The Eternal Punting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Omen bet.... o_O: https://www.racing.com/news/2020-07-29/an-early-look---the-valley-1820-beasy

Race 6 No.1 – Wagner

I was surprised to see the top weight and best performed horse in the race open $23 in the sixth race at the Valley on Saturday. The speed map looks ugly for Wagner, who will likely be near last on the fence, but the positive is there does look a significant amount of speed on paper. He ran well against the pattern in a stronger race at the Valley last start and I think he’s a much better chance than his price would suggest. At the $21+ available he appeals on an each-way basis, 1x3.
shattered about covid otherwise I would be there on Saturday for the opening meet of the race season

Wagner has won at the Valley which is always a plus, many horse struggle at that track with the short straight. But I wouldn't be putting my hard earned cash on it

Melbourne least wins paying $51 with North and Adelaide to come in the next 2 weeks nows the time to jump on

yep I was thinking the same, a weeks a long time in football
I dont think we still can't make finals its just that if ever a time to chuck that bet on its now just in case🤣🤣 and ill need the coin to pay my mate if north finish higher than us

Adelaide have dropped 8 players, have not won a game and are still only paying $3 to win. Shows where we are at. If i cared more if we lost and the odds were juicier i would put a fair bit on us dropping this.

Adelaide have dropped 8 players, have not won a game and are still only paying $3 to win. Shows where we are at. If i cared more if we lost and the odds were juicier i would put a fair bit on us dropping this.
Yeah $3 isn't as high as i thought it would be. I was expecting maybe $3.90. But after our showing last round, and history suggesting Adelaide are due for a win, i can understand why it's only $3. I'm still laying a $50 on the Crows. They were ok at home last time and i just don't know where our goals are coming from. Their forwardline looks way too tall for our backs, and we don't have the pace to expose them out of our defence. Crows to comfortably cover the line here. They'll sniff blood for a first win here..

Yeah $3 isn't as high as i thought it would be. I was expecting maybe $3.90. But after our showing last round, and history suggesting Adelaide are due for a win, i can understand why it's only $3. I'm still laying a $50 on the Crows. They were ok at home last time and i just don't know where our goals are coming from. Their forwardline looks way too tall for our backs, and we don't have the pace to expose them out of our defence. Crows to comfortably cover the line here. They'll sniff blood for a first win here..
I just piffed a $10 on a 9 leg multi with adelaide winning 1-39 and the rest disposal tallies of likely types from both sides, to make it $26 odds. Don't have money to burn atm but need a little consolation if we lose this.

Both forward lines are too volatile to put any money on, even 1 goal kickers seems to risky on our side.

I just piffed a $10 on a 9 leg multi with adelaide winning 1-39 and the rest disposal tallies of likely types from both sides, to make it $26 odds. Don't have money to burn atm but need a little consolation if we lose this.

Both forward lines are too volatile to put any money on, even 1 goal kickers seems to risky on our side.
Yeah i agree. I loaded up.on a multi with Adelaide covering the line, Murphy and Walker kicking a goal, Oliver, Langdon, Smith and Crouch on possies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just relaying a text I had with a mate 5 mins ago about cash out gone bad;

I picked the winner of the PGA Morikara but took the cash out when I thought he was going to bogey at least out of thick rough, ended up chipping in for birdie and eagled three holes later couldn't believe it

Lol
How much you cost yourself?

$2700
No lol at all

🔥$2700🔥 Matty torching nearly 3 bag, what a pisser, one of the best gambling stories I've heard 😂😂😂
Definitely lol btw 😂😂😂😂

How do you ever pick the winner of a major? Golf is too hard.

Freo at $2.20 is good value

You bet on multiple players and lower your stake accordingly, odds are always fantastic.

Sidebottom goals...
2 - @9s
3 @ 48s
4 @101

Can just see him getting a bag against a moronic melbourne backline

Had the one bet on the nags yesterday ( first in ages ) , Showmanship in the last at Caulfield.

Fair to say I was concerned with how it was going about 400m from home.

Willy Pike is ******* gun. I once told a mate who said he doesn't bet in WA coz he knows none of the horses that you dont need to know, just back whatever W.Pike is riding. Two years later he's a pastor at the church of Pike.

The best jockey in Australia and it's not close. Horses just run for him. It's unlike anything I've seen before.

Had the one bet on the nags yesterday ( first in ages ) , Showmanship in the last at Caulfield.

Fair to say I was concerned with how it was going about 400m from home.

Willy Pike is ******* gun. I once told a mate who said he doesn't bet in WA coz he knows none of the horses that you dont need to know, just back whatever W.Pike is riding. Two years later he's a pastor at the church of Pike.

The best jockey in Australia and it's not close. Horses just run for him. It's unlike anything I've seen before.
He has some magical rides that’s for sure. Also has some shockers on sort priced faves. Generally rides for luck and gets it more often than not

He has some magical rides that’s for sure. Also has some shockers on sort priced faves. Generally rides for luck and gets it more often than not

I reckon he always gives his horse the best chance to win, if that means riding for an economical run and a bit of luck at the right time then so be it. Better than planting something out wide just cause they are below evens. Dont reckon I see horses let down better for a jockey, must have the softest hands in the business.

Of course it always helps when you're practically employed by an owner with as much money as Bob Peters. But he's still the best in the business to me. Hopefully yesterday is a sign of things to come with Peters sending his stars over to the east more often now instead of taking the layup prize money in his own backyard.

Speaking of WA horses, I only just learnt recently that Scales of Justice passed away. :( Was a great punting horse for me, and his win first up in Melbourne last year for Lindsay Smith was incredible.

WA having more of a presence in the Sydney and Melbourne riches would be great, I know it's tough with their own carnival on the back of them but I don't reckon we have truly got to see how good some of their horses have been because of it. On times and ratings, there have been plenty In the past who could easily measure up to the best in the country/ world.

i was going to have a bet on Arcadia Queen as well as Showmanship yesterday then I saw that she was wearing bar plates. Biggest stay away gear change in racing.

I reckon he always gives his horse the best chance to win, if that means riding for an economical run and a bit of luck at the right time then so be it. Better than planting something out wide just cause they are below evens. Dont reckon I see horses let down better for a jockey, must have the softest hands in the business.

Of course it always helps when you're practically employed by an owner with as much money as Bob Peters. But he's still the best in the business to me. Hopefully yesterday is a sign of things to come with Peters sending his stars over to the east more often now instead of taking the layup prize money in his own backyard.
My questioning of him probably has to do with how many Multis he’s cost me by losing with a horrible ride on a $2 favourite. Along with Craig Williams he’s a jockey I just can’t catch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back