The Eternal Punting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair autocol was tagged here. I was just s**t stirring, if tagged in here he has every right to express his opinion.
So that was all your fault?

Why didn't I know that instantly? Now I'm gunna have to trawl back and take my likes back because I was liking on a false premise

And for his tldr; post he does make some good points, missing some key points also but i cant be arsed having a "im right and youre wrong" discussion on the whole thing. More people do lose than win of the punt, but if you get some enjoyment out of it and arent a complete **** with your money its all good.

Anyway, im just here for the bets, my two bets this weekend as mentioned in the General AFL Discussion thread:

Adelaide -28.5 @ $1.92 4U
Melbourne -31.5 @ $1.92 1.5U

Those Queensland teams :$

Will be adding:

Dogs + whatevs 0.5U (20.5 best i can find at the moment but will wait til closer to game time, think the line will continue to grow)

Last edited:
So that was all your fault?

Why didn't I know that instantly? Now I'm gunna have to trawl back and take my likes back because I was liking on a false premise

No, it was my partner in crime Topkent .. he's here to * s**t up and rattle some cages :thumbsu:

Theseventhhamster I know we're avoiding the holier-than-thou stuff, but could you put something in the OP about gambling responsibly and perhaps the gamblers help number? It would make me feel better about it even though I am fine with the thread itself

And for his tldr; post he does make some good points, missing some key points also but i cant be arsed having a "im right and youre wrong" discussion on the whole thing. More people do lose than win of the punt, but if you get some enjoyment out of it and arent a complete **** with your money its all good.

Anyway, im just here for the bets, my two bets this weekend as mentioned in the General AFL Discussion thread:

Adelaide -28.5 @ $1.92 4U
Melbourne -31.5 @ $1.92 1.5U

Those Queensland teams :$

Will be adding:

Dogs + whatevs 0.5U (20.5 best i can find at the moment but will wait til closer to game time, think the line will continue to grow)
When did you get the -28.5 for Adelaide ? I was happy when I got them 40+ @ $1.65 on Tuesday

When did you get the -28.5 for Adelaide ? I was happy when I got them 40+ @ $1.65 on Tuesday

Last Wednesday

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 8.11.56 PM.png

I like us (and have already had a bet) next week against Port @ $2 (ladbrokes)

Depending on results, I think the line against the Hawks for us (+32.5) could be good value.

Considering we have been beaten to a bloody pulp for as long as i can remember by them (at least of recent times) i wont be going anywhere near that game.

I get that we have improved and they are on a decline but teams that hold over another im very cautious backing against.

Much in the same way we do Richmong, yet for some reason we still always come up as outsiders. I no complain. :)

Considering we have been beaten to a bloody pulp for as long as i can remember by them (at least of recent times) i wont be going anywhere near that game.

I get that we have improved and they are on a decline but teams that hold over another im very cautious backing against.

Much in the same way we do Richmong, yet for some reason we still always come up as outsiders. I no complain. :)

Wouldn't multi it up, but if that line keeps going up I think it is worth a crack. We are going to beat them eventually and I think we'll knock off a top side this year.

Wouldn't multi it up, but if that line keeps going up I think it is worth a crack. We are going to beat them eventually and I think we'll knock off a top side this year.

Its not gospel but its rule i use: Dont back teams who have recent history of getting belted by a side until the pattern changes. That doesnt mean im rushing out to back the Hawks, just a match id rather sit out of.

I hope youre right and you very well could be, just a little quirk that i abide by though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not gospel but its rule i use: Dont back teams who have recent history of getting belted by a side until the pattern changes. That doesnt mean im rushing out to back the Hawks, just a match id rather sit out of.

I hope youre right and you very well could be, just a little quirk that i abide by though.

Pretty good rule IMO, can definitely see where you are coming from.

Sydney H2H this week at 2.40 I think is a good bet, Hawks haven't been exactly dominant this year and the Swans have the weapons to beat them. Port at a line of +17.5 home to WCE looks decent value.

Pretty good rule IMO, can definitely see where you are coming from.

Sydney H2H this week at 2.40 I think is a good bet, Hawks haven't been exactly dominant this year and the Swans have the weapons to beat them. Port at a line of +17.5 home to WCE looks decent value.

Both matches im avoiding.

If i was going to have a bet on Haw vs SYD, i agree id back Sydney also. Think Hawthorn should be favs but $2.40 seems overs for Sydney.

WCE vs Port i dont know what to make of, Eagles won against them at AO last year (I remember cause i backed them and they were $4.50, happy times). They (WC) have been diarrhea on the road this year but against sides that are much better than Poort are. No idea, absolutely no idea. If i was forced to have a bet id probably just back WCE 1-39, but i wont be, hate the game.

Last edited:
A few dicey ones this week. I originally thought hawks at MCG but roughy will either hurt or inspire. I can't pick it. If hodge was in then no question but just not sure.
I thought Eagles to put an almighty rimming on Port as I've said all year they are junk. More I think the less confident I am.
Originally thought tigers but who knows. They're junk also.
I like us to beat the line by its is us we're talking about.
Dogs to get under the line maybe. No Boyd hurts them a lot.
I think my definite is Geelong to give the pies a smacking after their easy game last week, they won't know what hit them. 60+

Theseventhhamster I know we're avoiding the holier-than-thou stuff, but could you put something in the OP about gambling responsibly and perhaps the gamblers help number? It would make me feel better about it even though I am fine with the thread itself
I'll meet you guys half way and cut and paste anything you'd like to post. :D

Best for tomorrow:

Flemington R1 #3 Beach Life @ $4.20 (365) 1.5U

Delivered to me by the mailman who rarely lets me down. Said "take the price now, will be winning"

edit: that being said im still taking the cautious approach and proper bankroll management, its 2yo racing people, dont go silly.

Last edited:
Unrelated - OKC good value tomorrow @ $4 and 1-1 draw at FT in the Europa final.

Not much luck with either of them.

Morphetville tomorrow for the Goodwood get on 11. Under the louvre

Due for a win, runs too many places normally

Get back horses, it is what it is. Should get plenty of speed here though and have its chance in the last 100m's.

Best for tomorrow:

Flemington R1 #3 Beach Life @ $4.20 (365) 1.5U

Delivered to me by the mailman who rarely lets me down. Said "take the price now, will be winning"

edit: that being said im still taking the cautious approach and proper bankroll management, its 2yo racing people, dont go silly.
Too late, house sold, half a million on your sure thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back