Peptides! The *Essendrug Dopers: come smell the bull****! -PART 2

Jan 29, 2010
Above the floodline
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Formal apology to Mack Horton ....

He Is A Big Demons Fan
Horton had two reasons to celebrate – he won his first ever Olympic Gold Medal and his beloved Melbourne Demons scored an upset victory over Hawthorn.

It is fair to say that Melbourne have not had a great deal of success since Horton was born in 1996 – Melbourne’s win over Hawthorn was just their seventh victory over the Hawks since Horton has been alive.

https://www.ladbrokes.com.au/?a=574141&c=2/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Melbourne-Demons-e1470634311356.png

Aug 11, 2013
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona
This morning Triple M(Eddie and Darcy) were talking about how great Horton’s stand against drugs in sport was and how they wanted to show their support by sponsoring him.

You’ve got to laugh.
Yes, all these media c**kroaches who have chosen to be quiet about the Scum injectors but then open their mouths on matters regarding other sports.

Yes, all these media c**kroaches who have chosen to be quiet about the Scum injectors but then open their mouths on matters regarding other sports.
In other countries, when athletes refuse to report what they are injected with to drug testers we call them “drug cheats” involved in systematic doping.

Russia
China
East Germany

In Australia though, we call it a “supplements scandal” and we make excuses for the poor duped players who had no idea what they were injected with for weeks on end.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
LOL at Carey the flog on talking footy just now. This is the first time I've bothered to turn this nonsense on this season, and I have regretted that decision within 3 minutes.

LOL at Carey the flog on talking footy just now. This is the first time I've bothered to turn this nonsense on this season, and I have regretted that decision within 3 minutes.
Please give us an overview so that we may also laugh

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Basketball superstars Andrew Bogut and Ben Simmons are big * supporters.

Generally * supporters don't care that their players got done by CAS/WADA, they think it was all an innocent mistake. :rolleyes:

If you're going to have Hawk supporters from the basketball world just go straight to royalty.
Mr Andrew Gaze.
I need say no more or give no s**t about what some other tosser b/ballers have lost their paths to.

Last edited:
Anyone have any thoughts on swimmer Shayna Jack's positive test? Just another "innocent mistake" (to do with her diet), apparently.

And we wonder why the rest of the world see us as hypocrites... :rolleyes:

B&GBlood

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone have any thoughts on swimmer Shayna Jack's positive test? Just another "innocent mistake" (to do with her diet), apparently.

What are the facts? Do you know? Can you judge before knowing the facts?
How is an individuals stance based upon their own integrity questioned because a team mate stuffs up?
Was Mack Haughton slamming the whole Chinese team? Did the Chinese swimmer smash the vial? Does that seem suss?
Have Communist countires been involved in systemic dopping in the past?
Do we know that freedom of speach is less "free" in communist countries?
Could that make it harder to uncover state sanctioned systemic doping?

Are we hypocrites or just waiting for more info?
Whatever happens, she will be banned for the forseeable future and perhaps forever. She can't compete and has not competed with any cloud over her performance due to the testing regime she is part off and has never avoided or destroyed test samples. Can the same be said of the Chinese bloke?

Hong Kong Hawk

All Australian
Aug 1, 2015
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Brom

I think she steps out of competition until the investigation is complete, and then serves her time. Maybe it was done by mistake, but the athlete is responsible for what goes on their body. No sympathy however.

BobDay

Senior List
Feb 2, 2010
City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This morning Triple M(Eddie and Darcy) were talking about how great Horton’s stand against drugs in sport was and how they wanted to show their support by sponsoring him.

You’ve got to laugh.
I am pretty sure that Darcy was a customer of drug trafficker and dope supplier Shane Charters...
along with fellow luminaries James Hird, Shane Woewodin and some others

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If I were a professional athlete there is absolutely no ******* way I use any supplement that isn’t strictly endorsed for us by a respected body. This stuff needs to be regularly tested to ensure the manufacture is sticking to their ingredients list.

A certain shady class of supplement manufacturer will deliberately put peds into their supplements so body builders will start spreading the word about awe incredible the results are. Sales go up, peds come out before regulators notice.

So there is a reason to believe that a naive athlete could hear about the latest and greatest supplement and order it online and get great results and get busted for peds. But equally a cynically view is that an athlete could be aware of the shady practices of some manufactures and go looking for a supplement that fits the profile. No way to know which one an athlete is so even where the manufavturer includes unlabelled ingredients you have to ban them.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I am pretty sure that Darcy was a customer of drug trafficker and dope supplier Shane Charters...
along with fellow luminaries James Hird, Shane Woewodin and some others

Didn't know Darcy was also on the stuff and living in the Footscray area surprised as no one has ever mentioned it, would have put Paul Couch as exhibit 3 (RIP and that's what this stuff can cause) with JH and SW, but that is interesting news about Darcy.

Darcy's hotels on the other hand, thought that was just for profit living in the area many have said that profit is more important to him and his family. But the gas nobody has ever said he was on it; ever. I don't like the w***er, tosspot that he is on TV (and he's the biggest) but I would have expected someone would have given him up living over here and no one has 4 him doing it. But they've inferred he has a blind eye if it's profitable elsewise as long as he's not involved.

Seeing him a few times in spandex on his bike he actually comes off as a clean freak with everything in his life personally.

