Peptides! The *Essendrug Dopers: come smell the bull****! -PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Celebrating the 2019 flag I think.

Didn't you see their trade week and drafting of Mosquito? The flag is theirs.
This is the 3rd preseason in a row that they’ve won after trading in 1 player.

They’re St Kilda without the white.

LRobbo

All Australian
Jan 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dylan Shiel has gone from a player that isn’t an A grader according to some footy experts during trade week, to now being the player that helps * get to the top 4.
I can’t wait to watch their unaccountable midfield leak goals like a tap again next year.
Mid table side still, that beat up on poor teams at Etihad.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Let's see what Shiel can do now that he's not behind Kelly, Coniglio and Ward in the midfield pecking order.

There's just no denying that he's a quality midfielder, but when you're part of a deep rotation with two players that are definitely superior, and one that is arguable superior, then you don't have as many opportunities to shine.

Our very own Tom Mitchell has shown everyone what can happen when a great player moves out of the shadow of others and becomes a key figure. So to that end I believe that Shiel will really show his worth at Essendon, unfortunately, where only Zerrett is a superior mid currently.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
That Mosquitto fist pump was a friggen laugh, what a dead s**t of bloke, I can't wait for further faiulure from the drug cheating, salary cap rorting filth. I wonder when the AFL will look into the compensation payments used as salary cap relief?

More than comfortable passing on mosquito and taking kosi instead. Love the addition of Walker as well, something about this kid.

According to the media we passed on the next Rioli, and it could bite us in the a$$. Well firstly Rioli went at pick 12 - would have easily gone top 10 had he not interviewed so poorly. Mosquito is a very very speculative pick and we rated him as a rookie at best.

This is the 3rd preseason in a row that they’ve won after trading in 1 player.

They’re St Kilda without the white.
No. The white is their flag.

aussie80s

All Australian
Jan 12, 2008
The Mountain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wolves, Packers, Celtic, Box Hill
More than comfortable passing on mosquito and taking kosi instead. Love the addition of Walker as well, something about this kid.

According to the media we passed on the next Rioli, and it could bite us in the a$$. Well firstly Rioli went at pick 12 - would have easily gone top 10 had he not interviewed so poorly. Mosquito is a very very speculative pick and we rated him as a rookie at best.
Had we matched that bid we would have had to have given our two picks to get the points and drop to the end of the draft for our 2nd pick. This was most likely Essendon's plan as they probably had a player in mind later in the draft that they were concerned we would also go for.

With the amount of small forwards on our list we were never going to give up that high a pick when we needed a key position player.

When I saw the footage of the Dodo fist pump it immediately looked like someone who had gambled and lost but knew the cameras were on him so he had to put on a brave face as if he got what he wanted. Maybe he was seeking revenge for parting with a first round pick for Mark Williams which we promptly gave to Port Adelaide to seal the Shaun Burgoyne trade.

Have a look at the blokes around him for the true reaction of what happened.

1548765193932.png

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2010
Above the floodline
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Had we matched that bid we would have had to have given our two picks to get the points and drop to the end of the draft for our 2nd pick. This was most likely Essendon's plan as they probably had a player in mind later in the draft that they were concerned we would also go for.

With the amount of small forwards on our list we were never going to give up that high a pick when we needed a key position player.

When I saw the footage of the Dodo fist pump it immediately looked like someone who had gambled and lost but knew the cameras were on him so he had to put on a brave face as if he got what he wanted. Maybe he was seeking revenge for parting with a first round pick for Mark Williams which we promptly gave to Port Adelaide to seal the Shaun Burgoyne trade.

Have a look at the blokes around him for the true reaction of what happened.

View attachment 593926

I think you’re reading far far too much in this. Essendon liked Irving and were dead set on making a play for him. That’s OK. Dodoro was relived and happy to nab him. That’s OK too.
We made a choice based on our priorities - we desperately needed a class fullback who’ll play 200 games. And we got him.

No need to get bitter and twisted about Essendon getting Irving.
And I sincerely hope that our supporters won’t for some illogical reason get a fix against Mozzie because he’s become an Essendon footballer. He’s a genuine and talented kid and I hope he’s a raging success.

