Opinion The Evolution of Your Best 23 for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hate on Jonas is so far over the top it's ridiculous. Take him out of our backline and the entire thing falls apart.

DBJ I'll give you he was horrid for much of the year but hopefully that was just a hangover from being AA and he bounces back.
When people were calling for Jonas to be dropped at one point, I was one of his biggest defenders. The convo of being dropped, and being captain though are 2 different things. Wines is so far clear of everyone right now.

Jonas showed glimpses but ultimately wasn't good enough as a leader of this club, and Byrne-Jones stunk and should have been dropped a bunch of times. The voting system is a sham.
Ross just admit you don’t rate DBJ and never will.
Not sure you have ever had him in your Top 10 in the final votes of your weekly best.
The thing is he is only 2 injuries away from being our game day captain, so as much as you don’t rate him a number of people at the club do.
Your bias has become so obvious that anything you say about him becomes irrelevant.
On another thing did you not want Ollie traded at one stage?

Not sure you have ever had him in your Top 10 in the final votes of your weekly best.
The thing is he is only 2 injuries away from being our game day captain, so as much as you don’t rate him a number of people at the club do.
Your bias has become so obvious that anything you say about him becomes irrelevant.
I had Byrne-Jones in our top 5 and top 3 in the 2 seasons before 2021.

And yes I was on Wines's case as early as mid-2017. I wanted him to go up another level and it wasn't happening. This year it finally happened and he's getting the credit/praise he deserves.

B: Burton McKenzie Jonas
HB: Houston Aliir Jones
C: Amon Wines Duursma
HF: Rozee Georgiades Butters
F: Gray Dixon Fantasia

R: Lycett Boak Drew

INT: Finlayson Bergman Powell-Pepper Bonner

SUB: Motlop

Port Adelaide POWER - Round 1 vs ?
F: Georgiades - Dixon - Gray
HF: Butters - Finlayson - Rozee
C: Amon - Wines - Duursma
HB: Bonner - Aliir - Bergman
B: Jonas (C) - McKenzie - Houston
R: Hayes - Boak - Drew
INT: Marshall - Burton - Fantasia - Powell-Pepper
EMERG: Mayes (SUB) - Motlop - Lycett - Clurey

Port Adelaide MAGPIES - Round 1 vs ?
F: Weidemann - Butcher - Williams
HF: McEntee - Lord - Schofield
C: Frederick - Mayes - Motlop
HB: Jones - Corcoran - Byrne-Jones
B: Pasini - Clurey - Strange
R: Lycett - Sutcliffe (C) - Mead
INT: Appleton - Westbrook - Moore - Wildman
EMERG: Carter - Surman
DEPTH: Edwards - Aldridge - Samblich - Wong - Sareen - Cheesman - Bode - Nicholas - Dickson - Hooker - Montgomery - Saunders

Unavailable:
Power:
Farrell (Knee, TBC)
Magpies: NONE
Hey mate,

How close is Hayes now being in the senior line up. Saw you had him as your starting ruck.. Reckon he surpasses Lycett?

Hey mate,

How close is Hayes now being in the senior line up. Saw you had him as your starting ruck.. Reckon he surpasses Lycett?
Hayes probably should have 3 or 4 games under his belt already. Was the best ruck in the SANFL, and is a better ruck than Ladhams. (Ladhams was shifted to the fwd line at SANFL level). I reckon the coaches will start Lycett first though.

Hayes probably should have 3 or 4 games under his belt already. Was the best ruck in the SANFL, and is a better ruck than Ladhams. (Ladhams was shifted to the fwd line at SANFL level). I reckon the coaches will start Lycett first though.
Saw he was getting leather poisoning in games when he bagged 40+ HOs. Kept wondering why he wasn't getting played.

Was it his endurance or tank? Or did Hinkley not rate him.

No excuse now. With Ladhams gone if Hinkley goes with Marshall or Georgiadis over playing Hayes in ruck (when Lycett needs a spell) then the kid should be asking for a trade.

Saw he was getting leather poisoning in games when he bagged 40+ HOs. Kept wondering why he wasn't getting played.

Was it his endurance or tank? Or did Hinkley not rate him.

No excuse now. With Ladhams gone if Hinkley goes with Marshall or Georgiadis over playing Hayes in ruck (when Lycett needs a spell) then the kid should be asking for a trade.
Ladhams's tank was way better and was more mobile.

