Prediction The entirely arbitrary and pointless Luke Jackson posterity circlejerk

What will Luke Jackson become

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How did you idiots fu** this up lol. The bet was if Oliver goes to Sydney I'd slice me dick off, couldn't give a fu** who we draft
*a bloodthirsty mob chants, increasing in volume as they approach* "We want dick, we want dick!"

How bad? Because at this point, it seems almost certain that they won't get him.

We won’t bid on Green. Won’t run the risk.

If we bid on Green they’ll pass. GWS have a lot of gun mids coming through the academy. What they don’t have are talls.

I can't wait to draft this guy and watch him finally come good after 5 development seasons just to have WCE pick him up for a third round pick because he's homesick. It's so predictable. Everyone knew Hogan was going to leave once he did a few seasons with us. This kid will be the same. I'd rather pick a kid from Vic who has a lower ceiling. At least he's less likely to bugger off. Plus we don't need a bloody ruckman! We just signed Preuss to 4 years!!! Pick a kid who at least can hit a target and has some toe. God knows we need that a hell of a lot more than an undersized ruckman from WA who's been playing the game seriously for 5 minutes! WTF are we doing???

I can't wait to draft this guy and watch him finally come good after 5 development seasons just to have WCE pick him up for a third round pick because he's homesick. It's so predictable. Everyone knew Hogan was going to leave once he did a few seasons with us. This kid will be the same. I'd rather pick a kid from Vic who has a lower ceiling. At least he's less likely to bugger off. Plus we don't need a bloody ruckman! We just signed Preuss to 4 years!!! Pick a kid who at least can hit a target and has some toe. God knows we need that a hell of a lot more than an undersized ruckman from WA who's been playing the game seriously for 5 minutes! WTF are we doing???
Hogan isn’t the prototype of WA person. they’re not born with magnets. Patrick Cripps is from WA and doesn’t look to be going anywhere. FFS Dean Kent went to Saints rather than float home. Melbourne should pick who they pick and let the chips fall where they will. I can’t wait to draft the next Jack Watts while watching the Perth guy tear the game apart for another team in contrast.

Last edited:
Hogan isn’t the prototype of WA person. they’re not born with magnets. Patrick Cripps is from WA and doesn’t look to be going anywhere. FFS Dean Kent went to Saints rather than float home. Melbourne should pick who they pick and let the chips fall where they will. I can’t wait to drift the next Jack Watts while watching the Perth guy tear the game apart for another team in contrast.
Even Jeff Garlett could have went home to WA yet chose to stay in VIC. Its because WA is a ******* hole

TBH with all the talk around Jackson I expect GC to take him with 1 or 2 along with Anderson and leaving us to pick between two inside mids we don't need. We'll bid on Green, GWS will match so we'll take Rowell who becomes the next Shane Valenti. It's Destiny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares.

If we draft him we'll get a below-average forward we trade for a ben kennedy type who will eventually retire with 150 games and a premiership playing for the Eagles.. and if we don't he'll be a hall of fame legend while whoever we do draft plays 50 unremarkable games, suffers an LTI and gets traded to Port Adelaide for a Hungry Jacks voucher.

GOAT.

Will be a couple of goal a game forward for a few years before building a tank that allows him to redefine big-bodied mid in a way not seen since Kouta. All australian in at least 2 different roles by the end of his career

Your story contains a notable absence of silverware. 30 years give/take of having the best or close to the best ruckman in the comp and have nothing to show for it, you'd think we could maybe try something different with this pick.

I don't think the Tigers are losing any sleep over missing out on Gawn with their Dustin Martin pick 3 of 2009. It's almost as if they picked up a ruckman with a junk pick years later.

Your story contains a notable absence of silverware. 30 years give/take of having the best or close to the best ruckman in the comp and have nothing to show for it, you'd think we could maybe try something different with this pick.

I don't think the Tigers are losing any sleep over missing out on Gawn with their Dustin Martin pick 3 of 2009. It's almost as if they picked up a ruckman with a junk pick years later.
Yeah it's almost as if they have a different game plan with different uses for types of players 🤔

Yeah it's almost as if they have a different game plan with different uses for types of players 🤔

They're not naive enough to think the 'dominate hit outs, centre clearances and bomb it inside 50 so often that you can't lose' gameplan is about to take the league by storm

They're not naive enough to think the 'dominate hit outs, centre clearances and bomb it inside 50 so often that you can't lose' gameplan is about to take the league by storm

Nothing you posted is a good reason to ignore who we think is the best player

Nothing you posted is a good reason to ignore who we think is the best player

How do you know we think he's the best? Maybe it's more a reflection of Weideman's inability to step up this year, that has us overly worried about 'sticky taping' a forward line together. As well as our overall ethos and preoccupation with having a great ruckman after Gawn, instead of taking the best all round footballer in terms of skill and IQ? Seems more like drafting out of fear.

How do you know we think he's the best? Maybe it's more a reflection of Weideman's inability to step up this year, that has us overly worried about 'sticky taping' a forward line together. As well as our overall ethos and preoccupation with having a great ruckman after Gawn, instead of taking the best all round footballer in terms of skill and IQ? Seems more like drafting out of fear.
If he was crap and no one wanted him we would take him at 8 or 10 or 900.

Thanks for the thoughtful response to my post which was largely tongue in cheek. You raise an interesting point.
Clearly one player isn't the answer, nor is an abundance of one type of player. That's the beauty of our game. There's no perfect mould. Teams have won flags based on dominant mids, impenetrable defences or all-powerful forward lines.
In the spirit of that, I decided to only focus my contribution to this thread on what the individual is guaranteed to achieve and not how that would increase our overall fortunes. I apologise if my omission was misconstrued as an admission of continued failure.
It may just be me, but I'd prefer to have the club fold and sever all related dicks than face that reality

Thanks for the thoughtful response to my post which was largely tongue in cheek. You raise an interesting point.
Clearly one player isn't the answer, nor is an abundance of one type of player. That's the beauty of our game. There's no perfect mould. Teams have won flags based on dominant mids, impenetrable defences or all-powerful forward lines.
In the spirit of that, I decided to only focus my contribution to this thread on what the individual is guaranteed to achieve and not how that would increase our overall fortunes. I apologise if my omission was misconstrued as an admission of continued failure.
It may just be me, but I'd prefer to have the club fold and sever all related dicks than face that reality

giphy.gif

You thinking we need something other than a ruckman seems like you're wanting us to draft based on needs rather than best available. I doubt we would be looking to draft a kid in a position we have well covered if he didn't project to be the player we rate as having the highest upside. I find it funny that you suggest we are drafting out of fear when the club has probably put in a few more hours of research on these kids than you have.

Back