Prediction The entirely arbitrary and pointless Luke Jackson posterity circlejerk

What will Luke Jackson become

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of rumours flying around the splitting of 10.

If we can get 14&17 for 10&28 we apparently happy with a combo of the below

Serong, Pickett, Weightman, Kemp,

Gould, Bergman, Worrell.

Best case 2 of the top line would be available (at least one will definitely), worst case one of the bottom line would be a fall back. The names are coming from a few different areas so I thought I’d consolidate what I’m hearing.

Really putting your nuts on the line with those 7 players.

Gould, Bergman, Worrell.

Best case 2 of the top line would be available (at least one will definitely), worst case one of the bottom line would be a fall back. The names are coming from a few different areas so I thought I’d consolidate what I’m hearing.

If we got two of those listed it would lessen my Jackson melt.

Yeah, Brian Cook (Cats CEO) was on SEN this morning and basically gave away that McAsey is their no1 target. When I heard it, I immediately thought that our pick 10 was probably their best chance to get him
If the Crows pass on him he'll get to 10. Then it's Geelong's move.

Gould, Bergman, Worrell.

This would be a deadset dream result. Would genuinely be happy with any combination of 2 of those 7.

If we got two of those listed it would lessen my Jackson melt.
I don’t want anyone’s melt lessened - I expect multiple live streaming and nothing less.

I don’t want anyone’s melt lessened - I expect multiple live streaming and nothing less.

I will melt so hard Ill be live streamed on a breaking news broadcast half way through the draft.

A dream result if we got one of the 50% of the draft he named?
Named 7 of the 14 after the 3 locked in. Take 4 or 5 we know will be gone and that leaves about 2 that are gonna go in the top 17 not named. Hope we dont get those 2.

I would love Pickett or Bergman, based on what I've seen, and I'm happy to defer to the experts on Weightman. We need to get 1 of these 3 IMO - we need to add goals, and all three are consistent goal kickers.

Serong & Kemp are drifters who at different points have widely been tipped to go top 6. If we managed to get either or both of them in the teens, again based on the glimpses I've seen and what I have read, that'd be really pleasing.

Gould is somebody who has stood out to me, and I have referenced I would like, for some time - he appears a unique player who could hopefully play alongside Lever in defence for 8-10 years.

Worrell is the one I know the least about, but seeing as we're not exactly stacked for KPF, I'd be happy to use a pick on that.

To be clear, I'm no draft expert, but it's just that the 7 players Devastating Boris named are all ones who've piqued my interest in the last few months.

FWIW, the players I'm not keen on who are forecast to go in the top 30 include Ash, Flanders, Day, De Koning, Robertson, Schoenberg and Dow, for a variety of reasons. And I'm sure many, if not all of them, will go on to have great careers. Just my personal opinion champ. ;)

Can we just have 50% of the draftees?

We'll take those that are 198cm+ and/or CP > UP and/or DE% < 60

The other teams can fight it out for the scraps.

How many primary list spots do we currently have open, and is that where we'd be looking to place Bennell and/or Brown?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Named 7 of the 14 after the 3 locked in. Take 4 or 5 we know will be gone and that leaves about 2 that are gonna go in the top 17 not named. Hope we dont get those 2.

Next time I’ll post each rumour I’m hearing individually, rather than try and consolidate it.

Sounds like the GWS mock draft believes that if we trade 10, we will miss on Pickett. They believe he goes to Port, leaving one of Bergman, Weightman or Kemp available. Weightman likely goes to WB but that was assuming PA would take Bergman which of course they don’t do anymore.

All depends on how bad we want Pickett.

If not, they have us taking Jackson, Pickett, Dow.

How many primary list spots do we currently have open, and is that where we'd be looking to place Bennell and/or Brown?
We have 5, but we only have to fill 3 of those on the main list, and can fill the other two via the rookie list, which is what we'll do with Bennell and Brown ... so we'll just be taking the 3 picks tonight and tomorrow, and no action when the rookie draft rolls around

We have 5, but we only have to fill 3 of those on the main list, and can fill the other two via the rookie list, which is what we'll do with Bennell and Brown ... so we'll just be taking the 3 picks tonight and tomorrow, and no action when the rookie draft rolls around

Are we 100% into giving Brown another chance? I hope we aren't. We have a lot of talls to choose from, particularly if we draft Jackson as well, so a 1 or 2 year stopgap utility seems like insurance we don't need.

Are we 100% into giving Brown another chance? I hope we aren't. We have a lot of talls to choose from, particularly if we draft Jackson as well, so a 1 or 2 year stopgap utility seems like insurance we don't need.
I believe we've only committed to both Brown and Bennell for them to train with us, rather than guaranteeing them a spot on the list, so I don't think it's 100% no. But I'd think it's a pretty good chance, because we'd have to take someone in that list spot at some stage. At the end of the day, it's just a rookie spot

Seems like a wasted opportunity, ideal chance to roll the dice on an 18 year old kid, perfect place to be taking a chance

Oh wow - didn't realise it meant we wouldn't be in the rookie draft at all.

Wasted a lot of time and energy reading up on mature age players ha!

Thanks

I believe we've only committed to both Brown and Bennell for them to train with us, rather than guaranteeing them a spot on the list, so I don't think it's 100% no. But I'd think it's a pretty good chance, because we'd have to take someone in that list spot at some stage. At the end of the day, it's just a rookie spot

I agree its not much of a spot, but picking up a meh 29 year old with it seems totally pointless rather than rolling the dice and speculating on a young kid.

Im happy to put brown on the list, the more depth and options we have up forward next year the better, it means if Weid is in the VFL he doesnt automatically get a senior call up due to an injury.

It does cost us the chance to find the next James Harmes, just feels like the club are missing an opportunity
You could argue that Lockhart and Dunkley are our Harmes-like rookies for this season, with the added advantage of already having gotten a few games into them, and them already being a month into their preseason.

Back