B: Hombsch - Austin - DBJ
HB: Pittard - Clurey - Broadbent
C: Polec - Boak - White
HF: Ebert - Westhoff - SPP
F: Eddy - Dixon - Wingard
R: Ryder - Wines - R.Gray
INT: Impey - Hartlett - Young - Trengove

I like it

It'll be interesting to see if our forward line can support 3 talls in the modern game

How will being humble help their undeniable mental weakness ? i don't want humble. I want HUNGRY and DETERMINED.

I want them to be HARDENED THE F**K UP over preseason, i want a coach thats got the balls to make tough decisions, who doesn't gift games to players that don't deserve them and pick the guys who should be playing. a coach who demands the best and will accept nothing less.
Get in line mate as that's what we all want for Xmas.

As REH has mentioned more than once, we haven't made the top 4 for quite some time.
Was 2007 the last time we were a top 4 side?
No but we played like a top 4 for most of 2014. That laps we had killed it. Had we beaten hawks in that Prelim we would of gone on to win the flag. Woulda coulda shoulda.

As REH has mentioned more than once, we haven't made the top 4 for quite some time.
Was 2007 the last time we were a top 4 side?
Technically yes. We spent most of 2014 in the top 4, dropped out the last couple of weeks, finishing home and away part of the season 5th, and then ended up 3rd at end of finals.

Technically yes. We spent most of 2014 in the top 4, dropped out the last couple of weeks, finishing home and away part of the season 5th, and then ended up 3rd at end of finals.
Technically we have a top 4 squad. Well so KT keeps telling us.

Sorry REH, just in case this posts comes out all wrong I better state up front that I'm not having a go at you or anyone, but the club has changed its mantra to we exist to come up with slogans.
And BF has changed to we exist to make up excuses.

Time to go back to basics. Hopefully we have drafted a couple of gems and a leader or two.

Technically we have a top 4 squad. Well so KT keeps telling us.

Sorry REH, just in case this posts comes out all wrong I better state up front that I'm not having a go at you or anyone, but the club has changed its mantra to we exist to come up with slogans.
And BF has changed to we exist to make up excuses.

Time to go back to basics. Hopefully we have drafted a couple of gems and a leader or two.
People just state facts is all. Why should anyone here make excuses for poor performances ? We are simply analysing & giving our two cents worth in terms of problem solving. I'm sure Ken & his little helpers are reading these threads & taking some our advice on board ;)

People just state facts is all. Why should anyone here make excuses for poor performances ? We are simply analysing & giving our two cents worth in terms of problem solving. I'm sure Ken & his little helpers are reading these threads & taking some our advice on board ;)
In that case I'll pass in my "advice". :D

Get a solid foundation and once that is in place go for some of that tricky stuff as the icing on the cake.

But the cake must come first and it needs to be a good one.

FB DBJ - Austin - Krak

HB Bonner - Hombsch - Pittard

C Polec - Wines - Ebert

R Ryder - Gray - Boak

HF Hartlett - Westhoff - Impey

FF
Wingard - Dixon - Trengove

BENCH

SPP (1 of Clurey/Jonas) (2 of Young/Monfries/Palmer..maybe add in Broadbent here, probably unlucky to miss out)

NOTES
1 - Ryder, Hartlett, Gray and Wines should be our #1 centre square line up with Hartlett floating to a high half-foward and Boak into the middle for general play.

2 - Hopefully SPP has a Wines like debut year and fast becomes our version of Dustin Martin.

3 - Pretty confidant Bonner will take the afl by storm next year and cement him self in our best 22 - much like DBJ did this year (now no disrespect to DJB here, love him he is easily in our best side and is a 'genuine, true, Port Adelaide' player) although i think this will be to another level as Bonner is a much more talented footballer, the run and drive he will create of half back with his speed, freakish kicking and attacking attitude (like much Pittard) should be a massive addition to our side.

They jagged it. Help by Giligan too with that handy bye.

Lol. They beat Eagles in Perth, knocked off the Premiers, got over the top of a more talented list in GWS and then beat a finals hardened Swans on the big stage. And started as underdogs in all 4 games. But jagged it yeah.

Lol. They beat Eagles in Perth, knocked off the Premiers, got over the top of a more talented list in GWS and then beat a finals hardened Swans on the big stage. And started as underdogs in all 4 games. But jagged it yeah.
Just imagine if we had had that bye in 2014. We did heaps of travelling at the end of the season and in finals with no break (2 Perth trips included) and nearly beat the well rested Hawks.

Just imagine if we had had that bye in 2014. We did heaps of travelling at the end of the season and in finals with no break (2 Perth trips included) and nearly beat the well rested Hawks.

