Prediction The entirely arbitrary and pointless Luke Jackson posterity circlejerk

What will Luke Jackson become

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2009
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Loving all the offended Norf supporters salty over Powell not getting the nom this week. Jackson clearly better than Powell on the weekend. Dogga surely favourite now. I jumped on him when he was $17 a couple of weeks ago. Thought he was tracking beautifully. He's an absolute gun.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Please don't PG.
Yeah it really isn’t that tempting. I’m okay with being alive and not required to do anything in respect of the North Melbourne Football Club.

No wonder their supporter base is a bit messed up. I mean, we are too -totally. But the older people there are contrasting their experience now with the heady days of rocking up to watch Carey.

mickent1

Debutant
Aug 8, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
So many people concentrating on Jackson’s perceived weakness (his kicking) and ignoring all of his strengths and upside. How is Gawn’s kicking? Yet he is clearly the best or second best ruckman in the league, dominates games and gives our team a huge advantage in games. Can Naitanui kick well? No! But he can do so much more.

We are not reaching for Jackson. He would be taken in the next pick or two if it’s not us. And a player like him is so hard to find. How many half back flankers are in the draft compared to a player like Jackson?

Very excited to be getting this sort of talent onto our list and won’t be surprised at all to see us swap picks 10 and 28 for two teen picks and get Weightman/Pickett etc. If Bennell works out too (a big if) it could be a fantastic trade and draft period and I’m proud of the club for being so aggressive and getting sh*t done. Bring on 2020 already!
I have no problem with that. I think Jackson looks like a rare talent who’s clearance work in the middle and around the ground combined with his athletic abilities are going to be a huge asset to our team. Most big men aren’t the best kicks but people are writing him off for that.
Anyway when we draft Jackson none of the other mids will need to know their roles because he'll just leap above his opponent, tap it down to himself, grab the pill and blind turn a couple then sprint away from them all and drive the ball into our forward line. Then repeat.
Can we please redirect this thread back to arrogantly patting ourselves on the back for our amazing foresight? 😬

The melts when we drafted him were so over the top, hopefully some supporters and posters are reflecting on their abuse and overreactions at the time, and the club is being inundated with apologies and praise. The kid is going to be a star.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Can we please redirect this thread back to arrogantly patting ourselves on the back for our amazing foresight? 😬

The melts when we drafted him were so over the top, hopefully some supporters and posters are reflecting on their abuse and overreactions at the time, and the club is being inundated with apologies and praise. The kid is going to be a star.
I thought it was stupid to take another ruck at 3 then I watched his first practice match and ate humble pie. He’s a freak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad