FTA-TV The Expanse

Remove this Banner Ad

Book based. Still you gotta adapt it.

Latest episode.

Seems to me like the Rocinante is central to the plot and gives the heroes something to cruise around in. Establish it quick and get it out of the way.
reading the thread I was going to ask if you'd read the book.

I read the books first (the next one comes out in December, can't bloody wait!). And I am STUNNED by how good a job they've done of realising this on TV. At first I hated a few of the casting decisions, but after 3 or 4 episodes I really liked most of them.

This is an awesome show. But if you like it, you have to read the books. Omg they are amazingly good sci-fi. So, so, so ******* good

reading the thread I was going to ask if you'd read the book.

I read the books first (the next one comes out in December, can't bloody wait!). And I am STUNNED by how good a job they've done of realising this on TV. At first I hated a few of the casting decisions, but after 3 or 4 episodes I really liked most of them.

This is an awesome show. But if you like it, you have to read the books. Omg they are amazingly good sci-fi. So, so, so ******* good

I've probably said this before in the thread, but I'm not one for pure sci-fi tv because it is usually done very poorly. But the expanse is adapted very very well. Only criticism I have is that it seemed to get a bit lost the deeper it went into the season and that quality, which we initially started with, was diminished a bit I thought.

I've probably said this before in the thread, but I'm not one for pure sci-fi tv because it is usually done very poorly. But the expanse is adapted very very well. Only criticism I have is that it seemed to get a bit lost the deeper it went into the season and that quality, which we initially started with, was diminished a bit I thought.
really? Interesting. I still have two episodes to go but I haven't noticed that - in fact I've just gotten more and more impressed the further it's gone on. I am hopeful that given it's been quite successful they'll have more bank to play with for the next season. If they can make the next part of the story work, and Bobby work, I'm going to be so thrilled

There wasn't any ground rules set for this thread and I note that some book spoilers have been posted. Could book readers please add spoiler tags when talking about the books?

Otherwise we can discuss having separate threads which we probably only want to do for the bigger shows.

Didn't realise this was based on a book. Binge watched this a few weeks back, enjoyed it. The actors were a tad wooden but overall story kept me interested

Didn't realise this was based on a book. Binge watched this a few weeks back, enjoyed it. The actors were a tad wooden but overall story kept me interested
Mate, the books are just incredible. James SA Corey is two authors. Trouble is, they've ruined most sci fi for me. Because none of it is as good. Apart from your legendary authors like Stephen Baxter of course. If you have any interest at all, read the books. Do yourself a favour

Mate, the books are just incredible. James SA Corey is two authors. Trouble is, they've ruined most sci fi for me. Because none of it is as good. Apart from your legendary authors like Stephen Baxter of course. If you have any interest at all, read the books. Do yourself a favour

Cheers will do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great start to the season.

The battle scene was epic. Never seen projectile physics like that before, the graphics people at SyFy should be very proud. I really makes me think most of the space battles I've ever seen have been ships shooting dead straight lasers at each other.

The story was a little hard to digest coming back after a year. I guess they just don't have time for recaps, I was gonna brush up on season 1 before this started but finding the time to rewatch tv I've already seen is hard when you want to watch so many new shows.

Really loving what Chrisjen is doing carrying the Earth arc of the story.

At the end of the last episode all I could think was:

"Don't worry Miller Julie will look after you"

xD

My speculation is that Julie and the protomolecule are now one

Seems like an obvious spoiler from the way Mao has been talking though.

Finally caught up on the last 2 eps and they have built on season 1 brilliantly. That CG inside Eros when Miller found Julie was just beautiful.

Binges watched both seasons over the last week and absolutely loved it. BSG is one of my favourite shows of all time so it's great to have some quality sci-fi back on the air.

A few criticisms:

- the pacing can be quite jarring (the first four episodes had so many characters introduced then killed off very quickly, other episodes can drag on too much)
- it was pretty difficult to keep track of and understand the various factions and motives in season 1...half the time I had no idea who owned what station and what jurisdiction various parties had in space

Episode 5 of season 2 was utterley brilliant and some of the best TV I've seen in years. Unfortunately I am also definitely missing Miller's presence now :(

Oh and while I think of it...was there ever an explanation for that blonde woman's final words in episode 1...what was she about to say? I had assumed it would be a major plot point...

Binges watched both seasons over the last week and absolutely loved it. BSG is one of my favourite shows of all time so it's great to have some quality sci-fi back on the air.

A few criticisms:

- the pacing can be quite jarring (the first four episodes had so many characters introduced then killed off very quickly, other episodes can drag on too much)
- it was pretty difficult to keep track of and understand the various factions and motives in season 1...half the time I had no idea who owned what station and what jurisdiction various parties had in space

Episode 5 of season 2 was utterley brilliant and some of the best TV I've seen in years. Unfortunately I am also definitely missing Miller's presence now :(

Oh and while I think of it...was there ever an explanation for that blonde woman's final words in episode 1...what was she about to say? I had assumed it would be a major plot point...
Can you remember what she said? I'm sure I can fill you in of you let me know. I'm an avid book fan. I won't say too much if it turns out to be a spoiler though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back