Racing The Everest - 2022

Who runs second to the squib? (Fav Out)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could actually find independent selectors I would like to see an invite only field of 8 to keep the quality at least decent, similar to the Top Gun in dogs

What about each racing body from QLD VIC and NSW can pick 2 of their horses and TAS, SA, WA can have one each. (NT in with SA and ACT in with NSW).

Maybe you need 3 each VIC/NSW and one from every other state.

t

he day she gave a everest class field windburn? sure that was a mirage. Never happened so cant win. ok

What about EVERY OTHER START as an older horse. Power of Glory beat Zaaki one day too - should have a crack at the Cox Plate

what part of wet dont you get? 1st up and dry is and has always been her best form. Whataboutism though lol thanks Donald

I already told you all but one of her starts as an older horse has been on dry - jesus wept

What about each racing body from QLD VIC and NSW can pick 2 of their horses and TAS, SA, WA can have one each. (NT in with SA and ACT in with NSW).

Maybe you need 3 each VIC/NSW and one from every other state.

Something like that. Maybe

2 from Vic
2 from NSW/ACT
1 SA/NT
1 WA
1 TAS
1 QLD

or incl best from NZ / overseas.

Or just on ratings etc

Not sure, but less horses independently selected should make for a better quality race in theory

I admit 2nd behind Paulele looks the A grade form

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

They will be doing everything in their power to get this colt to resemble a stallion. He's a huge commodity if they could land something hype or otherwise.

Can anyone challenge the Top 3? (NS, MC, CL) I think not personally, not really a big statement considering their market %, but they are three of the best horses in Aus regardless of distance, and look to have panels on the rest
Surely would be too hard for rothfire to do it in his first prep after a massive injury lay-off, Lost and running been in much weaker grade, , mother earth only a 3yo, hardly been dominating. our 3yos have none, gytrash and trekking not exactly in great form, and eduardo stretched and well beaten at 1200m by the top3
Anyone think otherwise?
I've had a go at classique legend. if he is back to full fitness after the HK fiasco, he is the best horse and has already won it once. happy to be agaisnt masked crusader, just seems he will spot the rest of them a massive start, unless he imporves his manners/gate speed.

The Strip is the best horse in the race, laughable to suggest CL is better. He was the best horse on the day last year but that's pretty much the start and end of his resume. Would need to find form at the right time again this year to be a contender and couldnt bank on that at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone challenge the Top 3? (NS, MC, CL) I think not personally, not really a big statement considering their market %, but they are three of the best horses in Aus regardless of distance, and look to have panels on the rest
Surely would be too hard for rothfire to do it in his first prep after a massive injury lay-off, Lost and running been in much weaker grade, , mother earth only a 3yo, hardly been dominating. our 3yos have none, gytrash and trekking not exactly in great form, and eduardo stretched and well beaten at 1200m by the top3
Anyone think otherwise?
I've had a go at classique legend. if he is back to full fitness after the HK fiasco, he is the best horse and has already won it once. happy to be agaisnt masked crusader, just seems he will spot the rest of them a massive start, unless he imporves his manners/gate speed.
Would need to see the composition of the field first because if there is extreme speed NS will pop like he always does over 1200. Classique legend can win because he has proven before he can. The Inferno was pretty impressive yesterday, treated Portland Sky who ran 2nd in the William Reid with contempt, Would like to see him again but on yesterdays evidence he is not hopeless if they give him a slot.
And Libertini on her day when she is fresh and on a bone dry track has the ability to blow the sprinters away which she has done before.
Fully expect Paris to attack this post with his "analysis" which involves insults but i am not going to respond to him. This is what i see.

Would need to see the composition of the field first because if there is extreme speed NS will pop like he always does over 1200. Classique legend can win because he has proven before he can. The Inferno was pretty impressive yesterday, treated Portland Sky who ran 2nd in the William Reid with contempt, Would like to see him again but on yesterdays evidence he is not hopeless if they give him a slot.
And Libertini on her day when she is fresh and on a bone dry track has the ability to blow the sprinters away which she has done before.
Fully expect Paris to attack this post with his "analysis" which involves insults but i am not going to respond to him. This is what i see.

Portland sky a touch short on talent on what he’s shown but a chance of progressing a worthy contender to fill a spot but no hype means he probably won’t get in. I’d be locking in libertini outside the top 3 as she has a good run in her one day but its starting to get tiring following her. 3yo’s look a bit plain over 1200m. Struggling to find many more.

Anyone think otherwise?

in a word. No.

I doubt any can challenge the top 2 and that’s the squib and masky boy. Squib looks every inch a 6/4 shot for mine and I’d be taking the 4.50 on offer now to be honest

Eduardo can fill a hole if they try and run him conservatively to get third but if they try to win he will gas himself as he doesn’t get the trip

The Inferno could be the interesting one if it gets a slot.

Portland Sky, albeit not a top liner, was genuinely cruising on the turn on the weekend and looked home. The Inferno gave it windburn over the final 100m.

Very interested to see where The Inferno goes to next.

The Inferno could be the interesting one if it gets a slot.

Portland Sky, albeit not a top liner, was genuinely cruising on the turn on the weekend and looked home. The Inferno gave it windburn over the final 100m.

Very interested to see where The Inferno goes to next.

I doubt it is anywhere near good enough but could see it getting a slot as people look for new blood to test the top 2-3. I'd actually back Portland to turn the tables on it over 1200 - not a 1000m horse for mine.

Inglis slot - Inglis best graduate to promote their sale.

Coolmore will give them to a colt or a euro sprinting stallion coming over. Waller goes to his best.

So many under the table reasonings behind slots you will never assemble the best possible field IMO and could leave out potential winners with an anomaly performance.

I see no reason you couldn't say In Her Time, Bivouac, Pierata could have placed or potentially won without having a slot.

Tough call with so many coming back from injury. I'd go Masked Crusader as he isn't injured, seems to be on an upward spiral and is guaranteed to run the trip out strongly.

Could look an horrendous call in two weeks time though.

(heart says Roffy)

March 2021 folks - yet again happy to advise any slot holders if they have difficulty going forward

Inglis slot - Inglis best graduate to promote their sale.

Coolmore will give them to a colt or a euro sprinting stallion coming over. Waller goes to his best.

So many under the table reasonings behind slots you will never assemble the best possible field IMO and could leave out potential winners with an anomaly performance.

I see no reason you couldn't say In Her Time, Bivouac, Pierata could have placed or potentially won without having a slot.
Yeah was more talking about the slots without an agenda, who are looking to find the winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back