clear best on ground. 25 disposals, 9 tackles, and 3 goals straight. miss_kate18 had an excellent game with 10 kicks, 12 handballs and 4 marks. Agent93 was also very solid with 18 disposals and 5 marks.

On the negative side brahj had a bad day in front of the sticks, he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo!! 1 goal 4. And EJW's form has been a concern for a few weeks now, being outmuscled in the ruck.

DRA 2.2 4.3 6.10 6.12 48
HAW 6.2 8.5 9.5 12.6 78

GOALS: The Filth Wizard 3, Brown Bottle 1, Loonerty 1, Biggie 1, Danger in Teas 1,
Eagling 1, larrikin 1, brahj 1, Keg on legs 1, Milera2Betts 1

BEST: The Filth Wizard miss_kate18 Agent93 RookieListed

Next week we host the Roys in a top 4 clash. It promises to be a sombre occasion as we pay respect to the passing of a legend in Fred. Lets play the game in the right spirit, and remember, and celebrate a great of the game.

Untitled.png

giphy.gif

The hardy few Hawks fans in the crowd that travelled for the game braved some tough conditions

OK, so this week could be a slightly unusual week, what with the oppositon full forward being with us but not with us and all...

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ks-vs-roys-ffc-at-waverley-park-motr.1163834/

...but the important thing to remember is that Fred would want us to slap the hell out of any of his teammates who slacked off even a little bit. So that's what we shall do. Tough love, Hawkers, tough love. We're just the team for the job.

Wait, whats going on with Fred?

Unfortunately Fred passed away on Saturday night after a cancer battle. We're all having a bit of a somber week.

Unfortunately Fred passed away on Saturday night after a cancer battle. We're all having a bit of a somber week.
I have just read this news.

Amazing how this has made me feel....having been here for the a long time....

I am deeply moved by this..

I have just read this news.

Amazing how this has made me feel....having been here for the a long time....

I am deeply moved by this..

Yep, he was a true fixture.

Superb work, Hawkers. Lots of emotion and distraction all week, but we stuck to our guns and refused to let it get the better of us.

There won't be much talk about it, given the circumstances, but those four points are a huge boost to our top four chances. It doesn't get any easier from here, but I am hugely proud of what this team is achieving right now. We are the mighty fighting Hawks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy my sons operation is tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll get to the stats but I will get to it

Guy my sons operation is tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll get to the stats but I will get to it

No stress at all mate. Only priority is your son.

Big game this week against the Furies. Can help secure top four and it's match of the round against the league leaders. Win and minor premiers is alive.

I'm sorry that I haven't been performing since I was switched to HFF, but I glad I'm getting the opportunities and hopefully I can improve myself in future games, if and where I'm picked.

I'm sorry that I haven't been performing since I was switched to HFF, but I glad I'm getting the opportunities and hopefully I can improve myself in future games, if and where I'm picked.
You'll keep playing there until you get it right! You're not getting out of it that easily, young man! :D

S'OK buddy. I left a big stinky fart on that flank after Mr Eagle moved me out of there. No wonder you're having a hard time playing, let alone breathing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back