Prediction The entirely arbitrary and pointless Luke Jackson posterity circlejerk

What will Luke Jackson become

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Plus, for every Harmes you find in the rookie draft, there are a dozen Filipovich's, Clibsby's and Mitch White's
Yep all fair points, for me the misses are even more reason to keep rolling the dice because the successes are few and far between, for me Brown offers very little, we know what he is and to be honest we don’t want him to play I’d personally like to see the club use the rookie spots as just that, one good play ever 3 years is better than one list clogger for 2

Yep all fair points, for me the misses are even more reason to keep rolling the dice because the successes are few and far between, for me Brown offers very little, we know what he is and to be honest we don’t want him to play I’d personally like to see the club use the rookie spots as just that, one good play ever 3 years is better than one list clogger for 2
Fair enough, and no, the aim would be for him not to get a game, but I'd prefer to have him as a break in case of emergency than rolling with a forward line of Petty and OMac or whatever abomination we rolled with this year.

Fair enough, and no, the aim would be for him not to get a game, but I'd prefer to have him as a break in case of emergency than rolling with a forward line of Petty and OMac or whatever abomination we rolled with this year.
OMac was incredible forward

He would have gotten a game this season with our injuries, so nothing wrong with having some big bodied cover when it costs you nothing.

No point planning for that many injuries; your season is down the toilet in any case. If you've got 10 blokes out injured, give a kid a crack and see how he goes.

We need goal kicking mids, small fwds, half backs, wings, more goal kicking, more speed, ruck is our least needed position. This is pretty much just the last good kick me while I'm down in regards to Melbourne. This year and now this has finished breaking me as a fan, 30 years of just utter incompetence sprinkled in with the occasional amazing talent who's then let down over and over by the recruiting department and coaches whose total ineptness and sheer stupidity just continues to astound me. as far as I'm concerned AFL mostly just exists for fantasy and betting purposes. I hope Jackson is a good 9 cat Ultimatefooty player 😐

For once we actually agree old mate.

Unless we think we are in the premiership race * having a 29 year old for depth. McDonald Weid and Gawn are all out a delisted bloke ain't dragging us over the line.

Rookie draft is for taking some risks, kids who have had trouble with the law or issues with training etc but have a high ceiling. Shouldn't be wasting them on crap like Brown.

We could easily grab Brown in the mid season draft if everyone's injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also this kid was playing for the Australian basketball side underage which ment he was prepared to move to the states.
Well he actually gave up basketball so he didn't have to move to the states and could stay in Australia with family and friends. That was widely reported.

Well he actually gave up basketball so he didn't have to move to the states and could stay in Australia with family and friends. That was widely reported.
Where's a qoute of that?
Because from his own mouth he just wasn't enjoying basketball anymore and wanted a new challenge

Where's a qoute of that?
Because from his own mouth he just wasn't enjoying basketball anymore and wanted a new challenge
Yeah thought he would do better at footy and the fact he could stay here in Australia was a big factor. No big deal, the kid picked a sport and Australia to stay in. Will post a copy of the article for you.
There didn't take long to find.

For once we actually agree old mate.

Unless we think we are in the premiership race fu** having a 29 year old for depth. McDonald Weid and Gawn are all out a delisted bloke ain't dragging us over the line.

Rookie draft is for taking some risks, kids who have had trouble with the law or issues with training etc but have a high ceiling. Shouldn't be wasting them on crap like Brown.

We could easily grab Brown in the mid season draft if everyone's injured.

Attachments

• 943E5E60-A460-4794-B7C4-B4E871A5CB66.jpeg
    943E5E60-A460-4794-B7C4-B4E871A5CB66.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 238
i thought it was a good game from Jackson. 2 contested marks, 2 goals, 14 hit outs, low possession numbers but very clean with the ball when he did get it. his movement through the ruck that last quarter was really smart for a young kid. it was a good move by Goody giving him an extended run in the ruck that last quarter when we had the game in the bag, he looked too agile for their ruckman to counter late in the game and you could see his confidence growing with every tap he won.

Unprecedented.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
BIG TIME.
Seriously though, impressive last night. Smart player and with some more strength will become very dangerous forward or rucking. Clean skills which is very nice, loved that hit of Melk in the last.

Back