Analysis The Easy Fix

Remove this Banner Ad

On Saturday it looks like Brad's easy fix finally clicked.

The big issue for us this year has been getting badly torched on turnovers.

The rest of our game has been pretty solid so far this season. We've been good at the contest and applying pressure, it's been our disposal that's been letting us down.

On Saturday at the ground it was noticeable that we looked far more composed with the ball in hand. We seemed to take a little bit of time to make sure we hit targets by hand and that created opportunities for runners to deliver quality foot passes and long bombs into the forward line.

Since the game I've studied the replay and this pattern was confirmed.

We showed far more poise and looked like a far more polished and dangerous team as a result.

Is taking that little bit of extra time to be composed the easy fix Brad has been referring to?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Is taking that little bit of extra time to be composed the easy fix Brad has been referring to?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Let's hope so. Lack of composure was what cost us wins against the Handbaggers, Braves and Dockers.

Mason Wood taking marks on the wing and all parts of the forward line didn't hurt either.

Neither did Scotty T getting back to close to his best form, when 4 weeks ago many here were putting the fork in him.

But yes, agree with the OP. We looked far more composed than in previous matches, even in the GC game.

It helps when Luke is kicking it 60 metres down the ground to our forwards advantage
Definitely!

And what helps Luke get clear to deliver those long bombs to our forward line? A bit of composure with our handballs, being able to hit a guy clear or running on to the ball instead of missing by a metre or landing at his feet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back