Oct 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Atlanta Braves, Falcons, Everton
I think you’re reading far far too much in this. Essendon liked Irving and were dead set on making a play for him. That’s OK.
Well put Miss, the druggies really needed a small forward and a fresh recruit that the marketing department can get behind and mould into "the next big thing" now that the sheen of Sir James has somewhat worn off. We needed a tall defender or forward so much more than we needed Irv, so we wish him well in his AFL career. That's the Hawthorn way, we don't pay overs for speculative picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have an endless supply of Koolaid at “we is Essindun”.

Can’t wait for the “irrefutable truth”....

The gift that keeps on giving...

Remember life Before Fogdog? It all seems so distant and unreal now

Last edited:

I might have had some fun with this guy (and some of his mates) earlier in the week on twitter.

The gift that keeps on giving...

Remember life Before Fogdog? It all seems so distant and unreal now

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
The best part is 10,000 of these mouth-breathers want an enquiry so that it can all be re-hashed and we can relive all their backpedaling, stalling, rug-lifting....

* I hope they get it!

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Happened to have lunch with an Essendon supporter last week. He was trying to make out it wasn't that bad, no positive tests, etc.. His face fell a little when I mentioned the players had declared panadol, but not one of them declared offsite injections of an "unknown" substance. To his credit, he said, "Okay, I guess that means they knew what they were doing".

Happened to have lunch with an Essendon supporter last week. He was trying to make out it wasn't that bad, no positive tests, etc.. His face fell a little when I mentioned the players had declared panadol, but not one of them declared offsite injections of an "unknown" substance. To his credit, he said, "Okay, I guess that means they knew what they were doing".
We have a winner.

There is no real response to this point

The options are:
1. They all forgot to write it on their form
2. They believed they were taking something illegal and were trying to hide it from ASADA/WADA
3. They believed they were taking something legal, but right on the border of legal and illegal so thought they had better not tell ASADA/WADA in case it was illegal
3. They believed they were taking something legal, but right on the border of legal and illegal so thought they had better not tell ASADA/WADA as they were worried that ASADA/WADA would decide to catch them for taking something that was almost illegal but wasn't illegal
5. They believed they were taking something legal but didn't want to tell anyone including ASADA/WADA as they thought that ASADA/WADA might tell the other AFL clubs about what Essendon were doing

1 is silly - they didn't all forget
2 is believable - it's exactly what you'd do if you were taking something illegal
3 is believable - and this is also a problem, you can't take a substance you suspect might be illegal
4 is not really believable - ASADA/WADA aren't going to punish you for things that actually are legal. Even if a player might be unsure of this, the EFC would know perfectly well that it's ok to tell ASADA/WADA about a substance that is legal
5 is not believable - ASADA/WADA aren't going to encourage other clubs to use substances that are borderline illegal

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There is no real response to this point

The options are:
1. They all forgot to write it on their form
2. They believed they were taking something illegal and were trying to hide it from ASADA/WADA
3. They believed they were taking something legal, but right on the border of legal and illegal so thought they had better not tell ASADA/WADA in case it was illegal
3. They believed they were taking something legal, but right on the border of legal and illegal so thought they had better not tell ASADA/WADA as they were worried that ASADA/WADA would decide to catch them for taking something that was almost illegal but wasn't illegal
5. They believed they were taking something legal but didn't want to tell anyone including ASADA/WADA as they thought that ASADA/WADA might tell the other AFL clubs about what Essendon were doing

1 is silly - they didn't all forget
2 is believable - it's exactly what you'd do if you were taking something illegal
3 is believable - and this is also a problem, you can't take a substance you suspect might be illegal
4 is not really believable - ASADA/WADA aren't going to punish you for things that actually are legal. Even if a player might be unsure of this, the EFC would know perfectly well that it's ok to tell ASADA/WADA about a substance that is legal
5 is not believable - ASADA/WADA aren't going to encourage other clubs to use substances that are borderline illegal

6. They didn't really think about it, didn't think enhancements were really an issue, never thought they would really be given something that was banned, and gave into peer/superior pressure and didn't write anything on the declaration forms.

In other words: ignorant, irresponsible and immature. Oh, and guilty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back