The End

Remove this Banner Ad

'16 we didn't make finals but we did play in a few before winning the '17, new kids need a final campaigns and ain't happening this season. Grannie a long way off, prolly 4 years

It'd need a massive turnaround for it to not be the end. But I'm happy it ended after three flags and not a string of ninth placed finishes. There are a bunch of rising teams at the moment (possibly Carlton, Essendon, St Kilda, Port, Brisbane, even Collingwood) for who it will end in a year or five years with nothing added to the trophy case.

Last edited:
I wasn’t so sure we’d have a great year from the beginning. All the remaining premiership hero’s from 2017 aren’t in their prime any longer. Critical players like Prestia and Lynch are now off the park more than on it. We got help for Prestia , but with Jack on last legs with Lunch out we have huge issues up forward. Dusty is no longer the force he was and as is the way of the draft, our price to pay for being successful is not getting the top talent and unfortunately several guys aren’t quite up to it.
I think the Hopper /Taranto trades were for one last throw at the stumps with an aging list that has found the cliff quicker than we all expected.

I wasn’t so sure we’d have a great year from the beginning. All the remaining premiership hero’s from 2017 aren’t in their prime any longer. Critical players like Prestia and Lynch are now off the park more than on it. We got help for Prestia , but with Jack on last legs with Lunch out we have huge issues up forward. Dusty is no longer the force he was and as is the way of the draft, our price to pay for being successful is not getting the top talent and unfortunately several guys aren’t quite up to it.
I think the Hopper /Taranto trades were for one last throw at the stumps with an aging list that has found the cliff quicker than we all expected.

I can‘t say that our poor years in 2021 or 2022 filled me with any confidence

I can‘t say that our poor years in 2021 or 2022 filled me with any confidence
Hindsight says we should of started rebuild in 2022 so definitely rebuild should start now no more top up players its clear as day we are not winning a premiership in the next 3 to 5 years and if we recruit anyone over 25 in the next 2 years no more memberships for me ever

jim morrison GIF by Patakk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hindsight says we should of started rebuild in 2022 so definitely rebuild should start now no more top up players its clear as day we are not winning a premiership in the next 3 to 5 years and if we recruit anyone over 25 in the next 2 years no more memberships for me ever
But we already started in 2021 with 5 picks inside 30
We also took 4 kids and 1 24 year old thats already played 7 games

10 players in 2 years sounds like a pretty good start

But we already started in 2021 with 5 picks inside 30
We also took 4 kids and 1 24 year old thats already played 7 games

10 players in 2 years sounds like a pretty good start
Yeah I see what your saying but picking up two players in there prime against our low picks this year to build for our next real crack at a cup could be super costly .

I carnt see hopper lasting 5 years let alone 7 and Tarranto will be fading . Sure they both will make us better short term when we are no chance of contending .

I do rate both even though they both have lead legs just not sure they were really a good fit for the stage we are at right now .

I never thought Dimma would go before Jack and Cotch. I think Dimma knew it was time for the club to hear a new voice and time for us to end one story so we could begin another.

I never thought Dimma would go before Jack and Cotch. I think Dimma knew it was time for the club to hear a new voice and time for us to end one story so we could begin another.
I'm laying in my sick bed can you please start before it's too late :think: :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back