The Eternal Punting Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Saints paying nearly $3. If it goes over $3 I think I'll jump on. We are trash at home and more space favours their gameplan. Should be an even money game really..

AFL Club
Melbourne
Some value (IMO) across sports this weekend:

Essendon H2H $1.55 vs. North
Rabbitohs 13+ vs. Canterbury $2.30
Perth Glory/Draw $1.72 vs. Sydney FC
Wolves $1.67 vs. Brighton VALUE
Chiefs $1.51 vs. Lions (Super Rugby)

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Any thoughts on pies/lions?

I’m leaning towards laying the 8-1/2 points but wondering if anyone thinks I should be more worried about the interstate travel.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Have to admit this seems like pretty good value.
Just looking at my app for our game with the saints and I’m pretty sure there’s a fundamental difference in how we express odds/lines in the states vs how you do it there.

Here’s what I see for that game:

Attachments

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
So for every $1 wagered on the Saints (no points received) you would win $1.95, plus receive your $1 back.

I’m guessing when you say the Saints are paying nearly $3, that’s based on a hypothetical $1 wager and includes collecting your $1 back?

Can anyone confirm this?

blitznu

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
So for every $1 wagered on the Saints (no points received) you would win $1.95, plus receive your $1 back.

I’m guessing when you say the Saints are paying nearly $3, that’s based on a hypothetical $1 wager and includes collecting your $1 back?

Can anyone confirm this?
Yeah so if saints are paying $3 and you put $1 down you get $3 back so triple your money so really only profit $2 off of every dollar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Can anyone confirm this?
American odds vs decimal are so bloody confusing. Much prefer decimal.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Any thoughts on pies/lions?

I’m leaning towards laying the 8-1/2 points but wondering if anyone thinks I should be more worried about the interstate travel.
Read somewhere that since gambling odds were recorded in the 90s that this first 4 rounds has had the most upsets ever.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
American odds vs decimal are so bloody confusing. Much prefer decimal.
I’m sure whatever way you learn it makes the most sense.

My old man told me about some odds he had for an NFL game last year and they were way better than what i could find for the game, so I had him make the wager for me. Turns out whatever app he is using, used odds like you. My payday was a bit lighter than expected.

I think rhe Brits do it like you do too.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Read somewhere that since gambling odds were recorded in the 90s that this first 4 rounds has had the most upsets ever.
I was deciding between Pies -8-1/2 or playing Brizzy paying 2.30 (I can talk your way too- when in Rome 😁)

Still kind of leaning towards the Pies

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I was deciding between Pies -8-1/2 or playing Brizzy paying 2.30 (I can talk your way too- when in Rome 😁)

Still kind of leaning towards the Pies
If it was me id take Brisbane at home. The weather is extremely different between there and Melbourne. Brisbane is tropical Melbourne isn't. Balls almost wet and it's gonna be mid 20s at night. Id back Brisbane

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
If it was me id take Brisbane at home. The weather is extremely different between there and Melbourne. Brisbane is tropical Melbourne isn't. Balls almost wet and it's gonna be mid 20s at night. Id back Brisbane
You convinced me. Very small wager on the Lions.

Hope that ball is super slick.

Top Bottom