Racing The Everest - 2022

Who runs second to the squib? (Fav Out)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough call with so many coming back from injury. I'd go Masked Crusader as he isn't injured, seems to be on an upward spiral and is guaranteed to run the trip out strongly.

Could look an horrendous call in two weeks time though.

(heart says Roffy)

Ed
Squib
Biv
Gytrash
CL
Some 2yo hype train

??

Ed - doesn't stay strong 1200m
Squib - passed his best
Biv - will be at stud
Gytrash - would be safest pick to get money back but injured
CL - fraud and now a bleeder
Some 2yo hype train - looooooooooooooool

??

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tough call with so many coming back from injury. I'd go Masked Crusader as he isn't injured, seems to be on an upward spiral and is guaranteed to run the trip out strongly.

(heart says Roffy)
No need to wait 2 weeks, it's already a horrendous call ;)

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Eduardo
Masked
Its Me
Enthaar
Starry Legend 😜

Last edited:

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Amazing we haven’t even got to the Championships and we’re discussing the Everest. PVL the greatest genius since Ivan Reitman

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A 2yo rising 3yo that no one can guess this far out.
A 3yo rising 4yo of which we have minimal options
or Eduardo / The strip.

Biv is Retired. Masked Crusader was a big step on bias ground last start, yet don't trust valley form for a second when coming back somewhat true track. Libertini needs it dry but could still be our best sprinter.

Id probably lock in an Artorius type and scratch him before the race if he dont win open age in lead up for another 3yo bursting out of the pack as the older brigade would have question marks. Otherwise probably a Libertini type.

(heart says Roffy)

Second one locked in outside the obvious squib - as always happy to advise slot holders of who they should pick going forward.

The only two worth locking in at this stage now gone.

Last edited:
Lost and Running locked in by the TAB. Laughable selection on exposed form but the kind of pick you’ll continue to see if you let slot holders swap out whenever they want as there’s now downside if he remains a benchmark galloper.

Surely more chance of not even lining up than actually winning

Is there a list somewhere of the worst Everest initial selections?

I’m sure some Gai squib got picked and then turfed out after just 1 run back and then ended up running in the consolation race on the same day!

$4$ last year would be up there

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't know much about him, Our good sprinters generally have a profile like L+R. through grades, good margins, late maturing (also makes them a gelding), strong SPs, 75%+ win rate. Orbisyn similar.

I see no reason why he cannot make the jump to G1 level on racebook form. If he was running time you'd be happy to make the call. One of those do you wait or go early on him when he's gettable at a good deal. I'd still be looking at 2yo's rising 3yo's out of this crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back