Peptides! The *Essendrug Dopers: come smell the bull****! -PART 2

Perhaps you fine people can help me understand something...

If we assume that a conspiracy is in fact true and correct, and that the Essendon FC were nothing more than unfortunate and desperately unlucky.

Who were the perpetrators of the conspiracy, and how did they stand to profit from said conspiracy? In a way that makes logical sense and passes the BS test (ie, "it was Demetrioo because he hates Essendon's success" doesn't.)

Ta
I saw a good one today from a Bombre....

“WADA wanted a team kill!”

Jan 29, 2010
Above the floodline
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The last thing we want right now is Greg Baum in today's Age shooting down the Herald Sun's ASADA / AFL / the players are innocent / conspiracy.
Please don't spoil our ongoing fun by giving us facts and reason.

The very last thing we need is for Baum to remind us of facts like -

In an interview with The Age's Nick McKenzie at the time, Dank breezily admitted to administering Thymosin Beta-4, not knowing it was banned. Dank has never answered to anyone, and is now persona non grata everywhere, leaving some waters permanently muddied.

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The last thing we want right now is Greg Baum in today's Age shooting down the Herald Sun's ASADA / AFL / the players are innocent / conspiracy.
Please don't spoil our ongoing fun by giving us facts and reason.

The very last thing we need is for Baum to remind us of facts like -

In an interview with The Age's Nick McKenzie at the time, Dank breezily admitted to administering Thymosin Beta-4, not knowing it was banned. Dank has never answered to anyone, and is now persona non grata everywhere, leaving some waters permanently muddied.
I liked the kicker at the end about the players...

"They were victims of a club's desperate ambition, gross mismanagement and poor internal and external advice, but not categorically of injustice."

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Essendon just never ceases to amaze me. Despite all the irrefutable evidence indicating their role in an illegal activity, and despite all their interim actions where they made copious attempts to cover their tracks and prevent evidence from being released, and despite the fact they were found guilty, fined and players suspended for 12 months, they still expect the football world to believe they played no part in the saga.

What special kind of idiot is running things at that club? Here's a club that wishes the issue would be put to bed, and yet they continue to open old wounds by protesting their innocence. All they ever needed to do was what Cronulla did in the NRL. Admit what they did was wrong, take their penalty, and then move on. Hardly anyone talks about Cronulla's drug issue, but the Essendon situation is still fresh in peoples' minds. Why? Because Essendon continues to insult our intelligence.

This will never go away so long as that club refuses to own up to their role in the entire sordid affair. The fact there are sections of the media prepared to play the conspiracy card just reinforces my thoughts about the lack of integrity in the media.

Essendon just never ceases to amaze me. Despite all the irrefutable evidence indicating their role in an illegal activity, and despite all their interim actions where they made copious attempts to cover their tracks and prevent evidence from being released, and despite the fact they were found guilty, fined and players suspended for 12 months, they still expect the football world to believe they played no part in the saga.

What special kind of idiot is running things at that club? Here's a club that wishes the issue would be put to bed, and yet they continue to open old wounds by protesting their innocence. All they ever needed to do was what Cronulla did in the NRL. Admit what they did was wrong, take their penalty, and then move on. Hardly anyone talks about Cronulla's drug issue, but the Essendon situation is still fresh in peoples' minds. Why? Because Essendon continues to insult our intelligence.

This will never go away so long as that club refuses to own up to their role in the entire sordid affair. The fact there are sections of the media prepared to play the conspiracy card just reinforces my thoughts about the lack of integrity in the media.
They're probably not trying to convince people like us who have followed it all very closely over the years. They'd just be trying to convince the majority of people in general. The type of people who won't know much more about the whole thing than what they read in The Herald Sun or have been told by other people (likely to be most frequently Essendon supporters). They'll just keep flooding the media with the story of their innocence and eventually those types of people will just start accepting that as being the truth.

I don’t see the value in continuing to beat this dead horse.
121613_1703_therumorsof1.jpg

Love Jobe comment of dig deeper! Why, did they bury the records under the goal square at windy hill you sock puppet!!! Instead of sitting in New York with your hush money, show some leadership and testicular foriitude for once!!! Put the young players you have failed ahead of you and your stain of a club reputation and tell what really happened!!!

I don’t think it’s the club
I think it’s their deadbeat supporters keep trying to prove their innocence
The club knows they cheated

Deadbeat supporters inclusive of an entire ******* newspaper that dedicated its front page to Jab’s inane tweet - conveniently ignoring ASADA’s official announcement that the Hun’s findings amounted to two fifths of bugger all.

But yes, let’s dedicate a front page to a singular tweet from a convicted cheat and only person to be stripped of a Brownlow medal. Good thing Benson knows how to dig already - because his owner hasn’t got a shred of leadership skills to teach him any new tricks.

Hong Kong Hawk

All Australian
Aug 1, 2015
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Brom
Love Jobe comment of dig deeper! Why, did they bury the records under the goal square at windy hill you sock puppet!!! Instead of sitting in New York with your hush money, show some leadership and testicular foriitude for once!!! Put the young players you have failed ahead of you and your stain of a club reputation and tell what really happened!!!
Actually Jobe told his dog to do this - In addressing his dog in this manner, Jobe is now communicating with a being somewhat closer to his own intelligence level

Actually Jobe told his dog to do this - In addressing his dog in this manner, Jobe is now communicating with a being somewhat closer to his own intelligence level

That's a bit insulting. I don't think Benson is nearly as stupid as Jab is.

Hemmingway drank to make people more interesting. Robbo drinks to make his articles more interesting. Never stops a good red from getting in the way of a true story.
Front bar logic. Never stopped me - nor many of my drinking companions.

Lord_Espos

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
49ers, Mets, Pistons, B.Bruins.

Jack Gun Cyril Stun

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

That’s what makes it all so entertsining. Club knew what happened, but ran with the deny deny deny damage control model which blew up in their face to epic proportions (meanwhile it blew away like a fart in the wind for fessed up Cronulla) and since have spent a good 5 years managing the fallout only for buffoonery like this to re-emerge.

Back