I had Byrne-Jones in our top 5 and top 3 in the 2 seasons before 2021.

And yes I was on Wines's case as early as mid-2017. I wanted him to go up another level and it wasn't happening. This year it finally happened and he's getting the credit/praise he deserves.
Yes you are happy to give it to him now.
But if we followed your lead he would of been gone.
You have also posted that Jonas wasn’t good enough as a leader.
With DBJ not up to scratch according to you who would our leaders be?
My point is stop putting everyone in the gun if they have a down period.
And your shadow TeeKray can take that on board too.
Life is about forgiveness at times as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With DBJ not up to scratch according to you who would our leaders be?
Wines as captain, Boak as vice. I wouldn't bother with a leadership group.

F: Georgiades - Dixon - Fantasia
HF: Amon - Finlayson - Rozee
C: Boak - Wines - Duursma
HB: Houston - Aliir - Burton
B: Jonas (C) - McKenzie - Byrne-Jones
R: Lycett - Drew - Butters
INT: Marshall - Bonner- Gray - Bergman
EMERG: Mayes (SUB) - Motlop - Hayes- Clurey- Jones

What's missing?
-Tall, powerful, highly skilled midfielder with break away pace (Bont like)
- Tall, super mobile, highly skilled 1:1 defender (Lever like)
- Edgy, hard at it medium forward ( Greene like)

don't want much do I? 🤣

Ross rated DBJ highly back when he was drafted and before his breakout year. DBJ was shocking this year. It's up to show him to show next year that his AA season wasn't just an aberration.

Seeing pick 12 on the bench in a few of these teams reminds me of that article with future crows draftee listed in their next premiership side.
I'd assume it's because our history is we throw our first pick into the side ASAP.

I'd assume it's because our history is we throw our first pick into the side ASAP.
Yep, if he's good enough and not injured we tend to play our first round pick or early second rounder in Rd 1.

2011 Wingard debuted Rd 1 2012
2012 Wines debuted Rd 1 2013
2013 Traded out 1st round, but Impey pick #21 debuted Rd 1 2014

2014 Traded out 1st round, Howard was first pick at 56 debuted in 2016
2015 Traded out 1st round, Bonner was first pick at 37 debuted last game of 2016

2016 Marshall was pick 16, but SPP was supposed to be 1st pick instead of 2nd at 18, and he debuted Rd1 2017
2017 Trade out 1st round, first pick Hayes taken at pick 47

2018 Rozee debuted Rd 1 2019 as did Butters and Duursma the other first rounders
2019 Bergman - didn't debut until 2021 due to covid, but Georgiades was also a 1st round pick he debuted Rd 1
2020 Jones - probably would have debuted Rd 1 2021 if not injured, but debuted Rd 4

F: Georgiades - Dixon - Gray
HF: Butters - Finlayson - Rozee
C: Amon - Wines - Duursma
HB: Bonner - Aliir - Bergman
B: Jonas (C) - McKenzie - Houston
R: Hayes - Boak - Drew
INT: Marshall - Burton - Fantasia - Powell-Pepper
EMERG: Mayes (SUB) - Motlop - Lycett - Clurey

Port Adelaide MAGPIES - Round 1 vs ?
F: Weidemann - Butcher - Williams
HF: McEntee - Lord - Schofield
C: Frederick - Mayes - Motlop
HB: Jones - Skinner - Byrne-Jones
B: Pasini - Clurey - Strange
R: Lycett - Sutcliffe (C) - Mead
INT: Corcoran - Westbrook - Moore - Wildman
EMERG: Carter - Appleton
DEPTH: Surman - Edwards - Aldridge - Samblich - Wong - Sareen - Cheesman - Bode - Nicholas - Dickson - Hooker - Montgomery - Saunders

Unavailable:
Power:
Farrell (Knee, TBC)
Magpies: NONE

I like it, but would prefer skinner in for mckenzie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like to see how our side would go, without Jonas, Boak, Dixon, Gray and Lycett.

I’m not saying we do this, but would interesting…

I'm hoping we play Sinn round 1. Even if he doesn't stay there for long. Given what we've given up for him, I think its worth seeing how far off he is.

His lack of games this year might count against that, but let's see how he goes in the 'Marsh Series' (or whatever they call it this time) pre-season games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back