2019 winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For those playing at home

(Jameka)
Australia's second best horse has been retired.

Last 15 starts 3 wins, 2 G1s

(Humidor)
Probably something that has won more than 3 times in its last 20 starts

Happy Clapper/Redzel/Trapze Artist all clearly superior.

Last 15 starts 4 wins, 3 G1s

All this in the space of under 3 weeks my friends.

Food for thought.

The champion chautauqua has won 4 G1s in his last 15 starts. More than any active race horse in their career bar that one outlier.

He’s the hero we deserve.

I love stats, they can say things so many ways.

"Chautauqua has failed to run a place in any race since April 2017 and has won 1 race (Heavy 8) since May 2016"

For those playing at home

(Jameka)

Last 15 starts 3 wins, 2 G1s

(Humidor)

Last 15 starts 4 wins, 3 G1s

All this in the space of under 3 weeks my friends.

Would be relevant if Jameka had the opportunity to contest most of those 15 races at distances that suited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Home of the Brave looked the best of the Everest auditions in my view. Probably lacks the class but is an honest type, puts himself in the race and handles all going. There would be far worse options.

That being said, I would be happy with TA's run and provided it's dry come Everest day, I still want to be on him.

Most of the time TA is going to put in just an ok run. That's just what he does. Then randomly goes like Phar Lap every third or fourth run and kills them. Not a horse id ever take the shorts about
He has a poster of Humidor on his stable door.

What did you think of his plod I mean run today?

Bare minimum - should have run past D'Argento though and disappointing to not even get near a fully exposed HOTB (who would be a terrible Everest selection - 1300 suits a lot better - will be run off his feet back at 1200).

As Jug said - could easily come out and win the Everest by 6.

Going to be a horrible betting race with more questions than answers. If you can get even money Redzel to place backing him EW seems the only sane bet a punter should take.

Bare minimum - should have run past D'Argento though and disappointing to not even get near a fully exposed HOTB (who would be a terrible Everest selection - 1300 suits a lot better - will be run off his feet back at 1200).

As Jug said - could easily come out and win the Everest by 6.

Going to be a horrible betting race with more questions than answers. If you can get even money Redzel to place backing him EW seems the only sane bet a punter should take.

this seems surprisingly logical from you.

My updated market

$2.50 - Trapeze Artist
$4 - Redzel
$11 - Vega Magic; US Navy Flag
$17 - In Her Time
$20 - English; Brave Smash
$25 - Santa Ana Lane; Invincible Star
$33 - Shoals

My updated market

$3.50 - Trapeze Artist
$3.75 - Redzel
$9 - Vega Magic; US Navy Flag
$14 - In Her Time
$17 - English, Brave Smash
$23 - Santa Ana Lane, Invincible Star, Shoals

Super tough market to price - type of race bookies are just exposing themselves to be hammered by inside information.

its not hard. only 2 major chances Trapeze Artist Vega Magic, another if its leader biased track in Redcat, and outside chance to In her Time. Its basically the same field as last year with about 5 exceptions. I give NS none

its not hard. only 2 major chances Trapeze Artist Vega Magic, another if its leader biased track in Redcat, and outside chance to In her Time. Its basically the same field as last year with about 5 exceptions. I give NS none

lol so basically half the field is different

at this stage i'd be pretty keen In Her Time at current prices around provided she has a nice tune up for the rac but thats more on the unknown conditions etc as she's a versatile mare that suits the randwick 1200. VM, Trapeze Artist etc don't really have the same appeal and are race day proposition bets as shown by their recent turn ups.

Would be silly to write off Invincible Star and Nature Strip just yet. luckily still a month away and no need to make a call just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back