The Elephant in the Room.

Remove this Banner Ad

No one cops more exaggerated criticism on here when in poor form than Brown. He'll be fine.
The issue with brown is it’s the same weakness that he’s had all the way through the afl

No improvement in his strength at all, zero aggression also, sort of bloke that would give his opponent tips to improve their game while playing on him than to drive his knee into their back

The issue with brown is it’s the same weakness that he’s had all the way through the afl

No improvement in his strength at all, zero aggression also, sort of bloke that would give his opponent tips to improve their game while playing on him than to drive his knee into their back

And yet he's the AFL's leading goalkicker over the last few years.

Talk about first world problems.

I don't even remember a single chain or piece of play we had that resulted in a clean inside 50 yesterday.

We were either chipping it around the back half trying to get through their zone, or we were going long to contests down the wing (which basically meant Brown had to come up the ground anyway).

What you say is true about BBB but that doesn't paint him in a very positive light.

That is, what you are saying is that he needs all the conditions re delivery, structure and personnel to perfectly suit him before he can perform.

And when conditions do suit him why does he jump one handed - like hailing a cab at 3am after 9 hours on the booze?

Don't get me wrong - he has shown he can perform well when it all goes in his favour.

However what we'd like to see - and what would command $3m over 4 years - is the ability to turn the game in our favour when conditions aren't perfect for him. That's the difference between a great forward and a good forward.

He has done this before plenty of times. Can kick three goals in a quarter to turn the game for us, including frees for htb, ground ball gets and goals or assists.

The elephant is that with Jack in that forward line some of our exciting young players have suffered.

Jack is the type of player that demands the ball because of his standing within the playing group, but unfortunately it’s to the detriment of the team at the moment.

It’s no coincidence that players like Taylor and Thomas have flourished when Jack has been off the field.

As harsh as it is to say about a guy that is heart and soul, Jack is currently contributing to the effectiveness of opposition defences.

No one cops more exaggerated criticism on here when in poor form than Brown. He'll be fine.

Problem is he get's pushed off the lead too easily. It's been a problem for years and they've not addressed it. Every team knows if you can put a slight body on his lead, he's totally taken out of the contest.

You can't play as a lead up forward without any other dimension to you game if you're so easily beaten.

I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater, just that I can't believe he's/we've not improved it yet. He's seriously exposed at the moment, it's just too easy for defenders.

I suspect Jack's body is going to fall apart quickly enough that the decision will be taken out of our hands.

Poor bastard absolutely destroyed himself for our jumper.

Just seen the shot of him staring into space by himself on the boundary. Looked very contemplative. Sad 😕

Jack is a smart bloke and he knows his body is now in a place where it can't cash the cheques his brain writes for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect Jack's body is going to fall apart quickly enough that the decision will be taken out of our hands.

Poor bastard absolutely destroyed himself for our jumper.
That won't be ignored or forgotten by those who count.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The Elephant in the room is us condemning our captain. Yes he's struggling which I think is due to his body at the moment but i still see a forward role for him when Larkey is back. He's been asked to play tall in the forward line with runs on the ball.

Not ideal for Jack

The Elephant in the room is us condemning our captain. Yes he's struggling which I think is due to his body at the moment but i still see a forward role for him when Larkey is back. He's been asked to play tall in the forward line with runs on the ball.

Not ideal for Jack

Jack's issue (aside from his body) is his lack of accuracy.

There is a role there as that third forward but to make that work he's got to be a dead eye dick and make every shot count.

He simply misses too many too often to be effective in that role.

That won't be ignored or forgotten by those who count.

Nup. He's bled and broken bones for this club.

There is a role there as that third forward but to make that work he's got to be a dead eye dick and make every shot count.

Who in our forward line doesn't miss easy shots? Larkey? Then?

Our issues are not individual based.

I suspect we all look back to that Cats Final where he stood up big in that last quarter in the forward line.

But that was years ago now

Larkey and Brown are reliable set shots. Zurhaar and Tarryn too.

I

Polec, Thomas, LDU & Bailey Scott are pretty reliable. Simpkin & Zurhaar are also solid set shots. The good news is that most of them are very young.

I doubt Tazz would miss too many if only we had three of him, and one to put forward.

Polec, Thomas, LDU & Bailey Scott are pretty reliable. Simpkin & Zurhaar are also solid set shots. The good news is that most of them are very young.

I doubt Tazz would miss too many if only we had three of him, and one to put forward.
Curtis goes alright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back