We lost the prelim because we couldn't ******* kick straight when we were all over them in the first quarter. End of. More revisionist bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to add Powel -Pepper or Atley to the best 22 but we just can't tell with them yet . They have to prove themselves yet to go in front of Sam Gray , Amon , AhChee , Snelling etc . .
I'm tempted to add Bonner but he's only played one game too .
Howard I think is close to best 22 but he's injured , to me that's why we picked Eddy because if Howard was on deck we'd be putting the games into him .

Bryne -Jones Austin. Hombsch
Pittard Clurey Hartlett
Polec Wines Amon
Wingard Westhoff Young
Eddy Dixon R.Gray
Ryder Ebert Boak
Int. Trengove , Broadbent , Krakouer , White

To me the spots in that team up for grabs are Amons , Eddys and Youngs

They beat a West Coast that was missing the one point of difference that was a positive for them in Naitanui, which made it a game between two sides that had crap rucks and therefore the Dogs midfield - which was used to the scrappy nature of not having a decent ruck - could dominate.

They faced a Hawthorn that was mentally fatigued after 5 years being at the top and 3 premierships, who had suffered a heartbreaking loss to a bitter rival and was struggling to find the motivation to get back up again.

They played a virgin finals side in GWS at a ground where the lack of support for the Giants made it more of a neutral venue than anything else. Half the support at the ground was for the Bulldogs...including the umpires.

Then they were lucky enough that Franklin got injured in the first ten minutes and the umpires got sucked into the romance of them winning the flag.

They didn't jag it, but it was definitely a perfect storm of beneficial circumstances that gave them advantages that normally wouldn't be there.

B: T. Jonas, L. Austin, D. Byrne-Jones
HB: J. Pittard, J. Hombsch, H. Hartlett
C: B. Ebert, O. Wines, J. Polec
HF: C. Wingard, J. Westhoff, J. Impey
F: A. Young, C. Dixon, J. Trengove
R: P. Ryder, R. Gray, T. Boak
INT: M. White, M. Broadbent, S. Powell-Pepper, N. Krakouer

By the end of the year I'd like to see Clurey and Bonner displacing Jonas and Krakouer, but for now I think the senior guys have the runs on the board.

B: T. Jonas, L. Austin, D. Byrne-Jones
HB: J. Pittard, J. Hombsch, H. Hartlett
C: B. Ebert, O. Wines, J. Polec
HF: C. Wingard, J. Westhoff, J. Impey
F: A. Young, C. Dixon, J. Trengove
INT: M. White, M. Broadbent, S. Powell-Pepper, N. Krakouer

By the end of the year I'd like to see Clurey and Bonner displacing Jonas and Krakouer, but for now I think the senior guys have the runs on the board.

Ryder, Gray and T.Bo stiff. :p

You've got a doggies membership haven't you ? By the way what did you make of Ports 2014 campaign? We beat flying Fremantle in Perth during the finals & a kick away from beating the hawks at the mcg. Kind of similar to the doggies year no ?

You've got a doggies membership haven't you ? By the way what did you make of Ports 2014 campaign? We beat flying Fremantle in Perth during the finals & a kick away from beating the hawks at the mcg. Kind of similar to the doggies year no ?

Main difference being they made the most of their opportunities and won a premeirship - where as we let it slip, missed opertunities early against the Hawks when we dominated the game but not the scoreboard cost us a premeirship.

They beat a West Coast that was missing the one point of difference that was a positive for them in Naitanui, which made it a game between two sides that had crap rucks and therefore the Dogs midfield - which was used to the scrappy nature of not having a decent ruck - could dominate.

They faced a Hawthorn that was mentally fatigued after 5 years being at the top and 3 premierships, who had suffered a heartbreaking loss to a bitter rival and was struggling to find the motivation to get back up again.

They played a virgin finals side in GWS at a ground where the lack of support for the Giants made it more of a neutral venue than anything else. Half the support at the ground was for the Bulldogs...including the umpires.

Then they were lucky enough that Franklin got injured in the first ten minutes and the umpires got sucked into the romance of them winning the flag.

They didn't jag it, but it was definitely a perfect storm of beneficial circumstances that gave them advantages that normally wouldn't be there.
Dont forget the free Get-Out-Of-Jail card the AFL gifted them of a week off before the finals. The extra rest, and time for injured players to get up nullified their 7th spot. Without that week off, they wouldnt have made it past week one of the finals. Take nothing away from them though, those were the cards dealt, and they had to still play them. Happy they took it all the way, I couldnt have stood another Sydney/Hawthorn-fest!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back