The end of 2020 TV season will see lot's of shows end which of your favorites will you miss most?

Looking at this list I'm loosing
Arrow
Blindspot
Bojack Horseman
Brockmire
Criminal Minds
Good Place
Hawaii five o
Homeland
Lucifer
The man in the high castle
Suits
Supernatural

Plus a few other shows that are looking dicey

Looks like there is a cull of the old guard and bringing in some new shows

How many are you loosing?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

that number is relatively normal to low on number of shows ending. There tends to be 100+ shows from network and cable to end and 100+ shows to start.
Thats only to date more will end soon, probably Mayish

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

Looking at this list I'm loosing
Arrow
Blindspot
Bojack Horseman
Brockmire
Criminal Minds
Good Place
Hawaii five o
Homeland
Lucifer
The man in the high castle
Suits
Supernatural

Plus a few other shows that are looking dicey

Looks like there is a cull of the old guard and bringing in some new shows

How many are you loosing?

Dont like any of them.

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
Some big bromances going with Hawaii 5 0, Suits & Supernatural ending.
I will miss Supernatural, apart from a few ordinary seasons it has been solid watching.
A shame The Magicians is over too, one of the most underrated shows out there IMHO.

Some big bromances going with Hawaii 5 0, Suits & Supernatural ending.
I only saw the finale episode after watching a few here and there in its run. I see a spin-off happening based off a character brought in in the last two episodes. And except some of the cast to feature on Magnum PI (there has already been so many minor crossovers between the two shows. Although the spin-off will not feature McGarret (physical tiredness and injuries) or Danno (living on the main land).
The Suits show was over long ago, and the producers saw that the show struggled without Mike, so brought him back in a "reoccurring" role in the final season. I don't except anything beyond Suits or Pearson (which also ended), as Macht does not want to be typecast in the future.
And Supernatural will have a shortened 16th season, possibly starting in September or February. This is due to the Coronavirus. All episodes have been written, but due to production being closed down, all episodes have not been shot. Resulting in another season when production once production resumes.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The Affair ended. Looking for Alaska was a miniseries. The Plot Against America was a miniseries.

I quit Altered Carbon and Westworld. Quit Homeland years ago.

In recent years I've become picky with new TV series (partly because there's a lot of old media I want to get through). Great reviews* are a must. If a show stops maintaining its previous standard I'm out.

*every show looks filmed like a movie now so reviews are more important than some (i.e. those who watched 9 seasons of Suits) want to admit

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Shows I'm losing, with varying degrees of sorrow, are:
  • Arrow
  • Blindspot
  • Harlots
  • Hawaii Five-O
  • Liar
  • Madam Secretary
  • The Man in the High Castle
  • Medici
  • Mr Robot
  • Reprisal (probably the least missed of all shows on this list)
  • Run
  • Strike Back
  • Vikings (though I gave up half way through the final series)
The sad thing is that very few of these shows have been replaced by something watchable.

I only saw the finale episode after watching a few here and there in its run. I see a spin-off happening based off a character brought in in the last two episodes. And except some of the cast to feature on Magnum PI (there has already been so many minor crossovers between the two shows. Although the spin-off will not feature McGarret (physical tiredness and injuries) or Danno (living on the main land).
The Suits show was over long ago, and the producers saw that the show struggled without Mike, so brought him back in a "reoccurring" role in the final season. I don't except anything beyond Suits or Pearson (which also ended), as Macht does not want to be typecast in the future.
And Supernatural will have a shortened 16th season, possibly starting in September or February. This is due to the Coronavirus. All episodes have been written, but due to production being closed down, all episodes have not been shot. Resulting in another season when production once production resumes.
I haven’t started the last season of Suits but god it recovered SO much once they finally ****ed off Mike I thought, always putting his bullshit ethics before the firm.

I’ve really enjoyed its post Meghan Markle era.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm surprised some of those shows are still going, particularly Homeland. And as mentioned above, plenty were due for a cut. I like the fact the Man in the High Castle and Mr Robot both ended four season runs (particularly Mr Robot, which absolutely nailed the landing). Gives me time to focus on other shows.

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Only show there I'm up to date on is end of the ******* world and it defi itely doesn't need another season.

Lots of shows there I watched at some point but gave up on as they should have been killed long ago. Supernatural should've finished after 5 seasons. Suits long ago. Arrow I watched but it was never anything special. 13 reasons why was a 1 season show. Glow, good place, silicon Valley, Ray Donovan, Vikings all shows I enjoyed early but didn't stick with until the end.

Man in high castle I watched a couple of seasons and really enjoyed. Mr robot same but just 1 season. Would like to go back to them.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The only show on that list that i was a bit upset about finishing was Silicon Valley, but that finished 6 months ago. None of the others were shows that actively engaged me, to be honest. Or at least, it they did, they hadn't for a looooong time (hello, Homeland!).

Back