The Elephant in the Room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ziebell off injured against Saints when down by 5 goals early in 3rd, we win

Ziebell off injured against Hawks when down by 5 goals with 8mins left in game, nearly win

Congratulations.

10 points for Hufflecock.

The elephant in the room is that our club is "nice" and several opposition clubs are campaigners.

Clarkson won tonight because he does not care about being a model citizen, he does not care about the rules, all he cares about winning, and if that means he has to be a campaigner then so be it.

We're not going to take the next step until winning by any means is all that matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a shocker today but always goes in hard and sets an example..
Simpkin has next captain written all over him

I would never, ever, ever pot his integrity, effort or ability to impact a game.

I would never, ever, ever pot his integrity, effort or ability to impact a game.
It’s such a tough call for a coach with any player that plays with heart and effort but when their skills let’s them down...
I love Ziebell but the ‘old school’ footballer just doesn’t fit in today’s game sadly. Even Arch would be in the same situation

Rhyce can see it and he will make the call that is required here in a dignified manner befitting the captain of the NMFC.

JZ is like Matty Larkin in his last few years at North - great careers come to an end quickly when you cant keep up with the pace of the game. Not the first this has happened to a great player - wont be the last.

Just like we kept Bard on for too long as coach we have done the same with JZ as captain.

As a few of us said in the last off season - JZ should have been relieved of the captaincy and any decision to play him based on his playing merits.

It’s such a tough call for a coach with any player that plays with heart and effort but when their skills let’s them down...
I love Ziebell but the ‘old school’ footballer just doesn’t fit in today’s game sadly. Even Arch would be in the same situation
Archer was skillful by foot. Even in 05-07 when he couldn't play on the bigs, he stayed in because he could hit targets.

How's this for an elephant.

Maybe Bradley was right when he said we needed a rebuild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back