No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this day... **** Essendon* and **** the AFL for playing a team that thinks that they have to cheat to succeed on a day dedicated to the brave ANZACs who gave everything for honesty and freedom in Australia. That the media is all over Essendon as brave is an insult to those brave men who really did sacrifice their all for us! Essendon have sacrificed nothing over the last 24 years and they are still being called "brave" in the media... they are ******* cowards!

So... once again... **** Essendon*. They are not brave, they are not honourable... they are serial cheats who demean everything about today!

Mate I hate these scum more than anything all I was saying is the corruptAFL has let it go on so rather than everyone get uppity about it let it go and let the day be about the Anzacs not about cheating scum.

Need to start letting go of this. Nothing is going to change now. All the pent up hate does nothing. Players missed a year. Other than media noise its done.

Was a pretty good game today, a bit scrappy but i love games in the wet.. Essendon and Collingwood werr innovative in pushing the idea let it be.
no

Yes, they built the day up as part of the fixture. But, the AFL should have agreed for maybe a 5 year deal, then allowed other teams to be part of it. Anzac Day is a very special day to all Australians and to have any 2 teams monopolise it isn't right. FFS we'll have some young kids growing up associating AD as pies vs * when it's far from the focus of the day. The second point has been well discussed in prior posts as to whether such a team has the right to represent the spirit of the day.

Yes, they built the day up as part of the fixture. But, the AFL should have agreed for maybe a 5 year deal, then allowed other teams to be part of it. Anzac Day is a very special day to all Australians and to have any 2 teams monopolise it isn't right. FFS we'll have some young kids growing up associating AD as pies vs * when it's far from the focus of the day. The second point has been well discussed in prior posts as to whether such a team has the right to represent the spirit of the day.
1. Its a traditional game. Why change it and bastardise it? Lets have brisbane play fremantle that will get a crowd to do the day proud. Ess and Coll are traditional rivals.
2. If kids recognise Anzac Day as pies vs bombers then i would suggest they arent listening at school.
3. See my post before, it is just petty hate now.

Where is the "don't like" button when you need one.

;)

don't wear it out
don-t-like-button-vector.jpg

1. Its a traditional game. Why change it and bastardise it? Lets have brisbane play fremantle that will get a crowd to do the day proud. Ess and Coll are traditional rivals.
2. If kids recognise Anzac Day as pies vs bombers then i would suggest they arent listening at school.
3. See my post before, it is just petty hate now.
1. I always thought a GF replay would suit but Raging Blue had a better suggestion of the 2 top ranked Victorian teams of the previous year. Why change it? Because no 2 teams should own it.
2. I'm not saying they will recognise them as Anzac Day but strongly associate them with Anzac Day.
3. * should have thought about a thing called consequences.

So over the top Dram.
The two really shouldn't be put together just because the game is played on some hyped-up day.

Essendon cheated and got punished (to a point) We cheated and got punished (but just to a different point)

Are we seriously going to lose our s**t every time something good for Essendon pops up? Are we really going to be that petty?
Well said.

1. I always thought a GF replay would suit but Raging Blue had a better suggestion of the 2 top ranked Victorian teams of the previous year. Why change it? Because no 2 teams should own it.
2. I'm not saying they will recognise them as Anzac Day but strongly associate them with Anzac Day.
3. * should have thought about a thing called consequences.
1. I like tradition. See your point but will never agree so will stop here.
2. Fair enough.
3. Correctly or incorrectly they have served the punishments given. The only ones suffering consequences now are the ones with ongoing anger who cant let go of it.

Until every player and every official that had any association with this illegal performance enhancing drug program has left then I'll never let anyone forget.

And if still (15 years later) have to hear constantly jibes about brown paper bags, both in the media and the crowd, and listen to the guffaws and laughter, then these pieces of excrement are going to get commensurate reminders about Essendon's period of shame.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. I like tradition. See your point but will never agree so will stop here.
2. Fair enough.
3. Correctly or incorrectly they have served the punishments given. The only ones suffering consequences now are the ones with ongoing anger who cant let go of it.
Yeah, but you're being too mature about all of this where i'm happy jumping up and down like a little kid. One thing to remember for the hate is * were experimenting with young men under their care, just to try and win a game of sport. This can't be taken lightly and that's where the hate comes from. I see your point, it's in the past, time to move on, but it will take at least until all involved are gone for me.

Yeah, but you're being too mature about all of this where i'm happy jumping up and down like a little kid. One thing to remember for the hate is * were experimenting with young men under their care, just to try and win a game of sport. This can't be taken lightly and that's where the hate comes from. I see your point, it's in the past, time to move on, but it will take at least until all involved are gone for me.
Not much can be done about them now as the AFL are just as corrupt as * were and are still . To allow this ticket pricing fiasco to happen for a massive windfall for the clubs and the AFL is disgusting . Only thing the rank and file can do is just turn off whenever * are involved . I see them play twice a year when we play them otherwise they dont exist and TBH why any Carlton supporter would watch an * game that doesnt involve Carlton is bewildering to me .

So over the top Dram.
The two really shouldn't be put together just because the game is played on some hyped-up day.

Essendon cheated and got punished (to a point) We cheated and got punished (but just to a different point)

Are we seriously going to lose our s**t every time something good for Essendon pops up? Are we really going to be that petty?
So what do we do... sit back and make no comment as a bunch of serial cheats who have sacrificed nothing gets a high paying game on a day of national importance.

And as for thylacine60, can you let him know that opinions are like arseholes... everyone has one... and not everyone is interested in hearing them! If he doesn't like my opinions, he doesn't have to act all offended that I have an opinion that is harsher than most peoples... because him being offended doesn't mean I have to be apologetic and change my opinion because he is offended!

Whatever happened to that Mxett fellow. Put up a good fight and a hell of a lot of time

Geez he fought the good fight!! He was the Washington Generals of the Supplements Saga Board! Just kept fronting up!!:p

Meh...we got done for salary cap cheating when? And I still get crap from opposition supporters (* supporters are pretty much top of the list of clubs who dish it out)for being cheats.
I'll dish it when and where I want too.
This mob cheated above and beyond pretty much anything I've seen in sport - they deserve a bit of lip considering they're happy to dish it out...and have done nothing to help themselves (both club and supporters) with the majority deflecting at every opportunity.
I won't go out of my way and seek an argument, but I'll stand firm for my beliefs, my club and the game. I know that may sound hypocritical from an * point of view...but I don't give a flying 'whatever' and don't care whether people agree with me or not.
Whilst those that cheated still play...I will hold a grudge. And will never understand how the AFL and media can put these cheats on a pedestal! Any other sport and they'd be treated differently - absurd!
To each their own...

What have they got away with. Players were banned. Anyway i dont see this ending well off to read about the bluebaggers!!!

Essendon with there delaying tactics and with the complicit assistance of the AFL were allowed to "manage" most of there dirty players off their list.

Finally when their players were finally banned, the AFL rewarded them with lower draft picks than they would have had if those players were available.

They got away with plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back