Prediction The entirely arbitrary and pointless Luke Jackson posterity circlejerk

What will Luke Jackson become

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It is nice to see TK finally seeing him as a ruckman.
Either I didn't write it properly or you guys didn't read it properly, of course he's a ruck but he is so talented the club thinks he could hold his own as a midfielder
He could play any position on the ground, he's not just a 'ruck'
s**t half the time he was on the love at stoppages better than the mids

Besides his agility, what impresses me most are his skills. Really solid for a big guy. That pass to Melk at the end was a beauty. His hands are excellent also. Does have some similar traits to NicNat. Seems a mixture of NicNat(leap and energy) and Grundy(ability to play as a midfielder, especially at stoppages) in terms of style. Showing great signs already and if he can get anywhere near these two in quality, then we've picked a beauty. Maybe i see a little bit of Jeff White in him as well, especially at ruck contests with his ability to jump from behind or the side instead of wrestling with his opponent.

Also hitting the scoreboard has been a bonus and the fact he can give Gawn a decent chop out and also have the flexibility of looking dangerous down forward is huge for us and huge for Ma and also for Weid as he doesn't have to play ruck at all.

Jeff White/Nic Nat definitely the guys I thought of watching his aerial presence in the ruck, with O'Brien having to respect him and put a body on him first before trying to tap it to advantage. Competed quite well too even when he didn't get a good run at it.

Genuine gun. Didn't expect him to be this impactful already, but he's definitely best 18 for mine now. If Fritta and Weed could start converting/presenting/marking a bit better we'd be way better off. Very nice to have a CHF like him who competes in the air, but also gives you something at ground level to help Milkshakes Hannan Bennell and the like run and gun off half back.

English got monstered for years(and he still gets monstered occasionally in the ruck) before getting to his level this year; I dare say Jacko could be a little bit like a Brodie Grundy, just be an above average ruck from year 2, and take the eventual leap to superstardom once he gets 100 games of footy into his legs.

This kid looks the goods, I really didn't think he would show a whole lot this year because he looked so raw in round 1 all that time ago. Pleasantly surprised at how at home he looks at this level.

He will have games where he goes missing of course, but his movement around the ball is just bizarre for a guy his height. And he looks like he doesn't mind a bit of push and shove, it doesn't bother him. And looks like he backs himself, well he must with that haircut. Onward and upward!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, the strides he's made since round 2 are pretty epic. Probably a bit overwhelmed in that game to be fair. Seems to have adjusted to the tempo of AFL now.

Pretty exciting when you think about how little 18 year old rucks generally do in their first year. Once his body fills out it's game over.

How dare O'Brien use his advantage of strength and size!

On Mi A2 Lite using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah ruck free kicks are dumb. I saw Suns fans blowing up about Ryder jumping over Witts late in last night's game as a missed free, but there was nothing in it. No different to a slightly mistimed hanger. He was going the ball and was a fraction too early.
The whole point of ruck contests is for blokes to jump over or wrestle each other. Pulling out frees when they jump better or use their size is dumb. Bar blatant high contact or trying to dislocate shoulders they should be let go.

I liked Wednesdays game because he played well, but i liked yesterdays because he looked like he believed in himself at AFL level. Like he took all the confidence from wednesday and let it drive him higher

Probably the first ruckman since NicNat to have any sort of impact this early in his career.
Gawn had an impact of Peter Jackson share prices in his first year.

probably the #FistedForever in me but the 1yr extension has me a little concerned, I'm sure the club would have tried to lock him in for longer. hopefully just backing himself in to be worth alot more coin by the end of 2022.

Jeff Farmer leaving still obviously effects me deeply.

Back