Prediction The entirely arbitrary and pointless Luke Jackson posterity circlejerk

What will Luke Jackson become

• Total voters
Also no club would want to extend a players contract by a silly amount right now with all the uncertainty.
Collingwood say hold my beer

Have they finalised De Goey/Mihocek etc yet?
My understanding is the deals have been agreed to, but pen couldn't be put to paper until salary cap space was freed up

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
When the young guys extend their first contract, does it upgrade their initial contact. I.e. first round draft pick, 2 yr contract say $150k p.a., re-sign years 2 and add a 3rd at $200k in both years?

It’s very common now, I assume there must be some incentive for the player such as more pay in yr 2.

When the young guys extend their first contract, does it upgrade their initial contact. I.e. first round draft pick, 2 yr contract say $150k p.a., re-sign years 2 and add a 3rd at $200k in both years?

It’s very common now, I assume there must be some incentive for the player such as more pay in yr 2.
Nah you can only be paid a max of $70k pa until your third year.

jackson would have been stupid to sign for longer than an extra year, his value can only go up

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I wasn't worried but at least it puts the will he want to go home talk to bed early.
Yeah exactly. Its a fairly meaningless extension being only a year, but clubs start talking to managers around now for the following trade period, so it keeps them away for 12 months, where we'll no doubt be looking to sign him again for another few years.

Particularly important for interstate kids, and with Goatson resigned, that makes all our picks from last year - all interstaters - locked away with Kossy and Rivers signed until 2023.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah exactly. Its a fairly meaningless extension being only a year, but clubs start talking to managers around now for the following trade period, so it keeps them away for 12 months, where we'll no doubt be looking to sign him again for another few years.

Particularly important for interstate kids, and with Goatson resigned, that makes all our picks from last year - all interstaters - locked away with Kossy and Rivers signed until 2023.
Yes I think his next contract will be of decent length but this is fine.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Yes I think his next contract will be of decent length but this is fine.
Decent money too ... given this is the arbitrary circle jerk, put your money where your mouth is thread, I reckon he'll explode next year, and by midseason will become Rowell's challenger to the Rising Star

Decent money too ... given this is the arbitrary circle jerk, put your money where your mouth is thread, I reckon he'll explode next year, and by midseason will become Rowell's challenger to the Rising Star
There’s an almost unprecedented number of pre-year draftees eligible for the RS next year. Obviously 17 game season contributed but also LTIs to Rowell, Jackson and Young from the top 7 alone. McAsey, Stephens, Henry, Green, Flanders (that’s 8 of the first 11 picked still eligible), Kemp, Georgiades and Robertson could all give it a shake too. And, of course, Rivers is eligible as well. Will be tough for a 2020 draftee to win it. Rankine only played two too many games this year or it would have been really interesting.

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Nah you can only be paid a max of $70k pa until your third year.

jackson would have been stupid to sign for longer than an extra year, his value can only go up
Where did you get $75k from?

Just doing some digging now and this article says under new arrangement there was no change to the min wage of $110k p.a base salary and $85k p.a base salary for rookies.

Buy anyway, am more curious if those first deals get restructured or if capped like you say.

Where did you get $75k from?

Just doing some digging now and this article says under new arrangement there was no change to the min wage of $110k p.a base salary and $85k p.a base salary for rookies.

Buy anyway, am more curious if those first deals get restructured or if capped like you say.

Might be an outdated figure, was just going off memory. The point is though that they're definitely capped at whatever the base salary for draftees is, you can take that to the bank (where you'll find out how that draftees deposit a maximum annual wage of a base salary minus tax in their first two years).

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Screenshot_20201204-135754_Instagram.jpg

Back