The Endgame - Round 23 Preview/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray basically killed everyone who took him as a late season POD. Likely opportunity loss was 300+ points for many I reckon.
Gray is a gun but needs more mid time to be worth it. The older he gets and the more young midfielders that come in the less time he gets in the guts. Plus he's so damn dangerous around goal
He had a streak of good games with Rocky and Wines out at various times but it was always going to end
I haven't picked him for years now, not worth the headache of will he won't he play midfield

2836 - beat my previous best by 100 points
Hoping it can get me from 330 to <250

Won my two hardest leagues that were ranked 14th and 47th coming into this week

Just seen I was bundled out of all my crap leagues last week - the Suns league (ranked 12k), public league (ranked 7k) and a SCS league (ranked 3.3k)

Shocking final round, resulting in 2605, will definitely slide in the rankings, hope I cling onto top 200... Edit: Slipped to 257th..

Did finish up with one unused trade. Sloane, was the only real one I was considering trading this week, but he did alright and it wouldn't have made much difference, there weren't really any options at his price. In hindsight, shipping Billings, Heeney or Goldy off would have been ideal...

Either way, still a positive season, you need a lot to go right to win this game!

About 50 years left to win the 50k!...

ee1196b17e7ad9d184e967a4a69f5282.jpg

Well that's my card punched for the year, back to back solid years. See you flogs next pre season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gray is a gun but needs more mid time to be worth it. The older he gets and the more young midfielders that come in the less time he gets in the guts. Plus he's so damn dangerous around goal
He had a streak of good games with Rocky and Wines out at various times but it was always going to end
I haven't picked him for years now, not worth the headache of will he won't he play midfield
Yepp.
He was cheap though. Very cheap, fit, and likely to play a lot of midfield. Sucked so many in as a cheap POD.
At just 30 its not as though he was washed up.
As it turned out not a single top 10 mob had Gray going into today, despite him being a fairly common pick. That shows just how toxic he was late season. A tradeout in the last month to ANYONE would have meant huge points.

We have no control on dipsticks like Hinkley and how/where they play them.

Dreading how much I dropped in overall

My season was ruined not by injuries but by 5 or 6 players completely losing form, in the last 4-5 weeks
That's the risk with those sub-premos though
Sheed, B Crouch etc.. really had very good seasons in total but always that risk of relying on them.

In that category I had Weller who shat the bed for a few weeks but came good late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back