FTA-TV The Expanse

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you remember what she said? I'm sure I can fill you in of you let me know. I'm an avid book fan. I won't say too much if it turns out to be a spoiler though

When she was talking to Holden via the video link her last words were something along the lines of '...there's something you should know...' then she was cut off.

When she was talking to Holden via the video link her last words were something along the lines of '...there's something you should know...' then she was cut off.
ah, yeah that wasn't from the books. I think it was either about to be a declaration of love or perhaps even something more...

I need to read that to start a book readers thread. Watched season 1 of this, then read the first 6 books, then now just finished season 2.
the books are just so good. The guys behind Corey are such good writers. The perfect blend of hard sci-fi and believable characters and politics

Juliette from Lost haha! Syfy's broadcast mutes or changes the swear words. It's less fun.

Syfy have cancelled it as of the end of season 3. The makers are looking for another network/streamer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some really awesome concepts being explored in the last couple of episodes. This is absolute top-notch sci-fi drama. It's the perfect time to catch up and get on-board for the final few weeks.

I just caught up on the last few all in a row because the cliffhangers were so compelling and another one just today!!

Good to see Miller, somehow I knew we hadn't seen the last of him.

This long weekend I wanted to catch up on The Handmaids Tale first before getting into The Expanse.

I had 4 episodes of season 1 and all 8 of season 2 to get thru. Promised would persevere with it before giving up on it.

All caught up, and able to start on The Expanse.

Only watched three episodes of season 1....still have to get thru the rest and all season 2 and into season 3 before I'm caught up with you all in this thread.....but I wanted to say.....yes, i do so far love this show. Finally! A show that does so many things right that it pleases me.

Will report back when I'm all caught up.

And many thanks to the gentleman Punchy Bassett who recommended the show to me :heart:

Up to episode 7 season 1.

Amazing show. It keeps you on tenterhooks every minute of the show, you're always popping on the next episode to get straight back into it.
Personally I absolutely loved the first few episodes, but many have found the world-building and exposition to be a bit tiring. Once you get past that it's a fast-paced mystery :p

Personally I absolutely loved the first few episodes, but many have found the world-building and exposition to be a bit tiring. Once you get past that it's a fast-paced mystery :p
It was a bit of work at first to understand all the jargon -- the names of corporations, who's who, what they're referring to, etc -- but you quickly find your feet and then it's a rollercoaster ride.

I'll try to spread the word around, tho I'm hated on the Media board.

It was a bit of work at first to understand all the jargon -- the names of corporations, who's who, what they're referring to, etc -- but you quickly find your feet and then it's a rollercoaster ride.

I'll try to spread the word around, tho I'm hated on the Media board.
All the framework gets laid down. The beauty of the show is in it's ability to present a dynamic, evolving solar system with character development and shifting factions. The plot weaves through, throwing curveballs to 'shake things up' and fundamentally change characters' allegiances.

You can tell that the Bookwriters had initially intended it to be an MMORPG!

All the framework gets laid down. The beauty of the show is in it's ability to present a dynamic, evolving solar system with character development and shifting factions. The plot weaves through, throwing curveballs to 'shake things up' and fundamentally change characters' allegiances.

You can tell that the Bookwriters had initially intended it to be an MMORPG!
This is exactly why this show is the best thing I've watched in recent time. Compared to other touted shows at the moment, which suffer from a number of those things not being done well. Forgot to add the acting in this is fantastic too. Real world acting.

This long weekend I wanted to catch up on The Handmaids Tale first before getting into The Expanse.

I had 4 episodes of season 1 and all 8 of season 2 to get thru. Promised would persevere with it before giving up on it.

All caught up, and able to start on The Expanse.

Only watched three episodes of season 1....still have to get thru the rest and all season 2 and into season 3 before I'm caught up with you all in this thread.....but I wanted to say.....yes, i do so far love this show. Finally! A show that does so many things right that it pleases me.

Will report back when I'm all caught up.

And many thanks to the gentleman Punchy Bassett who recommended the show to me :heart:

Not a problem always like to pass on recommendations to quality shows!

Fck me. I've finished up to season 3 episode 5. About to crank up the last remaining 5 episodes to be up to date. I've been binge watching this....not because I want to rush thru it just to be caught up, but because I've truly in love with this and can't get off the ride. Every scene, of every episode, keeps you on tenterhooks, wanting to learn what happens next, and because this kind of writing (the story arcs, the dialog, but also the character development and interchanging relationships between all the characters) is so very rare. I haven't witnessed better writing than this. Both the original novel writer (carey) but also the writers adapting the novels to teleplays.

This is the best thing I've seen in either television or movie format for many many years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back