CL
Masked Crusader
Gytrash
Lost and Running

Who are the other options?

Anamoe
Stay Inside
Ed

A bit limited for choice. Is Roth on the way back?

It is looming very much like the TJ with the top 3 older horses flogging the rest. Any half decent 3yo that runs a half good race early will probably be snapped up (Profiteer, Enthaar etc)

Apparently Ayrton is on a Golden Eagle path so he can run in it I guess

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah there's a few hype trains around that might get picked up if they start the spring well. Good 3yos, Orbison, Aryton, that thing from WA. Especially with an open get out of jail free card to all

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah there's a few hype trains around that might get picked up if they start the spring well. Good 3yos, Orbison, Aryton, that thing from WA. Especially with an open get out of jail free card to all

WA has an everest contender now? What have I missed. I cant recall seeing many group class 2/3yos.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Didn't say contender, said possible runner ;)

What's that hype thing you guys have got that starts at 1.30 all the time, Clairvoyant?

Ah yes, Clairvoyance. Had regressed heavily last prep having some serious issues. Won't be travelling this year i'd have thought. Definitely will not be up in time for an Everest. At this stage most are hoping she can get back somewhere close to where she was.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cheers.

Gp1 level if it does come back well?

Basically you have to forecast improvement and in general a sound and well horse would make the improvement to G1 level easily but have no idea where she is at. Her best without improvement,maturing etc is G2 level. From November before injuries and her bad prep:

Clairvoyance is probably the best horse in the state but with a caveat of that being 2 months ago over 1000m. She basically hasn't improved since second career start and these spring 3yo's generally don't hold up and her ratings are not at open class level yet without the weight allowance.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Nah, zero risk with the get out of jail free card on offer

Except first up you don't know if its going no good!!!!

Most overrated horse in the country right now anyway - outside that first up fluke last spring hasn't been within 3 lengths of the winner as an older horse at any other start.

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
the problems with the everest concept become clearer each year

there are only two or three realistic winning chances such is the nature of our sprinting depth that many slot holders will get stuck with horses that cant win

long term surely completely unsustainable with so much money at risk

the problems with the everest concept become clearer each year

there are only two or three realistic winning chances such is the nature of our sprinting depth that many slot holders will get stuck with horses that cant win

long term surely completely unsustainable with so much money at risk

Plus the insane NSW bias and the free hit that Dogs mentioned.

Would be more interesting if instead of getting a free switch you had to take the emergencies.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Except first up you don't know if its going no good!!!!

Most overrated horse in the country right now anyway - outside that first up fluke last spring hasn't been within 3 lengths of the winner as an older horse at any other start.
I wouldn't take it with 20 picks but what difference does it make if they do. Can literally pull the pin and pick something else at any time with zero risk

no excuse, you can write her off i dont care. Records there to be seen

Exactly - a record showing only once has she been within 3 lengths of the winner as an older horse and outclassed in this and the TJ - a terrible choice on any metric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back