Multiplat The Elders Scrolls Online

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just on the map that folk have seen so far - did they preserve much of how Oblivion imagined Cyrodiill to look? I realise its set in another era but did they keep places like Anvil and Bruma?

Looks nothing like it to be honest. Whether that's because of the art style, or the layout they needed for pvp I'm not sure. But I'm not too worried, to me I'm playing an MMO with TES lore, I don't expect it to be 100% true to the games that came before it.

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
Well that bloody sucks massive balls.

The more I see of this the less likely I'll get it. It's seems like a generic MMO with a few elder scrolls bits and pieces added.

I may join you in that boat.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I'm sure I'll get into it eventually... but not as long as there is a subscription fee.

I played the preorder bonus days and haven't been back since and wont be back. It's a snooze fest with tired mechanics and nothing really new or exciting going for it.

This game is now being released as The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and is now free to play once you purchase the game, no subscriptions.

Release date of June this year for XB1 and PS4.

Igloo Ant_ .

This game is now being released as The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and is now free to play once you purchase the game, no subscriptions.

Release date of June this year for XB1 and PS4.

Igloo Ant_ .
Looks like I'll finally give it a go then.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Will definitely pick up on Xbox One, if only to see why it's apparently so bad.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I think terrible might be a bit harsh. But many didn't receive it well. It's only like 6 months after launch and they're abandoning their payment model. Not a good sign.

I think terrible might be a bit harsh. But many didn't receive it well. It's only like 6 months after launch and they're abandoning their payment model. Not a good sign.
Meh. If I can run around with campaigners on here being annoying in an Elder Scrolls game then I'm happy.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Was never going to work in first place though. How good would a game have to be to pay full price for it then $20 a month or whatever it was. I literally cannot think of any video game in history I would be willing to do that for.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
World of Warcraft is the only one that's got away with it for an extended period of time that I know of. Eve online maybe?

Back