Prediction The entirely arbitrary and pointless Luke Jackson posterity circlejerk

What will Luke Jackson become

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There will always be a part of me that will feel like we could have gone very deep into finals in 2017 if Gawn had been fully fit for all of it or even if we’d had Preuss playing games like he did against Carlton this year in Gawn’s absence. Just because teams have won flags without quality rucks in the past it doesn’t make them overrated. On the one hand we arguably played better football in 2017 without an AA ruck than we did in 2018 with one. On the other hand, basically the same line up didn’t make finals in 2017 but did in 2018 when you throw a ruck in.

There will always be a part of me that will feel like we could have gone very deep into finals in 2017 if Gawn had been fully fit for all of it or even if we’d had Preuss playing games like he did against Carlton this year in Gawn’s absence. Just because teams have won flags without quality rucks in the past it doesn’t make them overrated. On the one hand we arguably played better football in 2017 without an AA ruck than we did in 2018 with one. On the other hand, basically the same line up didn’t make finals in 2017 but did in 2018 when you throw a ruck in.

We should play 3 rucks. Preuss in the middle, Gawn down back as an intercepting defender, Jackson up forward. Hopefully we can get Robertson at our second pick and play him forward so that we get first hands on the ball in the forward line and make the most of Jackson's forward half hit outs.

B: Jetta - May - Salem
HB - Hibberd - Gawn - Jones
C- Brayshaw - Oliver - Langdon
Fol - Preuss - Viney - Harmes
HF: Petracca - T Mac - Melksham
F - Robertson - Jackson - VDB

Int -Lever, Sparrow, Wagner, Wagner

We wouldn't lose a hit out or clearance all year and we basically have a midfield set up in each area of the ground.

Matter of fact, we should just clear the whole forward line out and Jackson can tap it to himself and hoof it towards goals.

All jokes aside, i think this is a dumb pick by a dumb recruiter and the footballing equivalent of driving a samurai sword into ones own chest. It makes me dry retch how stupid and arrogant this club is.

All jokes aside, i think this is a dumb pick by a dumb recruiter and the footballing equivalent of driving a samurai sword into ones own chest. It makes me dry retch how stupid and arrogant this club is.

Sounds like a dumb comment from a dumb supporter who watches nowhere near as much of these kids as our recruiters. To suggest it’s arrogance picking a player they see as the best talent at the pick and who GWS would likely take at the very next pick after ours is ridiculous. Jackson looks like a potential star to me.

The kid will be a star ! Having agility and a tank for a guy this size is very rare.
Can’t wait until he puts on the red and blue

Sounds like a dumb comment from a dumb supporter who watches nowhere near as much of these kids as our recruiters. To suggest it’s arrogance picking a player they see as the best talent at the pick and who GWS would likely take at the very next pick after ours is ridiculous. Jackson looks like a potential star to me.

I am glad your comment is recorded for posterity then.

I think Green is the best talent at that pick and if we dont place a bid here then we are only hurting ourselves.

i'm a bit indifferent about taking Jackson at 3.
I think in general people get too worked up about players they don't really know that much about, and what pick they should go according the various mock drafters. you have to trust in our recruiters who have done all the work to make the right call.
but I also think that while Jackson has obvious talent, he does look a bit of a raw project player compared to some others in the mix.
I think i'd prefer us to go for Green first. watching this guy play reminds me of Oliver in the way he gathers the ball and moves through contests. should we pass up on an opportunity like that?

I think Green is the best talent at that pick and if we dont place a bid here then we are only hurting ourselves.

And your opinion stems from the countless hours you've spent studying this draft or youtube and other people's opinions?

And your opinion stems from the countless hours you've spent studying this draft or youtube and other people's opinions?

Jeez sorry everyone. Recruiters always get it right and the layman should just keep his mouth shut and not offer an opinion. Forgive me for wanting Wines over Toumpas, Oliver over Parish and now Green over Jackson.

All hail the impeccable MFC recruiting team.

Jeez sorry everyone. Recruiters always get it right and the layman should just keep his mouth shut and not offer an opinion. Forgive me for wanting Wines over Toumpas, Oliver over Parish and now Green over Jackson.

So youtube then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are about 9 or 10 Id prefer over Jackson.

He doesn't have a point. Haven't you noticed that if you express a contrarian opinion here that all you get is pointless sniping and passive aggressive comments. Who knew that no one wants a discussion on a discussion forum?!

Asking a question is pointless sniping? He's posted that he thinks it's stupid and arrogant of the club to consider picking Jackson. That's his opinion, I merely asked to see how educated it was and got my answer when he got all defensive.

Now, do you have anything to add to the thread other than pointless sniping?

Careful mate, better not have an opinion unless youve flown around the country to view dozens of u18 games and personally interviewed all the prospective draft stars...

Dry your eyes mate, playing the victim doesn't suit you. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. When your opinion paints you as knowing better than people who do this for a living, don't be surprised when you get questioned on how much you know.

November 15th of that year you said Take Parish over Oliver as he was best available. 'Posterity'

I have no problem with that. I think Jackson looks like a rare talent who’s clearance work in the middle and around the ground combined with his athletic abilities are going to be a huge asset to our team. Most big men aren’t the best kicks but people are writing him off for that.

But my comment wasn’t based on that. It was the fact you were calling the club and decision dumb and talking of arrogance (wtf?) and suicide for taking him before we’ve drafted him, before he has played a game and I assume with very limited knowledge of him or the other options. You are entitled to your opinion but it sounds a bit over the top to me.

If they take Young I’ll back them that they think he is the best available and if they take Jackson I’ll do the same and just hope it’s the right call. Go Demons!

November 15th of that year you said Take Parish over Oliver as he was best available. 'Posterity'

That old thread is an interesting read.

* I was a weirdo though

Fair catch. So i deliberated on a few options before going all in on Oliver prior to the draft, no shame in that. Lets hope Melbourne also come to their senses and avoid drafting Rake Jackson with our first pick :thumbsu:

Fair catch. So i deliberated on a few options before going all in on Oliver prior to the draft, no shame in that. Lets hope Melbourne also come to their senses and avoid drafting Rake Jackson with our first pick :thumbsu:
Haha meh I wanted Francis and Curnow. I just don't know how people get in a huff about this. I doubt anyone here has even watched a full game of Jackson so would have nfi on the kid.

Back