Racing The Everest

2019 winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.

about time our biggest race is a sprint but completely ***** everything to do with programming of the races and it's not even down the flemington straight. farkern NSW.

One positive - at least it's not at Rosehill :rolleyes:

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
is it actually going to work with the owner demographic in Australia?

what owners of singular g1 horses would pay 1.8mil to race in it? so we're left with Godolphin, Coolmore and probably the HKJC. then it's probably just expensive colts who get purchased pre-race and entered on their terms.

off top of my head the champ Illustrious lad wouldn't line up, Malaguerra won't, Bart, Spieth, English, Rupert wouldn't have until they sold him.

is it actually going to work with the owner demographic in Australia?

what owners of singular g1 horses would pay 1.8mil to race in it? so we're left with Godolphin, Coolmore and probably the HKJC.

Singo?

would prefer the autumn where everything is a bit more settled. 40% of the colts would still technically be 2yo's and would be retired before they hit the next one.

And for all the hype its been pretty rare for Autumn 3yos to win a Newmarket/Lightning/TJ recently

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol ya bloody sad sacks in here :$

I like it. Id rather it was over a classic distance and in Melbourne but meh it's still good and will draw the best international sprinters down here and likely keep them around for carnival

if i were the VRC i'd make the VRC Sprint Classic worth 5m now and make the race work for you. have the sprint classic as open to all horses not just the ones with owners with cash. Malaguerra, Bart, Spieth would basically have no chance of coming up with that money and you would drag the international horses over for a true indication of worlds best sprinter.

Lol ya bloody sad sacks in here :$

I like it. Id rather it was over a classic distance and in Melbourne but meh it's still good and will draw the best international sprinters down here and likely keep them around for carnival

Can't wait to head out to Randwick to see Sole Power :$

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
i am meh about it. it wont be the best field of sprinters though, unless some dude decides to buy a spot for the good horses.. but why would they when they have a $10 mill carrot in front of them. Can see the AJC or whatever you call it having to pay for some of the spots themselves then filling it with decent horses.
Can also see a farce of no good horses wanting to run cos it costs so much so a few Hong Kong Dudes will put in their money and send the ghost of Silent Witness and the like over. Will wait and see a couple to see if it is a good concept or not.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
i am meh about it. it wont be the best field of sprinters though, unless some dude decides to buy a spot for the good horses.. but why would they when they have a $10 mill carrot in front of them. Can see the AJC or whatever you call it having to pay for some of the spots themselves then filling it with decent horses.
Can also see a farce of no good horses wanting to run cos it costs so much so a few Hong Kong Dudes will put in their money and send the ghost of Silent Witness and the like over. Will wait and see a couple to see if it is a good concept or not.

I can see plenty of deals being made with guys with a bit of cash making deals with the owners of top grade sprinters. If i had $1.8 million sitting around i know that's what i would be doing. Seems a far more likely scenario than flush owners putting in their B graders to get flogged

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
I can see plenty of deals being made with guys with a bit of cash making deals with the owners of top grade sprinters. If i had $1.8 million sitting around i know that's what i would be doing. Seems a far more likely scenario than flush owners putting in their B graders to get flogged
Depends what prizemoney is paid down to. But stumping up 600k would be an incredible risk if you are not a multi millionaire owner

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
y
you are assuming all owners are honest to themselves about their own horses ability!! but yeah that could happen too. if anything at least this concept is new and we can see how it works out

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
IMG_2274.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back