rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Did anyone go yesterday and what was it like?

Have heard positive things despite the weather, but I thought it was underwhelming just watching from home. The main event was again a fizzer as a spectacle, the Kosciusko seemed to get a bit lost amongst the Everest hype and the rest of support card was pretty unremarkable.

The day is all about one race and if I had to guess 75% of on-track patrons couldn't even name the field - so go in that direction. Get a weather machine and park it over the track - have some jets fly over, get a fake Everest in the middle of the track and get bimbos to climb it for money etc. I don't think it works as a proper raceday, so I wouldn't treat it as one.

In contrast, Caulfield was some next level s**t even watching from the couch.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
It’s not a bad day if you don’t go for the whole day.
LP pretty much everyone I've asked who went (both punters and some morons) said they had a blast - so clearly something is working as an on-track experience.

I can't help but think it would be even better if they maybe cut the card in half and went full blown party mode, but maybe they don't even need that.

It also reinforces how awful Sky's coverage is and needs a shake up. This was even without having to ship off to Doomben after every race! Duff is good but for God's sake get rid of Radley and Glenn Munsie who are awful.

LP pretty much everyone I've asked who went (both punters and some morons) said they had a blast - so clearly something is working as an on-track experience.

I can't help but think it would be even better if they maybe cut the card in half and went full blown party mode, but maybe they don't even need that.

It also reinforces how awful Sky's coverage is and needs a shake up. This was even without having to ship off to Doomben after every race! Duff is good but for God's sake get rid of Radley and Glenn Munsie who are awful.

Yeah look I’m only talking from my view. Found myself quite bored after the Everest. Found myself more looking at the screens at Caulfield and Sha Tin. The support card was a bit meh this year the heavy track didn’t help though.

That was my point when they all pulled their runners last year - it makes a mockery of the whole process if you can pull your runner. As I said once you lock it in you should be automatically allocated an emergency from the Sydney Stakes if your runner doesn't turn up on the day.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That was my point when they all pulled their runners last year - it makes a mockery of the whole process if you can pull your runner. As I said once you lock it in you should be automatically allocated an emergency from the Sydney Stakes if your runner doesn't turn up on the day.

This.

It's a no risk situation locking in early. If they don't come up they're kicked out anyway. Create a consequence and watch the slot holders change their mindset. If your horse doesn't come up the decision on your alternate runner will be made based on a race rule, not a slotholder decision on who they get

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Come on. Classique legend not THAT bad. Houtzen was selected coming out of its autumn 2yo season. Menari off Spring 3yo. CL at least best 3yo sprinter in autumn who raced vs his own age.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Come on. Classique legend not THAT bad. Houtzen was selected coming out of its autumn 2yo season. Menari off Spring 3yo. CL at least best 3yo sprinter in autumn.

It has potential, but it has had 1 restricted Gp2 win. Throwing darts that it will make the grade.

How it could be the second horse locked in defies belief

Come on. Classique legend not THAT bad. Houtzen was selected coming out of its autumn 2yo season. Menari off Spring 3yo. CL at least best 3yo sprinter in autumn who raced vs his own age.

Why not wait until you see how he does at 4? No need to rush - don't see anyone rushing to lock in Wild Planet after last week

As I said - more likely to not even turn up than to place for mine.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Presumably you could lock in

OB
Sunlight
IHT
SAL
Classique Legend (in)
Pierata (in)

Then the possibles