Racing The Everest

2019 winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brave Smash Japanese form is a bit amusing. Started near $400 in a 2400 race.

They interviewed one of the Oz Bloodstock guys on Sky on the weekend - apparently they found it looking at that race where it looked like an absolute star before completely dropping out at the 600 :D

I think they also pickled it off sectionals in some mile race or something in Japan.

Given that I probably should have it as my lay of the Spring! :D

This race is not only becoming a joke, it's actually becoming shameful that they would waste this amount of money, when there's so many better ways it could be used.

Exactly it's embarrassing and disgraceful.

OK to say that it's self funded by the entrants until they throw millions at marketing it and spend 600K pa more on buying a slot so they can throw in some random overseas horse to make it "truly international"

One or two of them would be better than several of our entrants

Preferably they bring one back that was last seen being beaten in a BM64 at Pakenham and it subsequently bolts in :D

Who is 'Julie' on thoroughbred central? She could be a candidate for the 'women you dig' thread.

Who is 'Julie' on thoroughbred central? She could be a candidate for the 'women you dig' thread.

She's the paddock watcher on race day isn't she? If its a British blonde that's her. Obviously an extremely poor man's Francesca.

Houtzen... lol will struggle to keep up. what happens if your slot doesn't make it to the race?
Also what happens if the slot holders cannot get a decent horse to sponsor? will they give it to any old nag they own?

Houtzen... lol will struggle to keep up. what happens if your slot doesn't make it to the race?
Also what happens if the slot holders cannot get a decent horse to sponsor? will they give it to any old nag they own?

You can try and talk other owners into running for you.

Caravaggio trying to resurrect his bid at the Curragh tonight.

just saw that there is a clause in the rules that if there are going to be 4 emergencies who will be picked from the acceptors from the Tatts lightening on the same day. Given that so many horses get given slots so far out from the race and there is a chance of some horses going amiss, I wouldnt be surprised if the lightning has just as good a field as the Everest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just saw that there is a clause in the rules that if there are going to be 4 emergencies who will be picked from the acceptors from the Tatts lightening on the same day. Given that so many horses get given slots so far out from the race and there is a chance of some horses going amiss, I wouldnt be surprised if the lightning has just as good a field as the Everest

Interesting. How would the 600K entry fee work in that scenario

Slot is owned by XXX. XXXs runner is scratched so the lighting emerg runs on their behalf possibly

Agreed - both will be moderately interesting Sydney welters.

Have to give a wrap to the ATC racing manager today - has basically managed to negotiate the Everest field to rock up at Randwick today for 1/50th the prizemoney :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back