Tbf I don’t think anyone has accepted her story.
She should have said “maybe contaminated food” but it’s still in my body therefore I accept the ban.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood

So we judge an entire nation on the actions of a few? Mack Horton's protest wasn't against China, it was about Sun Yang. Surely someone is permitted to take a stand against drugs in sport and not be made accountable for the actions of another Aussie swimmer.

She serves her time and then tries to make her way back on the team but history will always show her as a cheat and Horton can refuse to march with her if she’s back on the team

I didnt agree with Hortons mini protest
The guy had served his time and it was up to WADA or the international swim organisation to determine whether he swims or not, not Horton. Wonder what he would of done if the podium positions had been reversed

I’ve learnt over the years that you should be in possession of all facts before you take a stand or voice an opinion

B&GBlood

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
She serves her time and then tries to make her way back on the team but history will always show her as a cheat and Horton can refuse to march with her if she’s back on the team

The guy had served his time and it was up to WADA or the international swim organisation to determine whether he swims or not, not Horton. Wonder what he would of done if the podium positions had been reversed

I’ve learnt over the years that you should be in possession of all facts before you take a stand or voice an opinion
Couch what did you think of SAM Mitchell’s syringe protest? Did he need to grasp anymore facts?
In the interests of fair play I have no problem with Horton taking a stand. Rayleen Boyle was haunted by her struggle against the East German cheats. If she had made a statement at the time she may have felt better within herself.

BobDay

Senior List
Feb 2, 2010
City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Didn't know Darcy was also on the stuff and living in the Footscray area surprised as no one has ever mentioned it, would have put Paul Couch as exhibit 3 (RIP and that's what this stuff can cause) with JH and SW, but that is interesting news about Darcy.

Darcy's hotels on the other hand, thought that was just for profit living in the area many have said that profit is more important to him and his family. But the gas nobody has ever said he was on it; ever. I don't like the w***er, tosspot that he is on TV (and he's the biggest) but I would have expected someone would have given him up living over here and no one has 4 him doing it. But they've inferred he has a blind eye if it's profitable elsewise as long as he's not involved.

Seeing him a few times in spandex on his bike he actually comes off as a clean freak with everything in his life personally.
ESSENDON coach James Hird was questioned by police in 2004 about a biochemist - known as Dr Ageless - who was later jailed for major drug offences and has been linked to the club's supplements program.
Fairfax Media can reveal that Hird and fellow Brownlow Medallist Shane Woewodin and other stars, including Bulldogs Luke Darcy, Scott West and Simon Garlick, were listed as prosecution witnesses for Shane Charter's trial in 2006.
Shane Charter, Dr Ageless, outside the County Court this week.

Shane Charter, Dr Ageless, outside the County Court this week.CREDIT:WAYNE TAYLOR
It is believed the players' evidence was needed to rebut Charter's possible explanation that money seized, including more than $500,000 cash, came from legitimate work as a personal trainer and dietary adviser.
They were not ultimately called because Charter later pleaded guilty to charges of importing pseudoephedrine - with an estimated street-level value of between $13 million and $30 million - and ephedrine, trafficking a commercial quantity of pseudoephedrine and trafficking mostly steroid agents including testosterone and nandrolone.

Couch what did you think of SAM Mitchell’s syringe protest? Did he need to grasp anymore facts?
In the interests of fair play I have no problem with Horton taking a stand. Rayleen Boyle was haunted by her struggle against the East German cheats. If she had made a statement at the time she may have felt better within herself.

Touché
I found it amusing
Still didn’t enjoy Hortons but you are right - I would have to say I’m being selective in my faux outrage

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s a single swimmer. Not the first or last time someone, even an Aussie, will be caught at the edge and breaking rules.

Come back and condemn the whole team when they start up a systemic doping program like the Russian track team or Essendon. It’s inappropriate to go all righteous on the entire team.

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan

Horton's protest was about swimming against someone that was still under investigation. From what I could gather.

Dragz

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Launceston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If I were a professional athlete there is absolutely no ******* way I use any supplement that isn’t strictly endorsed for us by a respected body. This stuff needs to be regularly tested to ensure the manufacture is sticking to their ingredients list.

A certain shady class of supplement manufacturer will deliberately put peds into their supplements so body builders will start spreading the word about awe incredible the results are. Sales go up, peds come out before regulators notice.

So there is a reason to believe that a naive athlete could hear about the latest and greatest supplement and order it online and get great results and get busted for peds. But equally a cynically view is that an athlete could be aware of the shady practices of some manufactures and go looking for a supplement that fits the profile. No way to know which one an athlete is so even where the manufavturer includes unlabelled ingredients you have to ban them.

I've always thought that the ASADA should be the one stop actual shop for medicines and supplements. All Clubs/Sporting Teams/Individuals should get their meds/supps/whatevers directly from them. Then there isn't an issue.

I've always thought that the ASADA should be the one stop actual shop for medicines and supplements. All Clubs/Sporting Teams/Individuals should get their meds/supps/whatevers directly from them. Then there isn't an issue.
That's a great idea until you consider the cost of funding this with government funding.

Dragz

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Launceston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's a great idea until you consider the cost of funding this with government funding.

Suppliers make money from this stuff, so would these guys you'd imagine. Outside of that though, the other option would be having certified Asada suppliers perhaps?
Either way, the "So Bravers" would stuff it up at some stage anyway

Back